How is this possible? E2 normal, Total Estrogen HIGH, SHBG HIGH

1. How is this possible? E2 normal, Total Estrogen HIGH, SHBG HIGH

Can anyone help me understand whats going on here?

DHEA-Sulfate
    140.2 NORMAL (low end of the range)
    Reference Range: 138.5-475.2 ug/dL

Cortisol
    11.3 NORMAL (i believe this is low for 8am even though it says normal)
    Cortisol AM 6.2 - 19.4 Cortisol PM 2.3 - 11.9

Testosterone, Serum
    754 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

Free Testosterone(Direct)
    8.4 LOW (low I guess because of the high SHBG)
    Reference Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

Pregnenolone, MS
    87 NORMAL

Dihydrotestosterone
    53 NORMAL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
    88.1 HIGH (very high)
    Reference Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Estradiol
    26.9 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Estrogens, Total
    148 HIGH (too high, but E2 is normal)
    Reference Range: 40-115 pg/mL

2. It sounds like you have a high SHBG problem. A lot of which is bound to estrogen causing your total E2 (bound + unbound) to be high despite normal unbound levels. I would try to do something about that SHBG first, I think stinging nettle and some of the ingredients used in natty test boosters can accomplish this.
    •   

3. LH ????

4. Quote Originally Posted by hazard12 View Post
    It sounds like you have a high SHBG problem. A lot of which is bound to estrogen causing your total E2 (bound + unbound) to be high despite normal unbound levels. I would try to do something about that SHBG first, I think stinging nettle and some of the ingredients used in natty test boosters can accomplish this.
    That's not going to touch this condition and will not solve the issue.

When DHEAs is low and SHBG is elevated this a sign the GI or liver is inflammed further evaluation of viral and pathogen load would be suggested as well as proper 4 point cortisol saliva test and thyroid I would also suggest testing prolactin as I am finding guys with normal e2, but having estrogen dominance symptoms because of E1 is being elevated due to the shift from cyp21a2 expression shunting e2 conversion to E1.

Posting labs with out data (symptoms, lifestyle, chemical or environmental exposures etc) is not going to be very use full
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    That's not going to touch this condition and will not solve the issue.

When DHEAs is low and SHBG is elevated this a sign the GI or liver is inflammed further evaluation of viral and pathogen load would be suggested as well as proper 4 point cortisol saliva test and thyroid I would also suggest testing prolactin as I am finding guys with normal e2, but having estrogen dominance symptoms because of E1 is being elevated due to the shift from cyp21a2 expression shunting e2 conversion to E1.

Posting labs with out data (symptoms, lifestyle, chemical or environmental exposures etc) is not going to be very use full
    Prolactin says normal.

Insulin
    3.3 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 2.6-24.9 uIU/mL

Prolactin
    4.7 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 4.0-15.2 ng/mL

I really can't tell any symptoms of high estrogen.. only thing I noticed is low sperm count. Libido for me is hard to know if is low or high. I also seem to hold water weight easily..but I guess thats normal. For example if I carb up on Sunday, I probably gain 10lb of water..takes me like 4-5 days to get back to normal. My stomach seems to be always bloated and face.
    •   

6. So after a month of using some of the supplements recommended to reduce SHBG I got positive results but negative in another area. Which is weird. I was able.to reduce SHBG and total estrogen and estradiol. But it also decrease my testosterone. One thing I noticed also, DHT was reduced which I read it could be the DIM.

The supplements I'm taking are
    DIM ( I read it inhibits DHT, maybe stop it?)
    Boron
    Vitamin D3 + K2
    Magnesium
    Ashwagandha
    Tongkat Ali 1:200
    L-Dopa 98%
    Stinging Nettle Root

as you saw my results before now this is after 1 month use.

Estrogens, Total
    47 NORMAL
    Ref Range: 40-115 pg/mL

Estradiol
    19.4 NORMAL
    Ref Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
    61.6 NORMAL
    Ref Range: 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
    48.6 NORMAL
    Ref Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Dihydrotestosterone
    29. LOW
    Reference Range: Adult Male: 30 - 85

Testosterone, Serum
    468 NORMAL
    Ref Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

Free Testosterone(Direct)
    8.2 LOW
    Ref Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

7. What have I mentioned time and time again?
    SHBG when not on TRT will go in lock step with testosterone. IF you reduce SHBG testosterone will follow

No one listens....lol
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    What have I mentioned time and time again?
    SHBG when not on TRT will go in lock step with testosterone. IF you reduce SHBG testosterone will follow

No one listens....lol
    So what do you suggest..to leave SHBG high..? So in order to have natural high testosterone one will have to deal with high SHBG?

9. Its also strange because these are the same ingredients that Alphamax has, and its suppose to help with Testosterone.

10. Are you taking any Meds????????? Prescribed or not?
    Have you used any AAS or ProHormones?
    Knowing your LH and Prolactin levels might help.
    What do you weigh?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TT View Post
    Are you taking any Meds????????? Prescribed or not?
    Have you used any AAS or ProHormones?
    Knowing your LH and Prolactin levels might help.
    What do you weigh?
    only cytomel (t3). as meds. no AAS or Prohormones.
    didn't take LH but Prolactin is

Prolactin
    4.7NORMAL
    Reference Range: 4.0-15.2 ng/mL

12. I have been hypothyroid for many years, and use desiccated thyroid now, but I have played with T3 only for a while.

DIM blocked some of my thyroid replacement dose.
    Cruciferous foods absolutely interfered with my thyroid.
    Alpha Lipoic Acid interfered with my Free T3 level.

Being hypothyroid, I could NOT take any of them without driving up my TSH and lowering my blood Free T3 levels.

IMO, taking T3 only and suppressing your TSH, is simulating Graves Disease. Too many people dream that T3 will
    make them loose body fat, easily. It will cause you to loose Muscle tissue.

Your hormone blood tests, TT, FT, E2, SHBG, are not that useful without LH. We have no idea if your low FT is Primary or Secondary.
    If it is Primary, all the supplements in the world will not help.

How are your Triglycerides and Glucose levels, ALT AND AST?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TT View Post
    I have been hypothyroid for many years, and use desiccated thyroid now, but I have played with T3 only for a while.

Being hypothyroid, I could NOT take any of them without driving up my TSH and lowering my blood Free T3 levels.

IMO, taking T3 only and suppressing your TSH, is simulating Graves Disease. Too many people dream that T3 will

Your hormone blood tests, TT, FT, E2, SHBG, are not that useful without LH. We have no idea if your low FT is Primary or Secondary.

T3 makes you lose muscle tissue IF you go above normal ranges = hyper.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jasonc06 View Post
    T3 makes you lose muscle tissue IF you go above normal ranges = hyper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TT View Post
    I have been hypothyroid for many years, and use desiccated thyroid now, but I have played with T3 only for a while.

Nothing makes you lose muscle, not even t3. They are just like fat cells they do not die; other than EXTREME circumstances. Muscle cells just shrink. Although, guess what happens when you add back proper stimuli; ie calories? You gain it all back very rapidly. As these cells want to return to there largest state. This is a myth that need to die!!!!!!

15. With out detailed history, further evaluation, as well as current supplementation of every thing going into your body, people just end up chasing their tai. its likel trying to play guessing games putting the pieces of the puzzle together blind folded.

Further evaluations were suggested, anything is just conjecture with out the above..

16. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    With out detailed history, further evaluation, as well as current supplementation of every thing going into your body, people just end up chasing their tai. its likel trying to play guessing games putting the pieces of the puzzle together blind folded.

Further evaluations were suggested, anything is just conjecture with out the above..
    No idea what you mean, but thanks anyway.

17. New blood test.. now everything normal.. and my Testosterone the highest it has been. Estradiol on the high side.. and SHBG low. lol this is crazy.. I'm taking Vitamin D3, so maybe thats helping?

Estradiol
    48.7 HIGH
    Reference Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

SHBG
    51.2 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Total Testosterone, Serum
    817 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 264-916 ng/dL

Free Testosterone (Direct)
    18.4 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

25-Hydroxy, Vitamin D-3
    99 NORMAL
    Reference Range: 30-100
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How the hell is this possible (read)
    By cookie1 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  2. How is this possible...
    By tnubs in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 12:25 PM
  3. michael phelps: how is this possible?
    By julius kelp in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
  4. how is this possible?
    By NerdFlexd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 04:07 AM
  5. How is this even possible?
    By bigstabile in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM