John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay so anyone who lets a pint of blood knows on the list of drugs not to be in your system is finasteride.

Im on script finasteride and take a small dose, like 0.5-1 mg every other or third day. The half life is 4-7.5 hours, and over a cumulative time it reduces dht , which is what one for keeping their hair is after. That said, is stopping a week or two in advance to donating blood, enough time to be out the of the system.

From my research it can inhibit dht for a few days afterwards. That said, from what i researched its out of the system the next day.

btw whats the reasoning behind not giving blood with finasteride in your system when it goes to a person's body in the hospital?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Okay so anyone who lets a pint of blood knows on the list of drugs not to be in your system is finasteride.

Im on script finasteride and take a small dose, like 0.5-1 mg every other or third day. The half life is 4-7.5 hours, and over a cumulative time it reduces dht , which is what one for keeping their hair is after. That said, is stopping a week or two in advance to donating blood, enough time to be out the of the system.

From my research it can inhibit dht for a few days afterwards. That said, from what i researched its out of the system the next day.

btw whats the reasoning behind not giving blood with finasteride in your system when it goes to a person's body in the hospital?
I think the half-life might not be a good indicator as to how much is in your body. I did a bit of quick reading on fin, and it looks like 17 days might be the time to reach stable levels in the blood?

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archive****3263

^ hopefully somebody else can interpret that better than me...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
Anabolics 19
AdelV Supplements 14
35 and Older 1