More hematocrit BS!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So once again my hematocrit is on the rise. In April it was 47% with a hemoglobin of 16.7 and then may 1st it was 48% with a hemoglobin of 16.8 and now it is 50% with a hemoglobin of 17.4(although im starting to wonder if I could have been a bit dehydrated for that last test I hope). Anyways I presented my recent labs to my doctor and requested a phlebotomy to get my numbers down and they told me that at this time, phlebotomy is not necessary. I hate how they make you wait until you are out of range to donate. Such BS! so guys, help me ease my anxiety. As far as I know, my hematocrit is probably anywhere from 49-52% I assume depending on how hydrated I am and my hemoglobin is around 17. Is that so bad? Are there guys who walk around with a much higher crit? Im not about to die right? Sorry but this freaks me out.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Mate I have no idea about this buy am interested as mine is on the rise also. I wonder if giving blood may help?

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mate I have no idea about this buy am interested as mine is on the rise also. I wonder if giving blood may help?
I can't give blood until October. I can only get phlebotomy prescribed by a doctor which they are not giving me until im in a "danger zone". My question is, how high do some guys on here walk around at? Is 52% so serious or livable?

Kha0s

Awards
Bro Im not saying that this is smart nor advisable, and he could be one in a million for all I know, but a buddy of mine walks around at 54 without a care in the world and has for years not once coming off. Personally, I donate every couple of months and Ive never seen mine go above 52 but its usually around 49 and I have no issues. I also stay on, going down to trt doses every couple months for a bit but all in all I would donate when you can but don't over stress it unless you present symptoms. If things get worse, drop the cycle or drop compounds that raise it worse than others (eq, tren, etc) and stick with low to moderate dose of test. Hope that helps your anxiety a bit.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro Im not saying that this is smart nor advisable, and he could be one in a million for all I know, but a buddy of mine walks around at 54 without a care in the world and has for years not once coming off. Personally, I donate every couple of months and Ive never seen mine go above 52 but its usually around 49 and I have no issues. I also stay on, going down to trt doses every couple months for a bit but all in all I would donate when you can but don't over stress it unless you present symptoms. If things get worse, drop the cycle or drop compounds that raise it worse than others (eq, tren, etc) and stick with low to moderate dose of test. Hope that helps your anxiety a bit.
Actually I'm not on any cycle at all. I'm just on trt. 80 milligrams every three days

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Cos if u are just keep doing what u are doing and don't worry about it ?️

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You see the problem is I used to just go to the Red Cross every four or five months to donate a pint of blood and there was never a problem. I took a vacation last October to Mexico which I guess is considered a risk area and now the Red Cross will not let me donate again until October of this year. Now my hematocrit has been slowly rising and the doctors do not seem concerned only will prescribe me a phlebotomy if my number is get out of range which is retarded. I do not like sitting on the border with a hemoglobin of 17.5
At the same time I don't believe the doctor is going to sit back and let me die so I assume that having a hematocrit of 52% can't be that horrible right?

Kha0s

Awards
No its not horrible. Stay hydrated and you'll be good

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grape fruit extract especially naringenin is great

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
It's pretty easy to do a phlebotomy yourself. Use a 23g needle, pull the plunger back almost out, Aim at a 25' angle and as soon as the resivior has blood in it; pull the plnger out and drain into a pint glass. Then just wrap the puncture site tight and your g2g

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
It's pretty easy to do a phlebotomy yourself. Use a 23g needle, pull the plunger back almost out, Aim at a 25' angle and as soon as the resivior has blood in it; pull the plnger out and drain into a pint glass. Then just wrap the puncture site tight and your g2g
This dude is an animal! Big up

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Naringin can help- it kept mine stable for years. Now that I am 7 years in on TRT, my hematocrit has leveled off and actually gone down. Mine is naturally higher because I live at 6500', but I still keep an eye on it.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
This dude is an animal! Big up
Haha. I assure you it's quite safe. And if you're that worried I would do your own. The actual worst scenario, and this is hard to do, Is that when you go to pucture your vein, you get a bit forceful and you push the needle through the other side. This is fine and will close up normal. But you have to pick a different spot and start over.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_3499.jpg

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Google Dr.Crislers video on this very subject. It was in Feb. Not saying I totally buy into everything he says, but it is interesting...

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Ok so since you hematocrit is raising there may be a problem. However training in great hights can actually push hematocrit to around 70%. Wich is totally fine as natural anticoaglulanta are raised alongside.
Only Epo induced high levels are actually really shown as acute risk factors.

With the levels you have there isn't too much to worry about.
Take your fish oil and be fine. If you are too afraid take baby aspirin but keep in mind it has its own sides.

hanslifts

Awards
This! Just draw some blood bro!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha. I assure you it's quite safe. And if you're that worried I would do your own. The actual worst scenario, and this is hard to do, Is that when you go to pucture your vein, you get a bit forceful and you push the needle through the other side. This is fine and will close up normal. But you have to pick a different spot and start over.
STUPID!
A couple words come to mind:
Hepatitis
HIV
Tetnus

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You see the problem is I used to just go to the Red Cross every four or five months to donate a pint of blood and there was never a problem. I took a vacation last October to Mexico which I guess is considered a risk area and now the Red Cross will not let me donate again until October of this year. Now my hematocrit has been slowly rising and the doctors do not seem concerned only will prescribe me a phlebotomy if my number is get out of range which is retarded. I do not like sitting on the border with a hemoglobin of 17.5
At the same time I don't believe the doctor is going to sit back and let me die so I assume that having a hematocrit of 52% can't be that horrible right?
your numbers are fine. Untied Blood Services - www.bloodhero.com

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From my own experience...if hcrit is trending up, especially when its in 50s, donate and nip that sh1t in the bud asap. I felt fine, bp was mint, right up to about 55 hcrit. Then boom I felt like crap. Went to donate, got declined cos of small rash on arm, and had to wait for another 4 weeks.

Procrastination, never again.

Difference in your case OP is that if you start feeling crappy due to high hcrit, hopefully your doc would sign you a phlebot referral if needed. If your BP is up then Id think youd have a good case for getting one done, even if your hcrit/platelet values are within range.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I would guess he means sterile needles syringes pads and using proper desinfection practices...
No I was suggesting borrowing a blackened needle from a crack whore. Then to somehow throw tetnus in the mix, you should plug the whole with a rusty nail! LOL thanks for clearing that up Bunshichi

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Bro I think you can drain a pint! it may sound barbaric or scary but you can do it. because your heart needs it! If you think soo many things will go wrong; I already told you worst scenario is puncturing both sides and you just bandage and poke aqain. I've given a live blood transfer with minimum med materials. If you think you will pass out, then start it yourself and tell them when the pint is full, pull needle and compress.

nodoughnut

Awards
Ok so since you hematocrit is raising there may be a problem. However training in great hights can actually push hematocrit to around 70%. Wich is totally fine as natural anticoaglulanta are raised alongside.
Only Epo induced high levels are actually really shown as acute risk factors.

With the levels you have there isn't too much to worry about.
Take your fish oil and be fine. If you are too afraid take baby aspirin but keep in mind it has its own sides.
What are the side effects of taking one baby aspirin a day?

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
What are the side effects of taking one baby aspirin a day?
Almost nothing as far as organs, not sure bout the brain. However if you don't need an aspirin regiment it can make your blood seriously thin. This happened to my grandma. She took 1 a day just like most old farts but her circulation was fine so overtime thinned her blood where it didn't hold enough O2. But not to worry cuz you just stick that little rascal in your arm with a 25g needle and problem solved.