Dhea pregnenolone side effects

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I recently had my DHEA and pregnenolone levels checked and they were low. Pregnenolone was 20 when the range is something like 23-170 and DHEA was 100 something when the range is like 130-700. So, for the past week I been doing 30mg pregnenolone every morning with 50mg DHEA. I've noticed that I been getting super pissed off really quickly. Like snapping at the drop of a hat. Am I doing something wrong? Too much dhea maybe? What should I do?

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
So I recently had my DHEA and pregnenolone levels checked and they were low. Pregnenolone was 20 when the range is something like 23-170 and DHEA was 100 something when the range is like 130-700. So, for the past week I been doing 30mg pregnenolone every morning with 50mg DHEA. I've noticed that I been getting super pissed off really quickly. Like snapping at the drop of a hat. Am I doing something wrong? Too much dhea maybe? What should I do?
Are you currently on cycle?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you're feeling great and that is your only side effect, I would just work to mitigate it. Be mindful of it. Do you feel bad? Pissed off all the time?

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're feeling great and that is your only side effect, I would just work to mitigate it. Be mindful of it. Do you feel bad? Pissed off all the time?
No not really, but little things have been setting me off big-time to the point of where I'm on here asking about it

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe implement something like gaba, chamomile, 5htp, to calm you down/combat it? Make sure your sympathetic nervous system isn't always engaged

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think for now I'm gonna lower my DHEA dose from 50mg to 25mg. Maybe I'm overdoing it. Plus pregnenolone converts to dhea as well right?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it's the DHEA.

I take 25mg of DHEA, and 30mg of Pregnenolone EOD.
Additionally: Ashwagandha and 5HTP Daily, and 100mg of DIM EOD.

I'm on a Sub Q TRT Protocol every 3.5 days.
Presently testing out MA's MK 677 which provides a healthy dose of Vitamin D3, Magnesium & Zinc, Selenium, and Melatonin.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd lower the DHEA to 25 mg per day. Here is an endocrine chart that shows the various pathways:
IMG_1905.jpg

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think it's the DHEA.

I take 25mg of DHEA, and 30mg of Pregnenolone EOD.
Additionally: Ashwagandha and 5HTP Daily, and 100mg of DIM EOD.

I'm on a Sub Q TRT Protocol every 3.5 days.
Presently testing out MA's MK 677 which provides a healthy dose of Vitamin D3, Magnesium & Zinc, Selenium, and Melatonin.
Awesome overall protocol man. How old are you?

I'm just as excited about the ancillary supplements in Somatozine as I am the MK. So well rounded

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome overall protocol man. How old are you?

I'm just as excited about the ancillary supplements in Somatozine as I am the MK. So well rounded
I'm 52.
I agree, it's a good protocol that is finally coming into it's own I think. I had to convince my doctor it was worth trying and I think it's going to finally be a consistency with my levels getting tested again next week. The MK with complimentary ancillaries is a great idea and eliminates the need to add those separately. They are staples we should all be taking anyway.

The only thing is, the melatonin might affect those sensitive to it. 2.5mg isn't bad, but if you take more than 12.5mg (1 cap) you are into 5mg of Melatonin which may push it a little. Our (Vein Nutrition's) "Sedation" has 6mg per scoop, (I half it) and it works well for sleep. Obviously I don't take it now as I'm getting plenty of Melatonin as it is.

To cap it off, yes I agree. MA's Mikearnold 's MK is the best formulation and I believe cutting edge thinking I have seen. It's a great deal too when you consider WES20 gets you a 20% discount. It's one of those few things I think we older gents can run long term. Another I might look into would be Vein Nutrition's VEINQUISH which has a healthy addition of Ashwagandha (KSM66) and 7-Keto DHEA among other things. If one obtained a nice long term use of it, 2 caps daily, it would be $19 per month with our 3 bottle deals.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
It's the DHEA man, does that to me in doses higher than 5mg/day! Preg does all kinds of weird psychological sh!t to me too, so I don't take it. My DHEA has been below range (until supplementing dhea) since starting TRT, it's just an odd side effect. Lower your dose to 5-10mg daily and see how you feel. You don't need much to keep your levels in range. Too much can cause joint pain as well.