How is this possible? E2 normal, Total Estrogen HIGH, SHBG HIGH

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone help me understand whats going on here?

DHEA-Sulfate
140.2 NORMAL (low end of the range)
Reference Range: 138.5-475.2 ug/dL

Cortisol
11.3 NORMAL (i believe this is low for 8am even though it says normal)
Cortisol AM 6.2 - 19.4 Cortisol PM 2.3 - 11.9

Testosterone, Serum
754 NORMAL
Reference Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

Free Testosterone(Direct)
8.4 LOW (low I guess because of the high SHBG)
Reference Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

Pregnenolone, MS
87 NORMAL

Dihydrotestosterone
53 NORMAL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
88.1 HIGH (very high)
Reference Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Estradiol
26.9 NORMAL
Reference Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Estrogens, Total
148 HIGH (too high, but E2 is normal)
Reference Range: 40-115 pg/mL

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you have a high SHBG problem. A lot of which is bound to estrogen causing your total E2 (bound + unbound) to be high despite normal unbound levels. I would try to do something about that SHBG first, I think stinging nettle and some of the ingredients used in natty test boosters can accomplish this.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you have a high SHBG problem. A lot of which is bound to estrogen causing your total E2 (bound + unbound) to be high despite normal unbound levels. I would try to do something about that SHBG first, I think stinging nettle and some of the ingredients used in natty test boosters can accomplish this.
That's not going to touch this condition and will not solve the issue.

When DHEAs is low and SHBG is elevated this a sign the GI or liver is inflammed further evaluation of viral and pathogen load would be suggested as well as proper 4 point cortisol saliva test and thyroid I would also suggest testing prolactin as I am finding guys with normal e2, but having estrogen dominance symptoms because of E1 is being elevated due to the shift from cyp21a2 expression shunting e2 conversion to E1.

Posting labs with out data (symptoms, lifestyle, chemical or environmental exposures etc) is not going to be very use full

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
That's not going to touch this condition and will not solve the issue.

When DHEAs is low and SHBG is elevated this a sign the GI or liver is inflammed further evaluation of viral and pathogen load would be suggested as well as proper 4 point cortisol saliva test and thyroid I would also suggest testing prolactin as I am finding guys with normal e2, but having estrogen dominance symptoms because of E1 is being elevated due to the shift from cyp21a2 expression shunting e2 conversion to E1.

Posting labs with out data (symptoms, lifestyle, chemical or environmental exposures etc) is not going to be very use full
Prolactin says normal.

Insulin
3.3 NORMAL
Reference Range: 2.6-24.9 uIU/mL

Prolactin
4.7 NORMAL
Reference Range: 4.0-15.2 ng/mL

I really can't tell any symptoms of high estrogen.. only thing I noticed is low sperm count. Libido for me is hard to know if is low or high. I also seem to hold water weight easily..but I guess thats normal. For example if I carb up on Sunday, I probably gain 10lb of water..takes me like 4-5 days to get back to normal. My stomach seems to be always bloated and face.

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
So after a month of using some of the supplements recommended to reduce SHBG I got positive results but negative in another area. Which is weird. I was able.to reduce SHBG and total estrogen and estradiol. But it also decrease my testosterone. One thing I noticed also, DHT was reduced which I read it could be the DIM.

The supplements I'm taking are
DIM ( I read it inhibits DHT, maybe stop it?)
Boron
Vitamin D3 + K2
Magnesium
Ashwagandha
Tongkat Ali 1:200
L-Dopa 98%
Stinging Nettle Root

as you saw my results before now this is after 1 month use.

Estrogens, Total
47 NORMAL
Ref Range: 40-115 pg/mL

Estradiol
19.4 NORMAL
Ref Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
61.6 NORMAL
Ref Range: 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
48.6 NORMAL
Ref Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Dihydrotestosterone
29. LOW
Reference Range: Adult Male: 30 - 85

Testosterone, Serum
468 NORMAL
Ref Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

Free Testosterone(Direct)
8.2 LOW
Ref Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What have I mentioned time and time again?
SHBG when not on TRT will go in lock step with testosterone. IF you reduce SHBG testosterone will follow :smashfreakB:

No one listens....lol

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
What have I mentioned time and time again?
SHBG when not on TRT will go in lock step with testosterone. IF you reduce SHBG testosterone will follow :smashfreakB:

No one listens....lol
So what do you suggest..to leave SHBG high..? So in order to have natural high testosterone one will have to deal with high SHBG?

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Its also strange because these are the same ingredients that Alphamax has, and its suppose to help with Testosterone.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any Meds????????? Prescribed or not?
Have you used any AAS or ProHormones?
Knowing your LH and Prolactin levels might help.
What do you weigh?

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any Meds????????? Prescribed or not?
Have you used any AAS or ProHormones?
Knowing your LH and Prolactin levels might help.
What do you weigh?
only cytomel (t3). as meds. no AAS or Prohormones.
didn't take LH but Prolactin is

Prolactin
4.7NORMAL
Reference Range: 4.0-15.2 ng/mL

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I have been hypothyroid for many years, and use desiccated thyroid now, but I have played with T3 only for a while.

DIM blocked some of my thyroid replacement dose.
Cruciferous foods absolutely interfered with my thyroid.
Alpha Lipoic Acid interfered with my Free T3 level.

Being hypothyroid, I could NOT take any of them without driving up my TSH and lowering my blood Free T3 levels.

IMO, taking T3 only and suppressing your TSH, is simulating Graves Disease. Too many people dream that T3 will
make them loose body fat, easily. It will cause you to loose Muscle tissue.

Your hormone blood tests, TT, FT, E2, SHBG, are not that useful without LH. We have no idea if your low FT is Primary or Secondary.
If it is Primary, all the supplements in the world will not help.

How are your Triglycerides and Glucose levels, ALT AND AST?

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I have been hypothyroid for many years, and use desiccated thyroid now, but I have played with T3 only for a while.

Being hypothyroid, I could NOT take any of them without driving up my TSH and lowering my blood Free T3 levels.

IMO, taking T3 only and suppressing your TSH, is simulating Graves Disease. Too many people dream that T3 will

Your hormone blood tests, TT, FT, E2, SHBG, are not that useful without LH. We have no idea if your low FT is Primary or Secondary.

T3 makes you lose muscle tissue IF you go above normal ranges = hyper.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T3 makes you lose muscle tissue IF you go above normal ranges = hyper.

Nothing makes you lose muscle, not even t3. They are just like fat cells they do not die; other than EXTREME circumstances. Muscle cells just shrink. Although, guess what happens when you add back proper stimuli; ie calories? You gain it all back very rapidly. As these cells want to return to there largest state. This is a myth that need to die!!!!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
With out detailed history, further evaluation, as well as current supplementation of every thing going into your body, people just end up chasing their tai. its likel trying to play guessing games putting the pieces of the puzzle together blind folded.

Further evaluations were suggested, anything is just conjecture with out the above..

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
With out detailed history, further evaluation, as well as current supplementation of every thing going into your body, people just end up chasing their tai. its likel trying to play guessing games putting the pieces of the puzzle together blind folded.

Further evaluations were suggested, anything is just conjecture with out the above..
No idea what you mean, but thanks anyway.

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
New blood test.. now everything normal.. and my Testosterone the highest it has been. Estradiol on the high side.. and SHBG low. lol this is crazy.. I'm taking Vitamin D3, so maybe thats helping?

Estradiol
48.7 HIGH
Reference Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

SHBG
51.2 NORMAL
Reference Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Total Testosterone, Serum
817 NORMAL
Reference Range: 264-916 ng/dL

Free Testosterone (Direct)
18.4 NORMAL
Reference Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL