TRT - Cant Sleep

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
I just recently got on trt and it seems that ever since, I have been having trouble sleeping. I wake up throughout the night and can't go back to sleep. Any ideas what i should do or what may be the problem? Will it go away eventually? I keep hearing to try dhea

Thanks

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I just recently got on trt and it seems that ever since, I have been having trouble sleeping. I wake up throughout the night and can't go back to sleep. Any ideas what i should do or what may be the problem? Will it go away eventually? I keep hearing to try dhea

Thanks
Is it your first time on test? I was exactly the same. Lasted about 3 weeks and now my sleep is way better and more refreshing than pre trt days.

I used zma which helped a little and adjusted my routine before bed so that I had no TV, phone or I pad for an hour before bed.

Now I can literally just drop off to sleep. It's great, never been able to do that before so stick with it and find out what works for you. It will eventually improve your sleep and the quality of it so be patient and you will be fine.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS ZMA XT is a good product to help with sleep. Proper dosed ingredients at a very cost effective price.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thanks
Is it maybe the adrenaline if you are injecting at night?
You may have just upset your circadian rhythm and this is a coincidence. Try getting up really early and staying up, then go to bed early.

I've been consistently getting up ready to go at 4:30a every day, but I'm old; go to sleep early; and don't take any stimulants after 5p, and I will be iadministering my TRT in the morning hours.

You could try a sleep aid of some kind, but I worry about upsetting the standard phases of sleep. We make a product at Vein Nutrition which I do love on occasion, (You can take it every day if you want), but it's got a great mixture of compounds that enhance your ability to fall asleep. You wake refreshed and no sleep hangover. I use 1/3 dose and it's perfect.

It's called "Sedation".

Sedation_Supp_facts_large.png

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you're injecting in the morning.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yep, I'm injecting in the mornings, or sometimes around noon. I will try ZMA, that sounds like the consensus, at least until I get used to the test. Also, will take a look at Sedation, that looks interesting.

It's like, I go to sleep around 10 or 11, when I used to go to sleep around 9. But then I wake up at say 1am and I'm like, "man sleeping is boring I wanna get up and do something" so then I usually go downstairs and turn on the tv and fall back asleep on the couch or I get on AM or play around on the computer.

Anyway, good to know that others had this issue at first and then it went away.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Is it your first time on test? I was exactly the same. Lasted about 3 weeks and now my sleep is way better and more refreshing than pre trt days.

I used zma which helped a little and adjusted my routine before bed so that I had no TV, phone or I pad for an hour before bed.

Now I can literally just drop off to sleep. It's great, never been able to do that before so stick with it and find out what works for you. It will eventually improve your sleep and the quality of it so be patient and you will be fine.
Yep it's my very first time being on test. And I will give ZMA a shot, thanks man!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it maybe the adrenaline if you are injecting at night?
You may have just upset your circadian rhythm and this is a coincidence. Try getting up really early and staying up, then go to bed early.

I've been consistently getting up ready to go at 4:30a every day, but I'm old; go to sleep early; and don't take any stimulants after 5p, and I will be iadministering my TRT in the morning hours.

You could try a sleep aid of some kind, but I worry about upsetting the standard phases of sleep. We make a product at Vein Nutrition which I do love on occasion, (You can take it every day if you want), but it's got a great mixture of compounds that enhance your ability to fall asleep. You wake refreshed and no sleep hangover. I use 1/3 dose and it's perfect.

It's called "Sedation".

View attachment 155339
Can vouch for Sedation. Less than a teaspoon works great for me.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Your body should get used to the Anabolic compounds and sleep should resume as long as you remain on a good routine.

Try melatonin in the mean time

Dr B

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen will decrease your GABA and increase your excitatory neurotransmitters.
It will also increase CBG and TGB causing low adrenal function which only compounds the equation.
Do not try to over analyze the situation.
It also may cause thickening of the blood causing pseudohypoxia to the brain This increase ammonia increase glutamate levels causing a person to have anxiety attacks from lack of oxygen

Check your e2 levels if high then adjust with AI or lower TRT dosage
Focus on regulation GABA and glutamate modulation - Theanine often works well here.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^ says *you're* over thinking it.. lol j/k. After reading that, I had anxiety. lol.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would like to try this, but I worry that such a high melatonin dose would leave me feeling groggy in the morning.
So, good point, which is why I have never really needed a full scoop. (11g) I start with 1/4 and go up to 1/2 maximum. It's a ver well balanced formula and you will not feel groggy or have a sleep hangover. SFreed will testify to that.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
So, good point, which is why I have never really needed a full scoop. (11g) I start with 1/4 and go up to 1/2 maximum. It's a ver well balanced formula and you will not feel groggy or have a sleep hangover. SFreed will testify to that.
Any good deals?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any good deals?
I'm currently at a 3 - 4 gram dose. Does the job and I've never had an issue with grogginess. Follow our advice and start with a teaspoon. I can't even imagine what a full dose would do. I know that at a half a scoop, I feel like I took a pre-workout, not a sleep aid. At a 4 gram dose, your 30 serving tub just became 80 servings. H3ll of a bargain using the discount code.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently at a 3 - 4 gram dose. Does the job and I've never had an issue with grogginess. Follow our advice and start with a teaspoon. I can't even imagine what a full dose would do. I know that at a half a scoop, I feel like I took a pre-workout, not a sleep aid. At a 4 gram dose, your 30 serving tub just became 80 servings. H3ll of a bargain using the discount code.
Thanks. I will definitely take your advice.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was talking to a friend today i've known for almost twenty years now and shes been in a toxic relationship, didnt get sleep for a few days, been stressing out majorly, and had to go to the Emergency room because she was just stressed out and didnt know what to do. Her blood pressure was sky high probably from too little sleep , worrying too much, and cortisol being sky high.

My thing is when I get away from too much stress like maybe a stressful relationship, then I seem to sleep better. Relationships that dont help you grow and do well can cause cortisol levels to rise from thinking and worrying too much . If its a relationship issue may be best to reduce that time spent with that person, whether its text or over the phone, or in person, and just take time to relax, and focus on yourself.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Solution,
Identify stressors and remove them