Injections once a week results

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I started doing 100mg test once a week instead of 50mg twice a week for well over a month, and was surprised at the blood results! I switched because my low estradiol was giving me joint pain, and once per week injections seems to raise it a bit. So I inject once every Monday, and had my blood drawn Friday morning.

Testosterone 868 ng/dL !!!
Free testosterone 10.1 pg/mL
Estradiol 25.3 pg/mL

I'm shocked at how high my testosterone is 5 days after injection, that means I'm well over 1000 ng/dL the day after. My joints aren't sore anymore, so my estradiol is on point. I can never get my free testosterone up though for some reason, which doesn't make much sense to me. Anyway, I'm going to stick with once per week injections.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
I'm procrastinating doing TRT because I hate doing injections, not scared of the needle or anything, I just hate doing it but this once a week result inspired me. Congrats!

R

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
I'm procrastinating doing TRT because I hate doing injections, not scared of the needle or anything, I just hate doing it but this once a week result inspired me. Congrats!
Doing a blood draw is 100% way worse than taking a T shot. First one for me was Monday and I really barely noticed it.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yeah unless you're injecting with a 16g harpoon, it's barely noticeable

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Have you had SHBG tested? Free testosterone is often low because of high SHBG.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and pay for the test out of pocket
Might be worth the money. Your FT and E2 levels are indicative of a high SHBG level. Since you have low FT there is very little to convert to E2. Low insulin levels lead to high SHBG and are usually seen in type 1 diabetics and keto dieters.

For comparison being lower SHBG my 200mg dose leaves me with TT 850s ng/dL, FT 25pg/mL and E2 in the low 40's.

R

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Might be worth the money. Your FT and E2 levels are indicative of a high SHBG level. Since you have low FT there is very little to convert to E2. Low insulin levels lead to high SHBG and are usually seen in type 1 diabetics and keto dieters.

For comparison being lower SHBG my 200mg dose leaves me with TT 850s ng/dL, FT 25pg/mL and E2 in the low 40's.
Does this actually mean that a keto diet can make TRT less effective? I have been hearing quite the opposite lately. Unless I am misunderstanding something and maybe TRT plus keto pushes TT higher at the expense of Free T.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't say less effective. As long as you're not having low T symptoms and everything is working as it should I wouldn't worry. IMHO having low SHBG like myself is more troublesome. I get wide fluctuations in my blood levels from week to week and still have a hard time cutting fat. I also get serum sickness from the rapid increase in FT levels causing "Test Flu" at fairly low dosing.

Last edited:
trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Some people use it subq! Definitely no reason to not be on TRT now! Lol, love keto diet in conjunction with TRT

Dr b

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What range was the e2. Was
it lab corp or quest? Posting results with ranges and assays is invalid information.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What range was the e2. Was
it lab corp or quest? Posting results with ranges and assays is invalid information.
Labcorp, whatever their range is. Don't have the paper on hand at the moment.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Still need references range as many do wrong test.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Being in ketosis is great for the body. The brain actually prefers ketogenic bodies to glucose for nurtient/energy etc.

Not only that, ketosis is in general very healthy diet. Cutting down on carbs is important for long term health. TRT is about a healthier individual. Sure, the benefits are fantastic but at the end of the day we do this to increase quality of life in terms of overall health

Dr. B

H

hanslifts

Awards
Being in ketosis is great for the body. The brain actually prefers ketogenic bodies to glucose for nurtient/energy etc.

Not only that, ketosis is in general very healthy diet. Cutting down on carbs is important for long term health. TRT is about a healthier individual. Sure, the benefits are fantastic but at the end of the day we do this to increase quality of life in terms of overall health

Dr. B
That makes a lot of sense! Im dealing with some eczema on my hands and have been reading that Paleo or even Keto can help with that, minus the dairy. Thoughts?

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Yes! I prefer Keto, however paleo is a great substitution. It has been proven that dietary intake is one of the most common "triggers" for eczema or any type of atopic dermatitis. Could very well help remission.

You should give this a try and see if it helps in your situation.

Dr. B

H

hanslifts

Awards
Yes! I prefer Keto, however paleo is a great substitution. It has been proven that dietary intake is one of the most common "triggers" for eczema or any type of atopic dermatitis. Could very well help remission.

You should give this a try and see if it helps in your situation.

Dr. B
Thanks so much Dr. B!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes they would be a good start unless you have. Histamine or glutamate issue. This is normally seen in people with chronic illness

H

hanslifts

Awards
Yes they would be a good start unless you have. Histamine or glutamate issue. This is normally seen in people with chronic illness
Histamine and glutamate issues are normally seen in people with chronic illness?

H

hanslifts

Awards
You are very welcome sir!

Dr B
Currently on my third day of prednisone for a very intense flareup. Hopping to transition to keto the next day after I finish my last dose. This eczema, on top of some back pain, has kept me from the gym the past two months.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
So I should be getting my TRT stuff this week. It doesn't hurt to do the injections? I hear (in this thread and outside of the thread) that it's barely noticeable.

also, are hcg injections intramuscular too?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I should be getting my TRT stuff this week. It doesn't hurt to do the injections? I hear (in this thread and outside of the thread) that it's barely noticeable.

Congrats. Not really, it's after you withdraw so leave the needle in for a 15-25 second count. Are you doing IM or Sub Q?
HCG uses insulin needles and are Sub Q, not IM.

What needles are you getting for the Test?

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Congrats. Not really, it's after you withdraw so leave the needle in for a 15-25 second count. Are you doing IM or Sub Q?
HCG uses insulin needles and are Sub Q, not IM.

What needles are you getting for the Test?
actually I'm not sure, i still have to go through the training course. a rep will come by and show me how to do everything. i am guessing it will be 23 gauge needles. But not sure yet, will post back with more info once i get it!

and it will be IM. (as far as I know)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started doing 100mg test once a week instead of 50mg twice a week for well over a month, and was surprised at the blood results! I switched because my low estradiol was giving me joint pain, and once per week injections seems to raise it a bit. So I inject once every Monday, and had my blood drawn Friday morning.

Testosterone 868 ng/dL !!!
Free testosterone 10.1 pg/mL
Estradiol 25.3 pg/mL

I'm shocked at how high my testosterone is 5 days after injection, that means I'm well over 1000 ng/dL the day after. My joints aren't sore anymore, so my estradiol is on point. I can never get my free testosterone up though for some reason, which doesn't make much sense to me. Anyway, I'm going to stick with once per week injections.
Glad youve found this works better for you. Yes the extra conversation raised your test and estrogen levels ; therefore, estrogen is lubing the joints more. Everyones different I seem to metabolize test slow. On day six and seven on 100 and 150 mgs , im down to 275, and 240. Good news for you, that you dont have to get more complicated that this works smoothly for you.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
I suffer form seborrheic dermatitis which is in the same family as eczema. Dietary restrictions definitely help prevent flare ups.

Dr. b

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
HCG injections are subq. You can inject T subq as well, however I recommend IM

Dr. b

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Depends on what gauge needle you use and what location you pin as well. Can't answer for the HCG. I don't use it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing Sub Q for a decade never having an issue. I was one of the first to start using them along with Pmgamer

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
I recommend because its the most evidence based approach. More research is being done on this subject as we speak and it is very promising. We are actually I the process of transitioning our clinic to subq injections. However, at this point I have to recommend IM due to the evidence surrounding the approach.

Dr. B