Estradiol very low?

1. Estradiol very low?

Recently got some bloodwork done and my e2 number came back as less than 5 pg/ml.

All other values came back normal except for creatinine which was expected to b a little high as i am carrying a fair amount of muscle.

I am not on TRT or any AIs and havent ran a cycle in more than 10 years.

Any thoughts or ideas on what could cause this would b greatly appreciated. Was about to run a cycle of test e but now am wondering how safe that would be.

Never thought i would b concerned i didnt have enough estrogen.

Input would b greatly appreciated. Also i hope this is the proper forum.as this is my 1st post.

2. How lean are you? Adipose tissue contains aromatase enzymes which create estrogen
    •   

3. Pretty lean but not crazy lean. I would say 12 to 15 % bodyfat. Is a guess tho.

Age 38
    Weight 198 lbs.

4. Im thinking the number on the bloodwork is just a little screwy. Everything else came back good. No sexual disfunction or joint pain... doesnt really add up.

5. Is it possible some preworkout or other supplement had an AI in it?
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
    •   

6. Always possible...have been using APS mesomorph. Has dmaa in it. Developed some weird acne after i started taking it but not too severe. Did some minor research as i wondered if something was messing with hormones after i started developing acne and diet had not changed. The pwo also made me piss lk a horse which i figured was just the dmaa.

Thats the only "sketchy" supplement ive been taking.

Idk if anyone has any info i dont on that preworkout.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Arrow777 View Post
    Always possible...have been using APS mesomorph. Has dmaa in it. Developed some weird acne after i started taking it but not too severe. Did some minor research as i wondered if something was messing with hormones after i started developing acne and diet had not changed. The pwo also made me piss lk a horse which i figured was just the dmaa.

Thats the only "sketchy" supplement ive been taking.

Idk if anyone has any info i dont on that preworkout.
    Mesomorph is notoriously high stim and a lot of stims are diuretics

How was your testosterone? Low test and lead to low estrogen

8. 488 ng/ dl. Very much n the normal.range for.my age.

9. LH FSH SHBG all normal

10. What Lab ran the tests????
    Which E2 test did you get???
    What were the posted TEST RANGES for the E2????
    What was your LH ( and ranges)

IMHO, I would test E2 again!!!! ( if your E2 was that low I would expect your LH to be top of range)
  11. Estradiol very low?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow777 View Post
    488 ng/ dl. Very much n the normal.range for.my age.
    Actually, thatís lower than where it should be for 38. Was that TT bloodwork done first thing in morning?

Name:  IMG_3698.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  60.8 KB

12. No blood was done around 3 pm...
    Will get back to u with other numbers..currently at work.

Also. Thanks for the responses guys.
    Lab was private mdlabs and it was not the most sensitive test.
  13. Estradiol very low?

Testosterone is highest in the morning. You could very well be in the 500ís. Next time have bloodwork early as possible while rested, fasted and no alcohol. Also, free testosterone and SHBG is important to know as you can have high total testosterone and low free testosterone.

14. I have seen peoples estrogen levels lowest at morning and spike in the evening, but over all low for the duration of the 24 hours.
    Even possible ran into a case where there actually might be hypoaromatizer or hyper excreter of estrodial with no AI taken for over a year or TRT
    Further investigation is needed, I am working with my colleague on this one as it has been one of the zebras in a horses world.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

15. Thanks for responses guys.

As i was not experiencing any of the classic symptoms associated with low e numbers im guessing the results were probably inaccurate.
    Have heard of many others getting odd numbers at times from this lab.
    Waiting 6 weeks and will run test again with more sensitive E range requested just to see.

Also have cut out all preworkout and have drastically lowere the amount of caffeine intake. As i was going way too hard on the DMAA preworkout.

Could constant diuretic effects from preworkout and tons of caffeine intake effect E number?

16. I would strongly suggest you use one of the major labs, such as LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics.

17. Lab corp ( 8-35) estradiol is the proper testing
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

18. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Lab corp ( 8-35) estradiol is the proper testing
    I recently had LabCorp run some tests, and my estradiol was 10.9 (Roche ECLIA methodology; reference interval 7.6-42.6). It is usually double that. What are your thoughts on the test that was run?

19. My test was done through labcorp with exact same parameters as listed in previous post. Private mdlabs sort of subcontracts....

20. Males should ALWAYS get the extra-sensitive estradiol test utilizing liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS). The others were intended for women who of course have much higher levels. Anything other than extra-sensitive will give unreliable results for men. Donít make any decisions based upon your previous result, get re-tested first thing in the morning.

21. Im not stressing about low E2 on this test. No symptoms and no discomfort and a fair amount of evidence that E2 numbers from this lab with standard sensitivity are often unreliable. Next time i will order the more sensitive test and we will see.

Got the labs done the day i started a light cycle with test E. (Started after labs were done as i wanted baseline numbers)

Will retest at about 4 more weeks w/ aforementioned ultra sensitive estros ordered. But the numbers are gonna b all over the place as I will have an un natural amount of test floating around.

Ill still be looking for any weird numbers tho as regards to E2.

Little will be learned about what is going on naturally for 6 months to a year. However, i intend to keep up bloodwork on a pretty regular basis as it is interesting and seems a good tool to monitor health and what my body is doing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Very Low testosterone levels need help!
    By mikeg402 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
  3. 19 year old very low bone mineral density... GH candidate?
    By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
  4. Estradiol too low?
    By wondering in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 03:56 PM
  5. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 10:56 AM