Need positive TRT testimonies

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
As my title reads, I'm on the fence about using TRT from a good clinic which also offers hcg along with cypionate. The reason I'm asking this question is because I see more negative posts then positive ones and I understand how forums work, it's usually to post a problem and look for an answer. I'm 49, been working out for 30+ years, I've done it all, bodybuilding, boxing, MMA and I've done multiple cycles along the way. I've tried every latest and greatest supplement too, so at this point in my life I want to be at a good test level, I can't gauge my past experiences because I was on high doses, young, and I had a different perspective/purpose in life. Now that I'm much older, I noticed more depression, harder to sleep, way less erections, no sex drive, less semen, less enthusiasm, tiredness and lost the zest for life. Although I still work out like a beast, and still retain a good physique (but that may be mostly muscle memory), I still feel like crap. So Is TRT worth it? the only reason I'm hesitant is that once you start, it's forever and I hate pinning but if enough positive comments come in I may do it, but I need convincing. Thanks in advance.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here's my .02 brother. I started TRT nearly 5 years ago. My journey began after feeling run down, erection issues and lots of stress from a divorce. I happened to see a commercial for androgel and thought I would ask my Doc to test me during my physical. My levels were mid 200's so he put me on androgel. My background is military and law enforcement. Ive played sports all my life and have always been in good shape and worked out. I've never done a cycle so my knowledge of anabolics was low. I took the gel and thought all would be great until about a month and a half after taking it. I didn't know it at the time but it was elevated E2. Went to an idiot of a urologist who took me off androgel for a month to ensure I was low. Makes sense right?? He confirmed I was low and agreed with self injecting 100 mgs of test cyp. Test went up to the 800's but my E2 was high. I asked for an AI and he said I needed to drop my t levels and go with pinning every two weeks. I haven't seen him since. I began going to an integrative medicine dr who is up on hormone replacement. I've been with them for nearly 4 years and feel great. The only thing I wish I had done was try something like clomid for a restart instead of jumping straining to TRT. Get a complete hormone panel ran and CBC to see where you stand. I would research the dr you go to before hand to ensure you will get the treatment you need. To sum it up, do everything you can to avoid TRT. If you end up needing it then embrace it because as long as you find your protocol you won't look back.

wrugg08

Awards
I've been on TRT for about 6 years now. Get a hormone panel done first to see where you are at. If you can try Hcg first before considering testosterone. Then after 3 months or so get bloodwork again and assess how you feel and whole nine yards. Hcg is pretty cheap nowadays and should help with mood, seen, sex drive, erections etc. At least it does those things for me. I also use anastrozole and that brought back my morning wood which I lost due to going on TRT. It's a long hard journey to dial in whats going to actually help you. Everyone is different. Start simple, like i said try Hcg or even Clomid before jumping down the rabbit hole.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
People post what can be perceived as negative experiences because TRT isn't a one size fits all thing, and it takes time to dial in. Myself, I started at my GP...asked for T levels after most of my calories seemed to be just going to fat even though I was lifting consistently and heavy. Came in the 200's. Tried a urologist and an endo. The one doc I did get a hold of didn't both treating hormone deficiencies, and the other had a 6 week wait. Said forget that and called up a TRT clinic. Wife wanted to get pregnant so I started with clomid, added anastrazole after no change and upping the dose. I had actually noticed better erection quality and could last longer, but we were only able to get it to go from 280 to 350, with no other positives at a 50mg eod dose at the highest. Only one out of five blood tests came higher than the 280's after being on it from February until now. Just had my first T injection on Monday and will be going back every monday. Going to have to work out doing some self injections since I can end up traveling for work and vacations, etc. I'm hopeful that this will work better than the last few months BUT I also understand we are just starting down a new path so there may be some adjustments.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
Keep me updated, I'd like to hear how it goes for you. Thanks!

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
I might get on TRT as well. Glad to see these types of threads, which are helpful in my decision.

for mine, it's $100 for a full panel bloodwork, then if I need it, it's $299 a month for TRT, where they drop ship me test p (i think thats what it is) and hcg monthly. I would do weekly injections. it would be nice to get rid of all of these problems I'm experiencing that I hear TRT can resolve.

in fact, i think they are switching to a new test p/c injection where it is 90/10 respectively. anyway, thanks for the info guys

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
$299 a month?? You're getting robbed man! You can buy test and hcg way cheaper than that with a prescription and no insurance directly from a pharmacy

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
$299 a month?? You're getting robbed man! You can buy test and hcg way cheaper than that with a prescription and no insurance directly from a pharmacy
really? damn. I knew it sounded expensive. so for 4 vials of test and hcg, that is a bad deal?

Sphinx12

Awards
really? damn. I knew it sounded expensive. so for 4 vials of test and hcg, that is a bad deal?
$299 is very expensive, I am not on TRT, but I can get Test e 300mg/ml 10ml vial for $50, HCG costs even less. And the 10ml vial for TRT would last 20 weeks at 150mg per week.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Some places want you in for the injections, like mine. So I'm at 200 a month. Eventually I'll probably switch to Defy

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
hey, by what time will i start to benefit from TRT? im guessing i wont feel great after one pin right? it will take a couple weeks?

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
They are a telemedicine trt clinic. I'm only on second pin. Different benefits come at different time periods. Google try benefit timelines and you should find a list of what's typical.

wrugg08

Awards
$299 is very expensive, I am not on TRT, but I can get Test e 300mg/ml 10ml vial for $50, HCG costs even less. And the 10ml vial for TRT would last 20 weeks at 150mg per week.
I pay $300 for bloods and $400 dr visit just to get a script for 10ml cypionate and HCG. Can you tell me how I can avoid these costs and get those deals?

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I pay $300 for bloods and $400 dr visit just to get a script for 10ml cypionate and HCG. Can you tell me how I can avoid these costs and get those deals?
You would need to find a general practitioner willing to write the script. Then fill at a regular pharmacy.

I didn't want to waste the time trying to find a doc, so I went with Defy. Prices are a little higher, but they do offer support lumped into that price. Defy's initial consultation and bloods were cheaper than that too. But again, not $75 like a regular doc appt.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
They are a telemedicine trt clinic. I'm only on second pin. Different benefits come at different time periods. Google try benefit timelines and you should find a list of what's typical.
Who are you with right now? I'm shopping around.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
I'm actually looking into low t nation. ever heard of them?

wrugg08

Awards
How much is Test through Defy, anyone know? It's not on there website

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Here is a website that lists costs. It's $129 per 10 ml vial per when I called them last week

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Cost_Testosterone_TRT_Defy_Medical.aspx
Yep. I paid them $129. You can also have them write a script for $25 and fill anywhere. I think it runs $50-60 at Walgreens/CVS in most areas. I'm just lazy and also somewhat willing to overlook the upcharge in return for their expertise.

I was very impressed by the thorough review during the initial consultation. Dr Calkins offered some great insights. So I'm willing to pay for that. At least until we're dialed in. Then I might look for cheaper alternatives since I won't need anything beyond basic monitoring.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep. I paid them $129. You can also have them write a script for $25 and fill anywhere. I think it runs $50-60 at Walgreens/CVS in most areas. I'm just lazy and also somewhat willing to overlook the upcharge in return for their expertise.

I was very impressed by the thorough review during the initial consultation. Dr Calkins offered some great insights. So I'm willing to pay for that. At least until we're dialed in. Then I might look for cheaper alternatives since I won't need anything beyond basic monitoring.
I was thinking of using Defy until I found my United Health Care insurance would not cover bloodwork nor medications since it's across state lines.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes it's better to pay cash so you aren't limited to what they allow. The test is cheap enough without insurance, and your labs are done locally.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been on trt three years now. The pinning you have to get used too, I used to stare into the mirror and wait 10 minutes untill I finally got the courage up after sweating a lot. Now its easy. Though bloodwork over the years Ive found out a lot how my body metabolizes test, or at least at the time when the blood work happened.

I feel better mentally, more steady levels, joints feel better. Its wonderful

RockyP

Awards
I had never done any kind of T but at 49 and with young kids I was so drained constantly I was struggling to stay awake.
Ran some blood work turned out my test was 196. My endo put me on TRT.
I am on a small dose, 0.5cl per week. Then I went to see a urologist who said i should be on HCG to maintain sperm and size. I do it very rarely small dosages once a week 3 days after the T.
I always worked out etc, but I simply could not do anything a couple of years ago. Now I got my life back. Not sure in the long term but i know I wanna be around for my kids and while I am around I wanna be able to function.

Dxt25

Awards
Guys I posted a thread up on the trt forum and anabolic steroids forum. We want to become a trt sponser on here but need some feedback first. The prices you guys are paying is a rip off if we get enough people to say yes we can get special promotions for board members and the price is amazing!