Cutting cycle on TRT

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
So, I'm planning on doing a serious cut, starting in mid-late January.

quick recap to explain my history:
-lifting/sports for 25+ years
-dabbled with anabolics 15 years, but generally only 1-2 cycles a year
-diagnosed with hypothyroidism after I got back from Iraq (take 50 mcg synthroid ever since)
-had a serious injury a couple years back where I was unable to train for a year and got fat
-struggled to lose weight, and found that my T levels were in the low range
-tried to use OTC supps and SERMs/AI/s to bring my T back up, but was always temporary
-lost 25-30 lbs last year
-started TRT a couple months back. haven't lost any more weight, but have lost a lot of fat and regained a lot of LBM

anyway, I have some Helladrol left that I got from before the ban. I'm planning on adding that to my TRT (100 mg cyp 2x wk, plus A-dex/HCG), as well as some T3.

I'm thinking 100 mg Helladrol (since it's likely a bit weaker, anyway) and 50 mcg of T3. prolly around a 6 week cut, and I will reverse diet up to maintenance calories...

my diet will be pretty aggressive, as will my training plan.

my main goal is to drop as much bodyfat as I can while maintaining LBM.

I am also going to run a 3 week course of l-carnitine l-tartrate ahead of the cycle in order to increase my AR density.

will run BP/liver support on cycle, and after, as needed...

Does anybody see anything I'm missing here?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the transformation! Have you ever had your iodine level tested (urine test)? Without proper iodine levels, the thyroid can’t function. My level was extremely low because I don’t use iodized salt and seafood consumption is rarely.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
In for the transformation! Have you ever had your iodine level tested (urine test)? Without proper iodine levels, the thyroid can’t function. My level was extremely low because I don’t use iodized salt and seafood consumption is rarely.
I don't think I ever have had that test....

I kinda assumed that it was tested a while back, but to be honest, I was quite surprised how little testing I had at first. I will have to dig through some bloodwork and see if I've had that or not...

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention before: I take Vyvanse for ADHD, so I have to avoid a lot of fat burners, beta-2 agonists, etc

At this point, I don't take much for supplements, other than fish oil, Amino Energy (pre-workout), vit D and a prostate health formula (NOW)

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to ask: do you still take iodine? if so, what dose/brand?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like (and use) iodoral for iodine supplementation.

Do you take DHEA as part of your TRT? A topical DHEA supplement like Dermacrine could help with fat loss too.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

-diagnosed with hypothyroidism after I got back from Iraq (take 50 mcg synthroid ever since)
-had a serious injury a couple years back where I was unable to train for a year and got fat
-tried to use OTC supps and SERMs/AI/s to bring my T back up, but was always temporary
-started TRT a couple months back. haven't lost any more weight, but have lost a lot of fat and regained a lot of LBM

anyway, I have some Helladrol left that I got from before the ban. I'm planning on adding that to my TRT (100 mg cyp 2x wk, plus A-dex/HCG), as well as some T3.

I'm thinking 100 mg Helladrol (since it's likely a bit weaker, anyway) and 50 mcg of T3. prolly around a 6 week cut, and I will reverse diet up to maintenance calories...

I am also going to run a 3 week course of l-carnitine l-tartrate ahead of the cycle in order to increase my AR density.

Thank you for your service . I too did my time in Iraq. As for phs they wreak havoc on your body. Diet diet diet. Test is so versatile you can bulk or cut. Up the cardio?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Thank you for your service . I too did my time in Iraq. As for phs they wreak havoc on your body. Diet diet diet. Test is so versatile you can bulk or cut. Up the cardio?
Who where y'all with. I was with 1st Cav in Iraq 2004-05, 2nd Infantry 2007-08 in Iraq, and 7th Army 2009 Afghanistan. Glad to see you home brothers

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Who where y'all with. I was with 1st Cav in Iraq 2004-05, 2nd Infantry 2007-08 in Iraq, and 7th Army 2009 Afghanistan. Glad to see you home brothers
3 tours??? God bless you sir. 1ID OIF '06-'07. Did my time and got out. Dad army, brother just finished his 4 year marine enlistment! We all joined at 18 good times.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 tours??? God bless you sir. 1ID OIF '06-'07. Did my time and got out. Dad army, brother just finished his 4 year marine enlistment! We all joined at 18 good times.
I did 10 years with 3 1/2 in Combat

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Thanks for your service boys!

If I remember correctly 1st Cav had a pretty rough tour in 04? I was 1/8 bravo in fallujah 04'

Dr. B

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your service boys!

If I remember correctly 1st Cav had a pretty rough tour in 04? I was 1/8 bravo in fallujah 04'

Dr. B
You where in 1/8 doc. I was Bravo 1/5 Cav in Fallujah in '04 both times. And the lead assualt in Najaf. And yes we had a rough tour.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
yes sir, usmc. Did a BDA on 1 Cav if i remember correctly... bad scene

Dr. B

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Dr. B
Yes sir. I was there. I have a 1st Marine Combat patch good to see someone I was there with. Glad to have you here. PM me anytime you wanna chat. Habe you seen The Long Road Home yet...bad memories

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Dr. B
I was the platoon that pulled out the cut off Marines in Fallujah in '04

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I did 10 years with 3 1/2 in Combat
. 4years enlisted 4 reserve(weekend warrior lol) deployed two months after got to first unit at 18! Lmao!! Brother was Marine MARSOC didn't deploy once smh

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
. 4years enlisted 4 reserve(weekend warrior lol) deployed two months after got to first unit at 18! Lmao!! Brother was Marine MARSOC didn't deploy once smh
Still glad to have you hear brother

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Roger that, appreciate it!

Nope, I havent seen that series yet. Will have to check out if its accurate. Hollywood really butchers OIF/GWOT movies

Right on, It was a rough city and time, indeed.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Nope, I havent seen that series yet. Will have to check out if its accurate. Hollywood really butchers OIF/GWOT movies

It's on point. There are the Hollywood moments. But, it is very accurate

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Glad to have you home too doc. We went through hell. But we are still here. Thanks for your service

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
It's on point. There are the Hollywood moments. But, it is very accurate
The army life was not what I expected... I expected Honor, patriots, people wanting to serve our country. Grew up watching band of brothers, men of honor, forest gump etc. What I saw was gangs, politics, females suckin d for rank, drug use. People joining just for bonus benefits and gi bill. Money money money. Buddies got 30k 50k bonuses! Granted there were the good ones. I did not get a bonus at all. Just wanted to serve. The army will show you the armpits of the world. My Marine brother chilled in japan doing patrols. Ah well

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The army life was not what I expected... I expected Honor, patriots, people wanting to serve our country. Grew up watching band of brothers, men of honor, forest gump etc. What I saw was gangs, politics, females suckin d for rank, drug use. People joining just for bonus benefits and gi bill. Money money money. Buddies got 30k 50k bonuses! Granted there were the good ones. I did not get a bonus at all. Just wanted to serve. The army will show you the armpits of the world. My Marine brother chilled in japan doing patrols. Ah well
We threw guys out like that in my units. I know cause I was one of the NCO's doing paperwork. I got my 5 and threw a guy out for doing coke 3 days later after a UI

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir. I was there. I have a 1st Marine Combat patch good to see someone I was there with. Glad to have you here. PM me anytime you wanna chat. Habe you seen The Long Road Home yet...bad memories
Being a vet isn't very easy is it? Damn civies lol

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
We threw guys out like that in my units. I know cause I was one of the NCO's doing paperwork. I got my 5 and threw a guy out for doing coke 3 days later after a UI
Drugs were rampant in my unit. Guys would be like man I can't wait to go on leave and do coke smh. There was a group of privates that called themselves the "tweak squad" and were actually proud of it! In Iraq, a buddy showed me a case of mike and ikes that his wife sent him with vicodins in them. Dirty unit. Look up army and coke.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I like (and use) iodoral for iodine supplementation.

Do you take DHEA as part of your TRT? A topical DHEA supplement like Dermacrine could help with fat loss too.
no, not yet.

I will look into that.... as it is now, I have the Hellarol so that won't cost me anything, but may look into the Dermacrine for down the road.... or is that something people tend to cruise with?

also, what dose do you use of iodoral?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
You do not need more supps... Like I said, test can be versatile. Bulk of cut. It all depends on your diet and training. Up your cardio eat leaner and healthier. You can even just lift more aggressively or fasted.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no, not yet.

I will look into that.... as it is now, I have the Hellarol so that won't cost me anything, but may look into the Dermacrine for down the road.... or is that something people tend to cruise with?

also, what dose do you use of iodoral?
1-2 pumps of Dermacrine is a fairly standard dose to take alongside TRT. That's how I get my DHEA in. But at a higher dose as recommended on the bottle, could be a good add-on for fat loss.

Iodoral, I take a full tab everyday for about a month when I first start it, then a half tab daily after that, but sometimes I take breaks. I try not to overdo my iodine intake, can have a negative effect on the thyroid actually if you overdo it.