Lab Results - High Estradiol

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So got some bloods done because I've been feeling off since my 1-andro/epi-andro cycle during the first quarter. Did a solid pct and felt good....until I didn't.

Symptoms:
1. Back-ne and lots of it.
2. Moodiness
3. Loss of muscle
4. Fatigue
5. Fat gain on maintenance macros

So I went and got my numbers.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

As you can see I have high Estradiol which is an estrogen but my other numbers seem ok-ish. Obviously I'd want Estradiol to a lower level, and maybe that'd take my test up a notch. I have a follow up with my doc on Wednesday. You think they'll put me on anastrozole?

Comments and feedback is appreciated

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
depends.... are you planning to tell him about your previous cycle ?

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes I already did. Laid everything out there.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Estradiol isn't that bad at all. However your Free Testosterone is actually a bit low. The reference range used is not correct. I know Quest Diagnostics uses this range for men diagnosed with Low T as do other labs. The full range goes up to 280 so rather than being at the midpoint you are a bit on the low side. This is likely from your SHBG probably being on the high side, which binds this up. Your cycle would have done that. I would run a little Adex (.25 mg E3d) to knock it down and it will raise your T a bit.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
So got some bloods done because I've been feeling off since my 1-andro/epi-andro cycle during the first quarter. Did a solid pct and felt good....until I didn't.

Symptoms:
1. Back-ne and lots of it.
2. Moodiness
3. Loss of muscle
4. Fatigue
5. Fat gain on maintenance macros

So I went and got my numbers.

View attachment 150996
View attachment 150997

As you can see I have high Estradiol which is an estrogen but my other numbers seem ok-ish. Obviously I'd want Estradiol to a lower level, and maybe that'd take my test up a notch. I have a follow up with my doc on Wednesday. You think they'll put me on anastrozole?

Comments and feedback is appreciated
I'm not sure if your doc is gonna prescribe A-dex here, as it's kind of a temporary condition. hopefully he/she will give you an AI to bring the E2 down, which will also bring your testosterone up, too.

if you doc does not give you a Rx, then I'd source some Aromasin on your own (either pharma or research chems) and use that to bring your E2 down. the nice thing about Aromasin is that it shouldn't cause any rebound issues that the other AI's could possibly cause....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html

EDIT: also, what was your PCT for your cycle?

Walrusieo

Walrusieo

Awards
Your test seems awesome mine was at 362 n im 29 doc said my test was normal .

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Everyone reacts differently to estradiol. Research suggests that we treat if symptomatic and abnormal. Some people could be 60 pg/ml and non symptomatic. Much worse to crash

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If needed nolvadex. Letro arimistane both overkill

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Letro and arimistane will completely eliminate all estrogen. Not good. Remember, nolva is a serm... It lowers the bad estro and increases the good. If you don't believe me research! When I get moody on cycle I take nolva and it evens ot out. I've ran test with dbol and very wet compounds
Only ever needed nolva

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Letro and arimistane will completely eliminate all estrogen.
AI's have the potential to completely lower all E2, but that rarely happens, also. depends what your dosage is. they reduce aromatization of testosterone into estrogen.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html

[/QUOTE]Remember, nolva is a serm... It lowers the bad estro and increases the good.Only ever needed nolva[/QUOTE]

no, it doesn't.

Nolva temporarily blocks estrogen from binding to the receptor.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

please don't give advice on this stuff if you have no idea what these compounds do.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Ok you're correct. He just needs to lower some estro. Nolvadex will do the trick. Used it for 7 years. Never needed anything else even with dbol, adrol, sdrol u name it

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
While primarily viewed as an anti-estrogen, Nolvadex also has the ability to act as estrogen, specifically in the liver. This presents a benefit as estrogenic activity in the liver has been linked to healthier cholesterol levels. For the steroid user, this can be extremely beneficial as many anabolic*steroids*tend to have an adverse effect on cholesterol.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
The kid ran a little ph cycle and is feeling low. Should he jump on an AI? In my opinion no. Nolvadex will start his LSH and FSH, increase his test, and put him in a better mood. You need estrogen. Period.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Yes it does increase the good estrogen in your liver, resulting in lower cholesterol levels. I've had a mentor coach me through the darkside for the past 7 years... He's taken the wettest compounds for the longest time you're allowed. He's got 25 years experience... Idk about you but I trust actual living visual proof then some words on the net. He's never uses an AI and when I asked him for one he said fuk that all you need is nolva. 90% of info on the net is bs. Lmao he's all "wtf is a pct?" He's alive and healthy today at almost 47 with a 4 year old boy, and two others he's had on the sauce one which has been my best bud

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
While primarily viewed as an anti-estrogen, Nolvadex also has the ability to act as estrogen, specifically in the liver. This presents a benefit as estrogenic activity in the liver has been linked to healthier cholesterol levels. For the steroid user, this can be extremely beneficial as many anabolic*steroids*tend to have an adverse effect on cholesterol.
Nolva is the SERM that is prolly the hardest on the liver. high E2 levels are also hard on the liver, as that has a significant role in estrogen metabolism.

if you have high E2, you need to lower it to healthy levels, not just block it's action. pretty simple stuff.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Nolva is the SERM that is prolly the hardest on the liver. high E2 levels are also hard on the liver, as that has a significant role in estrogen metabolism.

if you have high E2, you need to lower it to healthy levels, not just block it's action. pretty simple stuff.
Not disagreeing, but I've been on nolvadex for the past year, no ****. Went to the VA a couple weeks ago, had bloods drawn piss test the whole kit and caboodle. Liver values were fine. All blood work fine. I've been cruising and blasting for 3 years straight. I might know what I'm talkin about lol. One important fact of why I'm so healthy, is because I'm extremely healthy and take care of my body.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for neg repping me. Like it matters. I will always give my advice. I will never stop. Because I know the facts... Why? Hands on experience. Not sitting in front of a computer but learning from real guys who have seen and done it all. Including me!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

I'm here to help spread my knowledge of what I've learned through trial and tribulation. From all my Mess ups. Like the great Henry Rollins says, "half of your life is fukking up. The other half is dealing with it."

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for neg repping me. Like it matters. I will always give my advice. I will never stop. Because I know the facts... Why? Hands on experience. Not sitting in front of a computer but learning from real guys who have seen and done it all. Including me!
you clearly don't know the facts.... you're simply talking about anecdotes that have an extremely small sample size.

I'd suggest that you take the time to read through some of the links I provided.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
you clearly don't know the facts.... you're simply talking about anecdotes that have an extremely small sample size.

I'd suggest that you take the time to read through some of the links I provided.
You're correct. Nolvadex is hard on the liver. He could use Arimidex to lower the estrogen... It lowers it by 50% compared to letro which is 99%.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I understand. He took basically a dhea cycle, he doesn't need all these AI. He just feels a bit off. You say anything AI can increase natural test... So can nolva. I would say try nolva first...

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I understand. He took basically a dhea cycle, he doesn't need all these AI. He just feels a bit off. You say anything AI can increase natural test... So can nolva. I would say try nolva first...
did you read any part of the OP's post at all?

he complained about being symptomatic of high E2.

he got bloodwork verifying that he has high E2.

nolvadex raises E2, and you think that it's a better option than an AI that actually lowers E2?

PLEASE. STOP. POSTING.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
did you read any part of the OP's post at all?

he complained about being symptomatic of high E2.

he got bloodwork verifying that he has high E2.

nolvadex raises E2, and you think that it's a better option than an AI that actually lowers E2?

PLEASE. STOP. POSTING.
Than message him and tell him to get an AI! Just by reading our argument he should be able to connect the dots. It probably helped him understand. That's how you learn... Debating. Or you know, a simple google search.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please guys stop the penis length contest. It's an interesting topic and I'm interested in the discussion, I have no clue how to lower estradiol without lowering total e2.
Lets refute opinions -not dissing members.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please guys stop the penis length contest. It's an interesting topic and I'm interested in the discussion, I have no clue how to lower estradiol without lowering total e2.
hairygrandpa what you talking about estradiol is e2. still love you tho man

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
But think about it... I've learned the most by debating... If OP reads all this, he will understand. My dick is no bigger than his lol. Much respect. No hate. I love learning

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets refute opinions -not dissing members.[/QUOTE hairygrandpa what you talking about estradiol is e2. still love you tho man
My bad, you know what i mean, damnit

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Will getting angry or having a **** contest matter in the end? No. We will all be old and gray. Besides, most of these Qs can be answered with 30min of research

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
estradiol is E2.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant: I have no clue how to lower e2 without lowering total estrogen (what apparently is in range). Give an old fugger a break.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I meant: I have no clue how to lower e2 without lowering total estrogen (what apparently is in range). Give an old fugger a break.
Hey you don't give me breaks if you know what I mean ;)

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
This took me 30 seconds to find.

CONCLUSION:* Some commentators insist that men on HRT, as they age, become more "estrogen dominant" and will likely require a low dose aromatase inhibitor.*This is risky, because a) there are issues in my opinion with the accuracy and consistency of the current estradiol tests for men and b) if a man accidently goes too low (from test inaccuracies or lack of monitoring), he could end up with osteopenia or osteoporosis several years down the road.* We have a couple of men on*Peak Testosterone Forum*with osteopenia, and I have no doubt that we have had quite a few more who are completely unaware of it. That one of the issues with bone loss:* you don't usually "feel" anything until the damage has already been done.

Again, estradiol levels are often high in men on TRT primarily due to the fact that one third of Americans are overweight and another one third obese.* Men can usually drop their estradiol to a reasonable, youthful levels by doing the following:

a) Decreasing the dosage of their testosterone

b) Increasing the frequency of injections by going to subQ cypionate or enanthate injections (assuming is on one of the medium half life esters.) Disregard if you are on a daily topical.* [If you are on pellets, there is not much you can do obviously until your next procedure.]

c) Dropping one's body fat percentage to about 15%, ideally 10-12%.* (Your partner will appreciate that as well!)

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
lowering E2 into the normal range wouldn't pull his total estrogen levels out of the healthy range.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This took me 30 seconds to find.

CONCLUSION:* Some commentators insist that men on HRT, as they age, become more "estrogen dominant" and will likely require a low dose aromatase inhibitor.*This is risky, because a) there are issues in my opinion with the accuracy and consistency of the current estradiol tests for men and b) if a man accidently goes too low (from test inaccuracies or lack of monitoring), he could end up with osteopenia or osteoporosis several years down the road.* We have a couple of men on*Peak Testosterone Forum*with osteopenia, and I have no doubt that we have had quite a few more who are completely unaware of it. That one of the issues with bone loss:* you don't usually "feel" anything until the damage has already been done.

Again, estradiol levels are often high in men on TRT primarily due to the fact that one third of Americans are overweight and another one third obese.* Men can usually drop their estradiol to a reasonable, youthful levels by doing the following:

a) Decreasing the dosage of their testosterone

b) Increasing the frequency of injections by going to subQ cypionate or enanthate injections (assuming is on one of the medium half life esters.) Disregard if you are on a daily topical.* [If you are on pellets, there is not much you can do obviously until your next procedure.]

c) Dropping one's body fat percentage to about 15%, ideally 10-12%.* (Your partner will appreciate that as well!)
That does not explain how to fix: Low Estrone levels / high Estradiol levels without lowering total estrogen. An AI could lower Estrone even more.

By the way, WHAT THE FUGG IS ESTRONE ANYWAY? LOL Have to google a bit.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
That does not explain how to fix: Low Estrone levels / high Estradiol levels without lowering total estrogen. An AI could lower Estrone even more.

By the way, WHAT THE FUGG IS ESTRONE ANYWAY? LOL Have to google a bit.
Just don't eliminate it with something like letro... Bone loss for sure

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
You meant BONER loss for sure.
Lmao. That's why I've always been able to communicate with older (no offense sir) people. Wisdom. Most younger guys just want to shove their dong in your face.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
take an AI.

lower E2 into range.

total estrogen will dip, but should still remain in range.
What will happen if Estrone dips further? It's low, remember? I'm reading a bit about low estrone and what it does....

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If you read the post, cycloman point in cased it.