Best ways to address low t to doc at younger age?

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
Hello all, I've been dealing with an issue of having known low end testosterone for a few years. Levels have been around 300-350, which is clinically considered normal. The problem is that im now 26 and therefore those low levels were at my supposed peak age. I've been dealing with depression for about ten years, off and on meds trying most of whats out there. I have insomnia and when most recently on antidepressant meds gained 40lbs in less than 2 months. Since then I decided to do my own testing. I tried multiple diets over the years and most recently couldnt drop a pound. I tried doing a trt dose for a couple months and the results were: boosted well being beyond any med results ever, I was sleeping better, and I dropped 30lbs. Since then I've lost another ten. Sorry for the long post but my question is how do I best bring this up to my doc?

Bcon

Bcon

Awards
I'm 27 and got it prescribed. Since your levels are low you shouldn't have to talk a Dr into it ..say you want Trt

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
He had said initially they don't like to start until 30s. But with me feeling normal when trying it myself, should I mention that or just say I'd like to try it? Other thing is I work for the same company and standard seems to be 3-4 week between injections.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Yeah I agree with bcon, or if Dr won't prescribe get a second opinion

Bcon

Bcon

Awards
Injections are normally every week. And if you really want it I'm sure you can find a doctor willing to prescribe it

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suggest all you guys go to ExcelMale website and/or the Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion FB page and research.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all so far for being positive on the subject and being helpful. I've sent a request to join the trt fb group

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Start at the "foundational" support focus on lifestyle, sleep hygiene, chemical and environmental exposures, emotional trauma, and identification of possible pathogens or viral load
Hormone imbalance is a symptoms not often the cause
Get proper labs on thyroid, adrenal and immune systems, nutritional markers and other inflammatory markers
People are always looking for a solution in a pill or medicine as a magic bullet which often its only a temporary bandaid instead of looking for underlying pathology
I refer to this as "lazy medicine"

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
I've had full panels with nothing standing out. All results came back within the accepted ranges most of the time in the middle so not borderline. Idk what specific tests I can take to find an underlying cause, please let me know if there are certain panels or individual tests.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
In the past when I couldn't lose weight here are some examples: going from completely doing nothing and drinking 3 or more beers a night to cutting out all alcohol, no pop only water, cardio 45 minutes 4x a week, eating less and changing to salads as sides = not a single pound difference in two months and weighing myself every day

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
Went to endo a year ago for more tests all those came back within range, he just accused me of constantly overeating and being a lazy **** in general even though at that time I was going to the gym 4-5x a week doing weights and cardio. I told him that I thought my antidepressants were an issue and he said there was no chance it was a problem... I stopped them basically cold turkey while eating the same way that I was and not going to the gym as much, the weight went down...