Bio Identical Test Pellets Opinion

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Hi, I was talking to my chiropractor and hes excited about his clinic offering bio-identical time released testosterone pellets He says the pellets only have to be injected twice a year and is trying to talk me into giving them a try. Im not so sure about this..I tried test injections in the past at 100-200mg weekly injections and suffered DHT related hairloss. I had to go on Avodart to stop all shedding, but which also stopped the test benefits. He says that "time released bio identical test wont have these side effects". Im not sure on that..I think he may be wrong...my thinking is DHT still increases hence shedding may still occur.. thoughts?

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
I’m on bio identical trt. I don’t really remember enough to elaborate but basically she said that because it’s 100% tailored to the indivual you don’t receive negative side effects you could run into while taking the regular test shots. I’m doing a cream, I Havnt heard of pellets but sounds intresting

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I’m on bio identical trt. I don’t really remember enough to elaborate but basically she said that because it’s 100% tailored to the indivual you don’t receive negative side effects you could run into while taking the regular test shots. I’m doing a cream, I Havnt heard of pellets but sounds intresting
Thank you for your input..sounds like maybe sides may not be as prevalent. (Im very sensitive to DHT related sides so I cant be too careful.) However since youre already on the cream, you may like the pellets even more..if nothing else its a lot less work.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
How long have the pellets been around?
Not sure..only know that my docs clinic is offering them in January. Only taken twice a year , or if youre an extreme athlete than they may bump up to 3 times a year.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. Pellets are prone to infection, expensive and subject to being literally ejected with muscle exertion. They are a money grab by the doctor because they charge for surgery to implant. Save yourself from all this and just use injections.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Great FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. Pellets are prone to infection, expensive and subject to being literally ejected with muscle exertion. They are a money grab by the doctor because they charge for surgery to implant. Save yourself from all this and just use injections.
Thanks, thats important info. to know about the potential risks of pellets.

JVee63

Awards
As kenpo said, pellets are not a good choice for a number of reasons.

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
Yea I don’t think I’d mess with pellets untill they’ve been out for a while longer.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Pellets have been out for a very long time. I was on bio identical pellets for about 3 years and pharmaceutical pellets for 2 years. Now I do injections once a week. I to fell for the BS they sell you about the bio pellets. They actually told me that because they were identical to my own they wouldn't shut down my sperm production(a**holes). Anyway here's my 2 cents:
I never had any issues with the pellets and actually liked them. They need to be implanted every 4 months not 6. My test level would be around 1100-1200 3 weeks from insertion and 400-500 one week before my next 4 month visit. The only issue I had besides being lied to was the cost. My father was also using the pellets for a while but he had multiple infections from them. He is now doing weekly injections as well and loving them. Oh and with the injections I only get my test levels check once a year instead of every few months. Good luck with whatever you choose.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
As kenpo said, pellets are not a good choice for a number of reasons.
My PCP just cold turkey stopped me because of thickening of blood and high RBCs. Im looking at a local clinic that only does pellets. What are the reasons you speak of ????

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My PCP just cold turkey stopped me because of thickening of blood and high RBCs. Im looking at a local clinic that only does pellets. What are the reasons you speak of ????
Scroll up a little and see the reasons.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very common side effect of AAS use or TRT is increased blood cells or thickness. This is measured with the hematocrit blood test. Simple solution is when it goes over 50, donate blood. Make sure you are well hydrated and add a low dose aspirin daily.

Also, join the FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. You need to become better educated on TRT since your doctor isn’t.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
A very common side effect of AAS use or TRT is increased blood cells or thickness. This is measured with the hematocrit blood test. Simple solution is when it goes over 50, donate blood. Make sure you are well hydrated and add a low dose aspirin daily.

Also, join the FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. You need to become better educated on TRT since your doctor isn’t.
Ill give that site a look. Ive ben on TRT for 12 years and have these issues off and on during that time. I was donating blood every 56 days for the past 18 months or so and kept my blood levels in ck. Then I came up anemic and very little ferritin, so thats the rabbit hole I,m going down at this time. My Dr. at first was seemed really up to date on TRT and now he has become like most Drs, spend about 3 minutes with me on a physical and your blood is thick so done with TRT. I have a appt next week with a clinic that just deals with hormonal issues, insurance doesnt cover it. I,m gonna give it 6 months and see how that goes. Tks for the tips.....

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill give that site a look. Ive ben on TRT for 12 years and have these issues off and on during that time. I was donating blood every 56 days for the past 18 months or so and kept my blood levels in ck. Then I came up anemic and very little ferritin, so thats the rabbit hole I,m going down at this time. My Dr. at first was seemed really up to date on TRT and now he has become like most Drs, spend about 3 minutes with me on a physical and your blood is thick so done with TRT. I have a appt next week with a clinic that just deals with hormonal issues, insurance doesnt cover it. I,m gonna give it 6 months and see how that goes. Tks for the tips.....
Oh, you’re an old pro with TRT, my apologies. Have you tried splitting your dose to every day or every other day injections? Do you have sleep apnea as this can result in super high hematocrit/RBC? Do you live at higher elevation? Fish oil, hydration and aspirin will help with this.

I was donating every 56 days like you. Crashed my iron/ferritin so low it’s taken almost 2 years of iron chelate to come back.

Check out that site as there are over 20k members with issues just like ours. Just research the FB page first as there is tons of information.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I was doing .2cc twice a week and maintaining a 700-800 level TT. I take fish oil and baby aspirin daily and have one glass of tea and the rest is just water. The last CBC I did was fasted and I,m sure I was dehydrated that early in the morning. Dr. would not even listen or consider that. Ill ck out the site U recommended. I have a appt next Wed with the new Dr., I may update how that goes if interested. Tks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There a pain in the a$$,
The chance for infection is significantly increased
Once they are in you are fuk'd if anything happens. I had female clients have emergency surgery to get them out as they are over prescribed driving women into the 200-250 total testosterone. This occurred on 4 occasions with in a 5 weeks period. My colleagues were about to report them to medical board for malpractice
Its a great cash cow driven by good marketing
It will increase suppression of LH and other pathways due to the fact of their is not a natural fluctuation. It is more consistent plasma level started to drop after 2-4 months then need new impants.
Not covered by insurance and very costly to have inserted

The grass is not always greener on the other side...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, you’re an old pro with TRT, my apologies. Have you tried splitting your dose to every day or every other day injections? Do you have sleep apnea as this can result in super high hematocrit/RBC? Do you live at higher elevation? Fish oil, hydration and aspirin will help with this.

I was donating every 56 days like you. Crashed my iron/ferritin so low it’s taken almost 2 years of iron chelate to come back.

Check out that site as there are over 20k members with issues just like ours. Just research the FB page first as there is tons of information.
I 2nd fish oil and baby aspirin. took care of my polythycemia without the need for blood draws.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Hi, I was talking to my chiropractor and hes excited about his clinic offering bio-identical time released testosterone pellets He says the pellets only have to be injected twice a year and is trying to talk me into giving them a try. Im not so sure about this..I tried test injections in the past at 100-200mg weekly injections and suffered DHT related hairloss. I had to go on Avodart to stop all shedding, but which also stopped the test benefits. He says that "time released bio identical test wont have these side effects". Im not sure on that..I think he may be wrong...my thinking is DHT still increases hence shedding may still occur.. thoughts?
Pellets have been around for ever. They are a good alternative to injections if you cant do your own injections. That said

They suck!!! Along with high price, infection, frequent implant...the biggest problem is they DON'T release in a steady serum level. Just as was mentioned they will release a high serum level like 1200 for a month and fully shut your hpta down. Then they dwindle down to 700 very fast and this causes more problems than just having half TT. The worst thing is they can fragment. If it fragments or gets crushed by falling on your azz hard you get a dangerous influx of test causing health issues then a crash of zero test.

Stick with twice a week injections.

sarge40

Awards
Been on TRT for a few years now, and with a good amount of understanding of the issue, I opted for injections over cream or pellets, and am glad I did. With some frequent blood tests in the initial year, I was able to dial in my protocol very quickly. I don't think you will be able to get the pellet dosing dialed in just right that quickly, as you are committed to whatever they put in you, correct or incorrect dose, until the next implantation. Then it's another waiting game. Much easier to adjust the dose up or down with small and frequent injections, coupled with blood tests. With two shots a week, my peak and trough differences aren't too dramatic (only measure troughs, but "feels" consistent and smooth), as opposed to potentially well upwards of 1000 down to a couple of hundred with pellets (I also have experience with that feeling, having initially been prescribed one large shot per week, and definitely felt the difference). Ideally, I'd think small daily shots of prop would best emulate natural daily fluctuations, but that's a lot of pinning. I understand creams can emulate the sawtooth pattern even better, but I didn't want to run the risk of my little girls growing full beards because they wanted to give daddy a hug. Finally, with pellets, the invasiveness (i.e., risk of pain and infection) and high cost was a big turnoff. My $70 bottle of cyp (that's with no insurance), can last me five months. I think the cost savings there are significant.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Been on TRT for a few years now, and with a good amount of understanding of the issue, I opted for injections over cream or pellets, and am glad I did. With some frequent blood tests in the initial year, I was able to dial in my protocol very quickly. I don't think you will be able to get the pellet dosing dialed in just right that quickly, as you are committed to whatever they put in you, correct or incorrect dose, until the next implantation. Then it's another waiting game. Much easier to adjust the dose up or down with small and frequent injections, coupled with blood tests. With two shots a week, my peak and trough differences aren't too dramatic (only measure troughs, but "feels" consistent and smooth), as opposed to potentially well upwards of 1000 down to a couple of hundred with pellets (I also have experience with that feeling, having initially been prescribed one large shot per week, and definitely felt the difference). Ideally, I'd think small daily shots of prop would best emulate natural daily fluctuations, but that's a lot of pinning. I understand creams can emulate the sawtooth pattern even better, but I didn't want to run the risk of my little girls growing full beards because they wanted to give daddy a hug. Finally, with pellets, the invasiveness (i.e., risk of pain and infection) and high cost was a big turnoff. My $70 bottle of cyp (that's with no insurance), can last me five months. I think the cost savings there are significant.
sarge40 good post...post more often!!!

sarge40

Awards
sarge40 good post...post more often!!!
Thanks thebigt

I should also add that another option I explored was Aveed (or testosterone undecanoate, a long estered testosterone, for those unfamiliar with it). I saw the drawbacks to be similar to the pellets, i.e., that you get your injection, and it is what it is. No titrating doses though. I specifically asked if they would adjust the dosing based on the peak and trough numbers, and the doc told me that they inject the whole 3 mL, no aromatase inhibitor given for the 10 week period between shots, and the numbers are what they are, be it low TT/FT or high E2 - doesn't matter. So, I would again suggest that test c or e are the best bet, preferably split into two injections a week (especially if you have low SHBG), over all of the other options.

OP, let us know which way you go. I know you are sensitive to DHT, but anything that modulates the 5-ar enzyme (e.g., dutasteride, finasteride), will also reduce the androgenic effects of TRT because it is DHT which is the active form of the androgen, which is likely why you stopped feeling the effects when you used Avodart. I've embraced my baldness by shaving whatever is left off, but I have heard guys have had some success in preserving their hair by using certain shampoos, or adjusting diet.