Lab difference 50mg test cyp e3.5d vs 100mg 1x week

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found it interesting and thought I'd share. I am still waiting for all labs to come back for my review, but I had my 6 month labs and ordered a CBC with it. Everything on the CBC stayed about the same other than hematocrit, which did go up .3, so no big deal and I wasn't fully hydrated so I don't even consider that an increase.

However, for 2 years I switched over to 50mg 2x weekly and on the day of injection was averaging 620, so likely meant I was peaking around 850-900. Muscle tone was good and energy, mood, libido was all at a pretty even level. It just became a little inconvenient because I was traveling for work more and starting to build up scar tissue faster.

6 months ago I switched back to 1x weekly at 100mg and immediately saw a minor increase in aggression and a noticeable difference in muscle mass. No difference in strength, I have always been in the 1200 club range and that fluctuates depending on routine. But, fat dropped, muscle mass went up and I gained a consistent 3-5lbs (normal walking around weight 205ish vs 209ish). Just had my labs and on day 6, the day before injection, labs came back at 804. Which means I am out of physiological range for the first couple days at least and would explain why I see the difference in muscle tone.

It is interesting how I am responding to the injection amount as only 100mg is getting me pretty damn high and then keeping me high. To be walking around with guestimated average 900 levels with that little test is pretty efficient.

TrenQuagmire

TrenQuagmire

Awards
Thanks probably look into a cycle like this my self , ai's ? How much ? Anything with the cycle to keep you hormonally balanced ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No AI as part of normal protocol, but I keep them around for needed occasions. Pregnenolone and DHEA are included in my TRT regimen.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the single 100mg injection sub-q or IM?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From the picture you can see the differences in injection volume and location affecting blood levels. I found it interesting. Smaller injections tend to release faster and the glutes are faster releasing than the delts I would assume from blood flow differences.

Attachments

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious what your free testosterone level is doing?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lab range 6.8 - 21.5 pg/mL

50mg e3.5 was 17.9
100mg 1x week 19.0

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What's the difference in estradiol? Anything significant?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't get it tested. Been doing this long enough to know where I'm at and I have never had any​ e2 issues.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Didn't get it tested. Been doing this long enough to know where I'm at and I have never had any​ e2 issues.
I meant what is the difference in estradiol levels, not issues/sides.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right, and I mentioned that I did not get it tested this time because I've never had an issue. I've been doing this for a long time and had a lot of labs that included estrodiol and it's always been consistent so no reason to spend the extra money for continuing labs.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Found it interesting and thought I'd share. I am still waiting for all labs to come back for my review, but I had my 6 month labs and ordered a CBC with it. Everything on the CBC stayed about the same other than hematocrit, which did go up .3, so no big deal and I wasn't fully hydrated so I don't even consider that an increase.

However, for 2 years I switched over to 50mg 2x weekly and on the day of injection was averaging 620, so likely meant I was peaking around 850-900. Muscle tone was good and energy, mood, libido was all at a pretty even level. It just became a little inconvenient because I was traveling for work more and starting to build up scar tissue faster.

6 months ago I switched back to 1x weekly at 100mg and immediately saw a minor increase in aggression and a noticeable difference in muscle mass. No difference in strength, I have always been in the 1200 club range and that fluctuates depending on routine. But, fat dropped, muscle mass went up and I gained a consistent 3-5lbs (normal walking around weight 205ish vs 209ish). Just had my labs and on day 6, the day before injection, labs came back at 804. Which means I am out of physiological range for the first couple days at least and would explain why I see the difference in muscle tone.

It is interesting how I am responding to the injection amount as only 100mg is getting me pretty damn high and then keeping me high. To be walking around with guestimated average 900 levels with that little test is pretty efficient.
Question: it may sound silly but, could it be that twice a week you waste double the testosterone inside the syringe/needle or when getting the air out or when you pull out the needle from area, these couple of drops that may be spilled?

napalm

napalm

Awards
I would not have expected that. I just went from im to sub q injections and can't wait until my first labs to see if there's any difference

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
At 100mg once per week, I'm at nearly 900ng/dL on the 5th day after injection, but my free testosterone is about 10pg/dL. I wonder what keeps my free test so low?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 100mg once per week, I'm at nearly 900ng/dL on the 5th day after injection, but my free testosterone is about 10pg/dL. I wonder what keeps my free test so low?
SHBG reduces free testosterone. Did you have this tested?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
try testing on day six or seven or even day five after the shot. I found for my body at 100 and 150 mgs weekly day six on 100 mgs shot went down to 275. on 150 mgs day six was 240.

how many days after your shot each time were you testing?

Testosterone Cyp has been shown to rise and dramatic drop off around day five at 100-150 mgs per week. Obviously if you test three days after the shot, its going to be higher than six days.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
try testing on day six or seven or even day five after the shot. I found for my body at 100 and 150 mgs weekly day six on 100 mgs shot went down to 275. on 150 mgs day six was 240.

Testosterone Cyp has been shown to rise and dramatic drop off around day five at 100-150 mgs per week. Obviously if you test three days after the shot, its going to be higher than six days.
^huh, that's pretty odd.

clinically one would expect that to be much higher... do you have bloodwork taken closer to your shots?

http://www.bloodworks.com.au/docs/Pharmacology of testosterone preparations.pdf

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/ajpendo/281/6/e1172.full.pdf

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards

Level was checked 5 days after injection, that's why I was surprised it was so high.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Goes to show how differently everyone metabolizes test.
Indeed.

Level was checked 5 days after injection, that's why I was surprised it was so high.
Testosterone in this dose range is known to drop off sharply after day five on day six . If you can next test, Im curious to where testosterone would be on day six. Yes, be thankful yours stay that high on day five. When I was doing Im prescribed 150 mgs weekly and after those day six tests , i started doing 100 mgs every five days instead of 150 every seven, and that seemed to help with the spikes and falls I experienced.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
No my endo won't test SHBG, and it's too expensive to test myself.
It's important because people with different SHBG levels benefit from different injection schedules/amounts. I just started on 100 MG once a week myself and have been studying like mad. It's always on my labs. Might be worth the expense to answer the question.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Indeed.

Testosterone in this dose range is known to drop off sharply after day five on day six . If you can next test, Im curious to where testosterone would be on day six. Yes, be thankful yours stay that high on day five. When I was doing Im prescribed 150 mgs weekly and after those day six tests , i started doing 100 mgs every five days instead of 150 every seven, and that seemed to help with the spikes and falls I experienced.

if you look at figure 14.8 on the above link, you'll see that isn't true. I think you're more of an anomaly with the rapid clearance of it...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

if you look at figure 14.8 on the above link, you'll see that isn't true. I think you're more of an anomaly with the rapid clearance of it...
There is no 14.8. Did you mean something else?

Check out the testosterone cyp and enth chart. Remember 125 mgs enth = 100 cyp

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Charts.aspx

Theres another study that shows cyp drops off quite rapidly after day five, on day six. Its just a matter of finding that study. Ive seen it. Thats why its important to take into consideration to which day your blood work is on.

have you had bloodwork ? If so , how many mgs, I assume trt right? how many days after your shot, what were your results ?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
There is no 14.8. Did you mean something else?

Check out the testosterone cyp and enth chart. Remember 125 mgs enth = 100 cyp

Testosterone Charts

Theres another study that shows cyp drops off quite rapidly after day five, on day six. Its just a matter of finding that study. Ive seen it. Thats why its important to take into consideration to which day your blood work is on.

have you had bloodwork ? If so , how many mgs, I assume trt right? how many days after your shot, what were your results ?
there is a figure 14.8. it compares cyp and enanthate. page 421.

that chart you mention is odd, to say the least.... it drops, and then comes back up?

I've seen several other charts/studies that show comparable numbers to the studies I posted. I'm not saying your bloodwork is wrong, I'm saying you appear to metabolize testosterone at an absurd rate.

^here's another one that shows similar numbers to what I posted.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there is a figure 14.8. it compares cyp and enanthate. page 421.

that chart you mention is odd, to say the least.... it drops, and then comes back up?

I've seen several other charts/studies that show comparable numbers to the studies I posted. I'm not saying your bloodwork is wrong, I'm saying you appear to metabolize testosterone at an absurd rate.

^here's another one that shows similar numbers to what I posted.
Okay I see it. 194 mg of testosterone enanthate and 200 mg of testosterone cypionate was used on these tests and they took and rounded the total of each ?

Youre making me work man haha. I searched for the studies I saw on 100 mgs test , maybe 150, I think it might have been 100 but dont quote me on it, where up to day four test was up there, then by day six it dropped rapily. 200 mgs cyp is a big difference than 100.

That's thing thing about this everyone metabolizes test at a different rate and its based on many factors obviously genetics involved. Same thing with estrogen sensitivity. Its just finding out how your body works best. Its insane how you can take two people and give them a shot of T and watch how different those bodies responds.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned drug metabolism is an individual thing. The package inserts for Test Cyp I have list a half-life range (5-8 days) based on a large population trend, basically the middle 80%. Being a hyper excreter I literally piss it away in a matter of days putting me in the outlying 10% for shorter half-lives. At 200mg weekly I tend to run a trough between 600-800ng/dL.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned drug metabolism is an individual thing. The package inserts for Test Cyp I have list a half-life range (5-8 days) based on a large population trend, basically the middle 80%. Being a hyper excreter I literally piss it away in a matter of days putting me in the outlying 10% for shorter half-lives. At 200mg weekly I tend to run a trough between 600-800ng/dL.
Have you had testing later on during the week , even a week after your last shot? If so what were your levels?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you had testing later on during the week , even a week after your last shot? If so what were your levels?
I haven't don't twice in one week but have done 2 weeks in a row and my levels drop extremely fast. I've swung from over 1500 to low 600 in about 8 days.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't don't twice in one week but have done 2 weeks in a row and my levels drop extremely fast. I've swung from over 1500 to low 600 in about 8 days.
you must have been on more than trt dose haha