DHEA on TRT?

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
hey guys, what are your thoughts on supplementing with DHEA? I read alot about it over at ExcelMale, but cannot come to a conclusion on whether to supplement with it or not.

On one hand I hear that it is a really good supplement to use while on TRT. On the other hand, I hear that if you supplement with it and you don't really need it, you could have side effects such as depression and anger.

probably the best thing to do would be to get bloods done to find out huh

I have a bottle but haven't opened it yet. what do you guys think. is bloodwork necessary? should i just hold off on it until I get my next round of bloodwork done? does anyone here supplement with DHEA?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I supplement with 25 mg Prothera brand DHEA per day in the morning. I feel more energy and alertness while on it. Yes, get bloodwork but make sure it's the DHEA-s test. From MyBloodTracker app, here is my graph of how it changed over the years. I'm increasing it to 50 mg per day to get up to optimal level. :
IMG_4082.jpg

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're on TRT, DHEA and pregnenolone are a must. As stated by Kenpoengineer, get bloodwork done so you see how much you need to take.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
If you're on TRT, DHEA and pregnenolone are a must. As stated by Kenpoengineer, get bloodwork done so you see how much you need to take.
Why are DHEA and pregnenolone a must? What does TRT do that would require supplementation?

I will wait to take them after I get bloods done. I'm not sure when Entourage requires new bloodwork, i'll have to ask.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why are DHEA and pregnenolone a must? What does TRT do that would require supplementation?

I will wait to take them after I get bloods done. I'm not sure when Entourage requires new bloodwork, i'll have to ask.
In simple terms, pregnenolone is the master hormone which all other hormones convert and or build from. DHEA is another key hormone that is needed in the hormone equation, along with testosterone. Since you'd be pinning exogenous test, the ability for the body to produce pregnenolone and DHEA is deceased significantly. Pregnenolone and DHEA help with overall feeling of wellbeing, libido and mood. You can google this to get the scientific explanation if you'd like, lol.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
In simple terms, pregnenolone is the master hormone which all other hormones convert and or build from. DHEA is another key hormone that is needed in the hormone equation, along with testosterone. Since you'd be pinning exogenous test, the ability for the body to produce pregnenolone and DHEA is deceased significantly. Pregnenolone and DHEA help with overall feeling of wellbeing, libido and mood. You can google this to get the scientific explanation if you'd like, lol.
gotcha. maybe I should just try supplementing with it and see how i feel. will get bloodwork done probably in like 3 months or so. its expensive!

thanks for your explanation bro, i appreciate it!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a chart showing how hormones are made from cholesterol. Each hormone is a "bucket" of sorts. As each bucket fills up, it spills to the next. If a bucket is already filled then the body is instructed to not produce that hormone. Your testosterone bucket is filled by injecting. This results in hormones like DHEA and Pregnenolone being not produced. You'll then need to supplement them.
IMG_1905.jpg

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I felt good when I first took low dose DHEA, but soon became very very angry with severe joint pain. The more DHEA I took, the worse it became. I thought it might be increased estradiol, but numerous blood labs show estradiol to be normal. I feel much better not taking it. I've tried 5mg/day all the way up to 50mg/day. Mainly sublingual

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
It's good to run during TRT to help prevent adrenal fatigue. All you really need is around 25mg a day to supplement

Dr B