Trt high red blood count

rotherhammad

Awards
Hi guys

From Uk so the trt protocol sucks!
On Nebido which is Test undeconate. 1 4ml shot every 12 weeks.

Due to little improvement that has been reduced to 10 weeks. After latest blood work, red blood count too high so have been advised to revert to 12.

Anyone else suffer this?
How to remedy this?
Anyone give blood to reduce high blood count? Does this work?

Asked to change doctor, but I believe they all follow the same path i.e. Nebido

Cheers

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Giving blood does work my friend.
It’s a great idea

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

From Uk so the trt protocol sucks!
On Nebido which is Test undeconate. 1 4ml shot every 12 weeks.

Due to little improvement that has been reduced to 10 weeks. After latest blood work, red blood count too high so have been advised to revert to 12.

Anyone else suffer this?
How to remedy this?
Anyone give blood to reduce high blood count? Does this work?

Asked to change doctor, but I believe they all follow the same path i.e. Nebido

Cheers
I had polycythemia, doc took me off trt....I started a low dose aspirin/fish oil regimen and after 3 months blood count returned to normal...1 was on 200mg test cyp weekly, has been reduced to 100mg weekly with no problem for the last year. I don't get the boost from 100mg that I did with 200mg[obviously] but very happy to still be on the test cyp....

with that said regular blood donations is sound advice.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
How often would one give blood on TRT?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

rotherhammad

Awards
How much blood would you generally give to balance out red blood count and how often??
Presume 2 pints and every 3 months.

Thanks

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much blood would you generally give to balance out red blood count and how often??
Presume 2 pints and every 3 months.

Thanks
Impossible to predict. Take it from a mistake I made, do not donate until hematocrit goes above 50. I was donating as a precaution and result was iron deficient anemia. It’s been a year on iron supplements and I’m still not iron normal.

sarge40

Awards
That's one of the potential downsides to frequent donation. Something similar happened to me. When I kicked off TRT, my hct was up to about 54. I donated every few weeks, and rotated banks so I wouldn't be precluded from donating due to the necessary eight weeks not having lapsed. I did successfully knock down my hct, but my ferritin levels were, and have stayed at rock bottom. The plus side is that once I got the levels under control, they have stayed under control, even without the frequent donations. I've also knocked down my TRT dose, so I have no doubt that this has been a contributing factor.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
donating works. Ive seen my levels go from 18.5 to 15 after donating .

Ive also been on cycle , didnt donate, and my levels were, 18, transitioned into trt at 150 weekly and my levels went to 16

I used to donate every two months regularly the past couple years or so, now I just play it by ear. If anyone follows #AskDave Dave never donated in his many years of high anabolics use and didnt think its that important. I do think blood letting is a good idea , Its just Ive seen my levels go down from higher dosed anabolics to trt levels like mentioned above, without donating. I get regular blood work, 2-4 times a year, so at least once a year before my big everything test Ill donate just to make sure crit and globin and down. My last donation was three months ago and Ive been on trt two of these months

As some have mentioned, too frequent donations can leave iron levels low. At the maximum once every two months, unless you have an exception.