Tough situation for Trt

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Tough situation for Trt

Here is my story, I'm a 32 yr old male who was on 100 mg a week of test cyp for about 2 years. My levels still at that dose were around TT 400-650 I felt ok. My wife then wanted another kid so I got off Trt and started clomid for a restart was on that for about 4 months and it worked she now is pregnant with twins lol now that that is done, I feel decent but not optimal. I have been off clomid for 3 months now and went to get labs. TT was 340 and everything else was in range. The doc has given me the option to go back on test and just had taken my second shot of test cyp. Today. I'm still asking myself if I really need to get back on Trt or should I just stop now before I take my 3rd shot. please help with this battle. I understand Trt is for life but I felt ok off it just not optimal. I'm so torn

2. Anyone?
    •   

3. Your doctor needs to adjust the dose based on bloodwork I would think....

4. Since you tried a Clomid restart of your HPTA, and that didn't work, I'd look at improving your Folate, Iodine and vitamin D levels. Have bloodwork done.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

5. So would you recommend staying off Trt? I'm not planning on having any more kids btw
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Codster951 View Post
    So would you recommend staying off Trt? I'm not planning on having any more kids btw
    I wouldn't necessarily say stay off TRT but what I would recommend is getting a complete hormone panel done and taking what you need based on your levels to try to stay off TRT. If that fails then TRT is probably the route to go.

7. What was your LH after clomid treatment?

8. Find the root cause of why
    Especially at your age..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. Tough situation for Trt

LH went so to a 9 and I got my wife pregnant. Then dropped to a 3 after a few months of no clomid.I found the root cause I am secondary hypo. Because of past PH use when I was 18-20 my test will not go above 350 naturally.

10. I have been to the endocrinologist many times and he gave me the Trt for 2 years then I got off using clomid. Levels stayed at 300-400 total after the clomid treatment. I feel ok just not like on Trt.

11. Im confused, if youre still capable of producing decent LH but TT is low range isnt that more indicative of primary hypo, not secondary?

Edit: nm just saw you edited your post

12. Yea I agree but my paperwork from doc said secondary so idk. Obviously when I was in my endo. And on Trt my LH was at zero. I then left him and went to primary care doc. I got off Trt via hcg and clomid. Got my wife pregnant and then got labs TT was at like 800 and LH was also high due to clomid. So doc said to get off to see if I reset. Waited 3 months and TT was at 330 and LH at 3. I ha e been feeling really tired lately and he had suggested to go back on Trt. But I'm just not sure if that's the right thing to do??

13. Btw I left endo because he told me to just come off Trt by weaning off dose off 100mg after 2 years. When he knew I wanted to get wife pregnant

14. you could use HCG on TRT and preserve your fertility.... pretty common, actually.

15. Not concerned about fertility

16. Yesterday's comment made it seem like you did.

17. My wife is already pregnant, I'm just on the fence if I should get back on Trt or stay off with total t around 300-400

18. Personally, up to how you feel I guess.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Codster951 View Post
    My wife is already pregnant, I'm just on the fence if I should get back on Trt or stay off with total t around 300-400
    What's your quality of life at this level? If these levels are too low for your personal physiology you will likely suffer other issues down the road like insulin resistance (type 2 diabetes), skewed blood lipids (my Chol went up), high blood pressure, joint pain/arthritis and so on. These are all symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome, which for men, is usually the result of years of low T. My TRT doc cut my dose in half and within 4 months I started developing Metabolic Syndrome. I just had 2 weeks of full blood panels to discover my T dose is too low for my personal physiology. (My primary won't treat low T, hence two docs).
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

20. I feel ok, but have suffered from anxiety and depression worse when I'm off and have been taken ssri to treat it.

21. At 32, and in the range of 300-400 I'd ride it out and try everything natural that I could. Surprised your doc gave you trt for 2-years at that range. I know natty stuff is not even remotely the same, but maybe you could take maco, ashg., & HGW together. I'm assuming as a lifter your diet and physical activity are on point. If not, I'd read up on areas that drop t and make sure your not indulging in those areas.

My cuz got his test pulled 6 months ago and it was close to yours (he worked out all the time). Then 6 months later got it pulled again and the doc told him he was an "alpha male." The only thing that changed was he cut out alcohol, lowered his cal intake and cut 12 lbs. so it's def possible to raise your test the natty way so you don't need to be reliant on trt at your age.

22. Wow thanks Joe, unfortunately I just took my third shot of 100mg I wonder if I can just stop now and be ok? Only been three weeks on. If not I do have clomid left over if needed at a very low dose.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Codster951 View Post
    Wow thanks Joe, unfortunately I just took my third shot of 100mg I wonder if I can just stop now and be ok? Only been three weeks on. If not I do have clomid left over if needed at a very low dose.
    If you are trying to come off, I'd take whatever clomid you have at as low dose just to be safe. Then try the natty route, keep in mind you can always go back if you feel like poop. Also, besides the 3 items I mentioned above. Add some tumeric to your list, it can help with the anxiety & depresion. The brand jarrow sells high dosed tumeric & ashwagandha KSM-66 Exstract.

I would order those & and begin now, that was all 4 supps will be 100% in you system by the time you finish the clomid, making for a much smoother transition. Also, make sure you get bloods done again soon. That way you know
    Exactly what you need to target.

24. I was 298 at 40. Screw riding it out. If clomid didn't totally restart you then it sounds like it's TRT time unless you've got an underlying cause you haven't addressed.

25. It was caused from PH use when I was like 18-20 used superdrol and a bunch of other powerful PH. Then endo put me on Trt for 2 years, then ran the clomid which worked to get my wife pregnant. Came off clomid and slowly seen my TT drop off after 4 months
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New SERMS for TRT?
    By Random987 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 12:25 AM
  2. Use of Nebido for TRT
    By IronGrip in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM
  3. HCG only for TRT
    By Pace2 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine