GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IMG_2658.PNG
IMG_2659.PNG

These results are from using 50mg test cyp twice a week, and haven't used an AI for about 3 weeks. Looks like I may not need an AI for a long time.

My doctor wants to increase my test dose, so I'm gonna go to 110mg per week. I don't want to increase too much because I get side effects at 120mg per week such as heart rate increasing only at night and palpitations at night, as well as insomnia.

She also wants me to start taking 25mg DHEA for my terrible levels, but I've had issues with it in the past so I'm concerned. My blood pressure is at 140/90 right now which is up as a result of tapering off bisoprolol (down to 1.25mg from 10mg 2 months ago). I also take 25mg Losartan.
Can DHEA effect blood pressure, positively or negatively?

Also, what effects could I be feeling from a DHEA level that low?

Victor30

Victor30

Awards
How do you feel with low e2 and low DHEA ? How's your libido ?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How do you feel with low e2 and low DHEA ? How's your libido ?
Libido is pretty good, morning wood was actually there at that time. Those labs are from a month ago. All my injuries hurt more than they should including the knee which had ACL repair. Anxiety is controllable through my ketogenic diet whereas without it, I'd be having daily panic attacks with my e2 that low. Chest flutters and palpitations are mild but there and morning blood pressure spikes also mild. The lower e2 gets, the higher my blood pressure spikes get in the morning. When my e2 is right, my BP can go down to 118/74, but that was with the bisoprolol at 10mg. I'm not sure what my new normal will be.

I know I need to bring my e2 up, but I don't want high testosterone symptoms either. I'm waiting on labs done a few days ago from dosing at 80mg total a week in a 4 week experiment which I felt really bad in. Still figuring it all out.

JL2002

Awards
I wouldn’t trust the results of the estradiol test using ECLIA. Males require the more sensitive LC/MS/MS test. Get re-tested before making any decisions.

You can get DHEA supplements dirt cheap over-the-counter.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t trust the results of the estradiol test using ECLIA. Males require the more sensitive LC/MS/MS test. Get re-tested before making any decisions.

You can get DHEA supplements dirt cheap over-the-counter.
I tried oral micronized DHEA for 4 days, and it gave the same side effects as last night. 30 minutes after taking it, I felt overstimulated and all my senses were on overdrive. Things I would have to get my nose on to smell I could smell from the other room. Then the next day without DHEA irritability and depression kicked in. The irritability is getting better now but the depression lingers in and out. I have sublingual DHEA I can try but I’m hesitant too because I react so strongly to it.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So going back to your bloodwork that estradiol number is so low anyone would be in full blown depression. Did you have that rechecked? What brand DHEA are you taking?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So going back to your bloodwork that estradiol number is so low anyone would be in full blown depression. Did you have that rechecked? What brand DHEA are you taking?
Pure Encapsulations.

I also realized that maybe the Maca was covering some of the low e symptoms. I stopped taking Maca on Saturday. I’ll start that again today.

I haven’t had it rechecked yet. I was giving it a couple more weeks at my new test dose.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pure Encapsulations.

I also realized that maybe the Maca was covering some of the low e symptoms. I stopped taking Maca on Saturday. I’ll start that again today.

I haven’t had it rechecked yet. I was giving it a couple more weeks at my new test dose.
I forgot to mention why I stopped the Maca. I’ve been eliminating things in my stack that could also potentially be causing the increased heart rate and pounding heart at night. I took a dose at lunch today and it’s happening hardcore. But, it’s also 48 hours after my shot and I also had the suspicion it happens when my test shot peaks. I’m going to cut the Maca dose to 1 cap twice a day, instead of 2 caps twice a day and see what happens.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I forgot to mention why I stopped the Maca. I’ve been eliminating things in my stack that could also potentially be causing the increased heart rate and pounding heart at night. I took a dose at lunch today and it’s happening hardcore. But, it’s also 48 hours after my shot and I also had the suspicion it happens when my test shot peaks. I’m going to cut the Maca dose to 1 cap twice a day, instead of 2 caps twice a day and see what happens.
Another suspicion I have is that is there a chance Maca lowers estrogen? I’ve read on examine that it shouldn’t, but there’s so much info out there that says it does or balances hormones, what if the Maca is treating the low e2 symptoms but at the same time preventing my e2 from climbing to an acceptable level? It’s been almost 2 months since I’ve taken an AI and it’s still low. Anyone have any thoughts?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update: All low e symptoms have improved dramatically. No more racing heart, flutters or palpitations at night. Occasionally I still get all that mildly in the middle of the day but I believe that’s anxiety induced. I’m hoping that’ll go away when I’m completely done withdrawing (for lack of a better word) from the beta blocker. Still haven’t used any AI.
Using 60mg test cyp twice a week.

I’m up to 6.25mg DHEA sublingual and 3.75mg sublingual DHEA morning and afternoon and now it feels good. No more crazy overstimulation. Just for reference, 1.125mg was stimulating when I first started. I’ll keep going up with small increases until I get to ~20-25mg total daily and retest.