DHEA levels TRT

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
welp, got a new urologist. He's an idiot. Sigh...but I spit mad knowledge about TRT at him that when I was done he was like "ok what script do you want". So I told him I wanted 200mg test weekly and a bunch of arimidex and he complied. I also asked him to test my DHEA-S and pregnenolone. Just got the DHEA test back and I'm curious what to do. The range is 152-702 and mine is 192. Is that too low? Should I start to add some DHEA to my TRT regiment? If so, what is a good dose? Thanks again fellas

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prothera 25 mg every day has my levels rising:
IMG_3902.jpg

(Graph from my app called MyBloodTracker)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is low and the two things that will lower it more are age and TRT. Raising it can make a world of difference in mood and energy.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is low and the two things that will lower it more are age and TRT. Raising it can make a world of difference in mood and energy.
I already went out last night and bought a bottle of DHEA. I took my first dose this morning. 50 mg. I will now take 50 mg every morning from now on and see how I feel

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may want to start lower as the conversion isn't known and for some people can aromatize more than others. Then you are dealing with e2 issues.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may want to start lower as the conversion isn't known and for some people can aromatize more than others. Then you are dealing with e2 issues.
I take daily arimidex so I assume I should be ok. But if symptoms arise I can adjust my dose

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, I took some DHEA (100 mg/day) a while back, and my levels went from 229 to 737.

I wasn't taking anything else at the time, though, and it might have suppressed my testosterone levels a bit (although I don't think that's applicable in your situation).

^I honestly didn't really notice anything from it, tho...

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
welp, got a new urologist. He's an idiot. Sigh...but I spit mad knowledge about TRT at him that when I was done he was like "ok what script do you want". So I told him I wanted 200mg test weekly and a bunch of arimidex and he complied. I also asked him to test my DHEA-S and pregnenolone. Just got the DHEA test back and I'm curious what to do. The range is 152-702 and mine is 192. Is that too low? Should I start to add some DHEA to my TRT regiment? If so, what is a good dose? Thanks again fellas
I'll chime in again. Damn our bloods were close. I was at 170 something iirc. 100mg dhea w 50 zinc (for e2) worked like a charm for me. Very rarely ever get estro sides, even blasting @500.
After 90 days I was right at 600 (612 I think) which doc said was fine as long as I didn't have any sides- sensitive nips, anxiety? I guess some men get it but I actually handled stress better and felt the longer days were easy and memory was Way better! This was after 7-8 yrs of trt and never having them checked so my dhea was dog shyte (low, 100's). So after 90 days of 100ed and all was well in added in resveratrol and it e and b6. All good