Male Estrogen Dominance

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Wondering what symptoms people had/have with estrogen dominance what they used to regulate their E levels and how well it worked.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloodwork to support your theory? Estradiol level?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Bloodwork to support your theory? Estradiol level?
Pretty much. Or something more comprehensive like DUTCH sex hormone metabolities which give all the metabolities of estrogen along with E1, E2 and E3, which is the test i prefer. Along with the ease and comfort of doing the testing at home and sending it via post in a simple envelope.

https://dutchtest.com/

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If you are hypothyroid it can cause prolactin levels to increase making e2 symptoms worse even when levels are normal
I am also working from addressing virus to help lower e2. This has been highly documented in referenced studied

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Interesting The Matrix. My Estradiol was a little high on blood work and symptoms I have are indicative of elevated estros: Water retention, PE/erectile dysfunction. When I gain weight its on the hips and thighs, harder to lose fat and easy to gain it and sparse facial hair growth. Lower free test and high SHBG.

When you can't put on your damn rings because your hands are so swollen yet your fairly lean then I'd say that's a problem.

Using 6.25mg of Aromasin E3D to start with and adjusting as needed. But I want to hear other people's experiences.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
They are pretty close the same,

If you are having symptoms then use an AI they get better then you lose effect then you over shot your mark .

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
They are pretty close the same,

If you are having symptoms then use an AI they get better then you lose effect then you over shot your mark .

This is exactly what i thought as well besides the water retention with high E. Blood work and adjust. Specifically what is the best blood testing out atm for Estrogens in men?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I keep seeing Crisler and his forum fanboys recommending a "sensitive e2" assay; they reckon it is far more accurate than the standard e2 testing method. Apparently the standard method can have a quite large margin of error (according to them).

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I keep seeing Crisler and his forum fanboys recommending a "sensitive e2" assay; they reckon it is far more accurate than the standard e2 testing method. Apparently the standard method can have a quite large margin of error (according to them).
This test is at least 7 years old and is superior to regular Estradiol blood test. One also has to consider E1 Estrone levels. Sometimes E1 can be elevated and E2 normal causing estro dominance. You can do E1 on bloodwork also.

With DUTCH testing you get all of the estrogen metabolities but it does cost $150 USD.

Capture.PNG

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It's only $150 through a practioner.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
According to LEF.org the optimal range for E2 is 20-30 pg/mL:

A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) measured blood estradiol (a dominant estrogen) in 501 men with chronic heart failure. Compared to men in the balanced estrogen quintile, men in the lowest estradiol quintile were 317% more likely to die during a 3-year follow-up, while men in the highest estradiol quintile were 133% more likely to die.

The men in the balanced quintile—with the fewest deaths—had serum estradiol levels between 21.80 and 30.11 pg/mL. This is virtually the ideal range that Life Extension® has long recommended male members strive for.

The men in the highest quintile who suffered 133% increased death rates had serum estradiol levels of 37.40 pg/mL or above. The lowest estradiol group that suffered a 317% increased death rate had serum estradiol levels under 12.90 pg/mL.

The dramatic increase in mortality in men with unbalanced estrogen (i.e., estradiol levels either too high or too low) is nothing short of astounding. It uncovers a gaping hole in conventional cardiology practice that is easily correctable.

This study revealing the lethal dangers of estrogen imbalance was published in conventional medicine’s Bastille of knowledge—the Journal of the American Medical Association. Physicians no longer have a basis to question male Life Extension® members who take aggressive approaches to maintain their serum estradiol levels in optimal ranges.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Here's an update. I'm 28 and not on TRT and my estradiol blood work was:

13th of April 2017:

Estradiol: 33.23 pg/ml (< 40)
DHEA Sulphate: 4.0 * umol/L (4.8 - 13.9)

Then i started using Liquid Aromasin 5-6.25mg E3D since the 11th of June. According to bloods my E2 didn't even change wtf... I have Hashimoto's im on 3 grains of dessicated thyroid for life. My thyroid labs look good. My DHEA is chronically low and SHBG is a bit higher due to being on thyroid meds but also maybe due to estrogen and low DHEA. I was surprised by the low iron, im not vegan but upon further investigation a lot of my protein sources are very high in calcium (cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, protein powers and bars) this is where i get the bulk of my protein intake. So the calcium must have been binding to the iron i did consume preventing me from absorbing it. I started on 100mg of Elemental iron per day and will redo bloods in a month to see where levels are at.

What effects will an iron deficiency have on hormone levels?

14th July 2017:

IGF-1 : 249 * ug/L (96.0 - 228)
DHT: 1.5 nmol/L (0.4 - 2.5)
Estradiol: 32.68 pg/ml (< 40)

Thyroglobulin Antibodies: 513 * U/ml (< 60)
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies: 480 * U/ml (< 60)

Free T4: 16.6 pmol/L (9.0 - 25.0)
Free T3: 6.2 pmol/L (3.5 - 6.5)
TSH: < 0.01 * (0.50 - 5.00)

Testosterone: 21.8 nmol/L (6.0 - 28.0)
SHBG: 79 * nmol/L (15 - 50)
Free Testosterone: 252 pmol/L (200 - 600)
DHEA Sulphate: 4.3 * umol/L (4.8 - 13.9)

Vitamin D (25-hydroxy Vit D): 53 nmol/L
(I was taking 10,000IU of Vitamin D and 100mcg of Vitamin K2 per day)

Iron: 4.8 * umol/L (10.0 - 30.0)
Transferrin: 3.34 g/L (2.10 - 3.80)
Saturation: 6 % * (15 - 50)
Ferritin: 92 ug/L (20 - 250)

Total Cholesterol: 2.8 mmol/L (< 5.6)
HDL Chol. : 0.8 * mmol/L (> 1.0)
LDL Chol. : 1.7 mmol/L (< 2.5)
Non-HDL Chol. : 2.0 mmol/L (< 3.9)
Triglycerides: 0.6 mmol/L (< 2.0)
LDL/HDL Ratio: 2.1
Chol/HDL Ratio: 3.5

Urate (Uric Acid): 0.41 mmol/L (0.18 - 0.47)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NBA Live is a series of basketball video games published by EA Sports. The series, which has had releases annually from 1994 to 2009 and 2013 to the present, is the successor to EAs previous NBA Playoffs and NBA Showdown series NBA Live Mobile Coins . Live primarily competes with the NBA 2K series and formerly NBA ShootOut.
You posted this nonsense in 3 threads. Banned in 3,2,1 ...

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Here is something to keep in mind. If your using a liquid AI and it is more than 6-8 months old its probably not as effective, it's a good idea to order a new batch. My liquid Aromasin is basically a year old and looking at my E2 levels not changing on bloodwork despite taking an AI this may make sense.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Compounding pharmacist I know personally will only guarantee a 3 month supply at a time