Any experiences with Aveed?

sarge40

Awards
I'm currently on a regimen of 100mg Test-c a week administered in two injections a week, plus HCG and adex. This gets me to about a 800-900 trough level, and feeling pretty healthy. I'm doing this through one of the bigger clinics, and my out of pocket is noticeable. I was just at my doc who suggested that I switch to Aveed and have insurance cover it. He doesn't have a clue how much my out of pocket would be at this time though. I've found some info around the forums about Aveed, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people using it overall compared to test-c or e. I was wondering about the 10 week intervals between injections, and how the last part of that interval is with levels going down. Also, since this is the main reason it was suggested to me, I'm concerned about cost after insurance. I realize each insurance will cover it differently, but I am looking for a ballpark figure per injection since I heard that each vial runs around a grand before insurance.

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it and could chime in. I tried a search, here and on the internet but nothing directly relevant came up. Thanks!

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Is it a 10 mL vial? I looked up the dosage and it's 3 mL at a time every 10 weeks.

10 weeks / 3 mL = 3.33 weeks per mL
3.33 weeks/mL * 10 mL = 33.33 weeks

Assuming 30.4 days per month,
(30.4 days/month) / (7 days/week) = 4.35 weeks/month
33.33 weeks / (4.35 weeks/month) = 7.67 months

$1000 per vial / 7.67 months = $130.28 per month before insurance

If that's less than you're paying now and the vials are indeed 10 mL, then I'd say it's a good deal. Of course, you'd also have to factor in the cost for hCG and Arimidex. And I would get bloodwork done sometime in the last 2 weeks of the 10 week period to see if your testosterone is still at an acceptable level.

sarge40

Awards
No. It's $1000 for a 3mL vial. ��

sarge40

Awards
It's a bit steep if paying out of pocket. I'd only consider it if anecdotally the results are as good as Test C or E, AND it comes out to be cheaper after insurance. Otherwise, I'm pretty good with my current regimen, minus the cost.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a bit steep if paying out of pocket. I'd only consider it if anecdotally the results are as good as Test C or E, AND it comes out to be cheaper after insurance. Otherwise, I'm pretty good with my current regimen, minus the cost.
My TRT is covered by insurance, BUT once a year I have to get my dr to resubmit to my insurance carrier that I still need to be on TRT. If I hit it at the wrong time when I refill my script, I end up paying out of pocket. For a 10ml vial of test cyp I end up paying $75. What are you paying out of pocket?

sarge40

Awards
$200/mo, which includes a 5mL vial of tcyp, adex, HCG and syringes for the month. The new doc gave me the option of in-office Test-C injections, every two weeks. Not only do I not want to deal with going to the doctor every two weeks, but the once every two weeks protocol is just awful, and I explained to him why I thought that. He nodded, but wouldn't budge on the suggested protocol. He did offer the Aveed afterwards, but I don't know if its going to be worth it financially or results-wise. 10 week intervals is a long time to taper down, regardless of the long ester. I don't want to be back in hypogonadal range toward the end of every 10 week interval, but I don't know if that is what would happen. It really doesn't look like there are many guys on it, based on the scattered forum responses around the net, so I figure I'd check here.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
$200/mo, which includes a 5mL vial of tcyp, adex, HCG and syringes for the month. The new doc gave me the option of in-office Test-C injections, every two weeks. Not only do I not want to deal with going to the doctor every two weeks, but the once every two weeks protocol is just awful, and I explained to him why I thought that. He nodded, but wouldn't budge on the suggested protocol. He did offer the Aveed afterwards, but I don't know if its going to be worth it financially or results-wise. 10 week intervals is a long time to taper down, regardless of the long ester. I don't want to be back in hypogonadal range toward the end of every 10 week interval, but I don't know if that is what would happen. It really doesn't look like there are many guys on it, based on the scattered forum responses around the net, so I figure I'd check here.
I don't have any experience with Aveed, but you need to find another dr. He's behind the times and I'm glad you are aware of that awful protocol.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's the same thing as Nebido but in 3cc doses instead of 4cc. FDA wouldn't approve Nebido because too many people complained about post injection pain. Good stuff but a rip off at that price.

sarge40

Awards
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm leaning towards sticking with my current protocol.