Free T range 31 - 94 pmol/l ??

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just did a free testosteron blood test in the morning and got a result of 44,6 pmol/l in a ref range of 31 - 94 pmol/l. I am confused regarding the range, isn't free test range somewhere between 500 - 1300 pmol/l for 20 - 40 years of age? How can I reference the 31 - 94 range to the higher range? Why are this numbers so low, are this the reagent readings, or is the blood diluted or something?? And the total T was 24.22 nmol/L ref range 8.64 - 29. Although this was done in a different lab.

Tnx! :)

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I just did a free testosteron blood test in the morning and got a result of 44,6 pmol/l in a ref range of 31 - 94 pmol/l. I am confused regarding the range, isn't free test range somewhere between 500 - 1300 pmol/l for 20 - 40 years of age? How can I reference the 31 - 94 range to the higher range? Why are this numbers so low, are this the reagent readings, or is the blood diluted or something?? And the total T was 24.22 nmol/L ref range 8.64 - 29. Although this was done in a different lab.

Tnx! :)
500-1300 is your total test I'm pretty sure. All I know is that free T doesn't go any higher than 500

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
500-1300 is your total test I'm pretty sure. All I know is that free T doesn't go any higher than 500
Ups I see now what i wrotte. Yeah total T is 500 - 1300, but free T is more like 170 - 750 pmol/L. Although different labs will cite different ref ranges...

Still confussed about the 31 - 94 range...

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
You stated pmol there might be a difference between pmol and nmol 1000pmol is worth 1nmol

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nop, its definitely pmol :) Thats why Im confussed. But if you do a google search, you can see that this is not an uncommon method. Maybe there is a difference between blood and saliva test...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bump.

Anybody else has any thoughts on this? :)

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Total testosterone on Labcorp is around 290ng/dL - 1100ng/dL and free testosterone around 8 - 59.