Blood Test, High Estrogen.. any help?

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Let me explain first my background.
I had VERY High Total Cholesterol and LDL last year. My Free Testosterone was low also and Total Testosterone. My T3 was low too and Reverse T3 high.

After doing alot of research and going to many doctors, one said I was fine and only prescriped cholesterol pills. Another said I was fine again.

But the numbers were saying something else..

T3,Free,Serum
1.5 LOW
Reference Range: 2.0-4.4 pg/mL

Reverse T3, Serum
20.2 NORMAL (it says normal but it was almost going to high)
Reference Range: 9.2-24.1 ng/dL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
55.9 NORMAL (it says normal but was almost going to high)
Reference Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

TSH
5.820 HIGH
Reference Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL

Estradiol
30.6 NORMAL
Reference Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Testosterone, Serum
471 NORMAL (this is low if you ask me, I'm 28 years old)
Reference Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

Free Testosterone(Direct)
5.3 LOW
Reference Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

Cholesterol, Total
334 HIGH
Reference Range: 100-199 mg/dL

LDL Cholesterol Calc
238 HIGH
Reference Range: 0-99 mg/dL

As you can see I was going crazy! I found a doctor and only took T3 .. my testostrone increase and Free testosterone too. My cholesterol dropped like a rock and LDL too in just 1 month. My Free T3 increase. (Tsh and T4 surpressed as expected). Problem is.. on my new test he added Estrogens and Progesterone and those are high.. and SHBG is very high (I read T3 causes this)

New Results.

DHEA-Sulfate
177.5NORMAL
Reference Range: 138.5-475.2 ug/dL

T4,Free(Direct)
0.35LOW
Reference Range: 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
426NORMAL
Reference Range: 31-701 ng/dL

TSH
0.016LOW

TSH
0.016 LOW
Reference Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL

Progesterone
0.3 HIGH
Reference Range: 0.0-0.1 ng/mL

Estradiol
25.5 NORMAL
Reference Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Estrogens, Total
139 HIGH
Reference Range: 40-115 pg/mL

T3,Free,Serum
3.6 NORMAL
Reference Range: 2.0-4.4 pg/mL

LH
7.6 NORMAL
Reference Range: 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL

FSH
5.7 NORMAL
Reference Range: 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
31.1NORMAL (started taking Vitamin D3 to increase this)
Reference Range: 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
84.4 HIGH
Reference Range: 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Total Testosterone, Serum
716 NORMAL
Reference Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

Free Testosterone(Direct)
10.4 NORMAL
Reference Range: 9.3-26.5 pg/mL

17 OH Pregnenolone, Serum, MS
347 NORMAL

Dihydrotestosterone
53 NORMAL

Any help will be very appreciate it. Maybe I should lower the T3 to get SHBG lower? But the strange thing is Estradiol is the same as before. I read this is the bad estrogen for male? But what about Estrogens and Progesterone. Too bad my doctor didn't test Estrogens before. :(

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were you cycling AAS or SARMs? Your bloodwork indicates you may be recovering from a cycle. Age, weight, body fat? Supplements taken?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Suspect liver inflammtion from environmental toxins possible from past job or area you may live in I see it all the time in cases. High total estrogen is an invalid test for a male. I would start to look at the environment you work and live in pronto as this often tends to be the hidden culprit. We focus so much on hormones and over look the obvious and common sense answer.. Thyroid will not drive shbg up that high unless there was something on top of it. Self medicating as many do only makes matters worse as they do not know how the systems interacts. Listen if your body has high rt3 it's done for a reason to slow things down. Instead we humans only push studf faster and end up digging a deeper hole.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What type of symptoms are you having.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Was the new blood work done fasted or was t-3 taken with in 8-12 hours prior?
With ft4 to ft3 ratio I would suspect restricted calories, heavy metals or insulin resistance which can cause inflammation of liver raising SHBG

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Was the new blood work done fasted or was t-3 taken with in 8-12 hours prior?
With ft4 to ft3 ratio I would suspect restricted calories, heavy metals or insulin resistance which can cause inflammation of liver raising SHBG
Yes new bloow work was done fasted and I didn't take T3 8-12 hours prior.

I do believe I have insulin resistance, I tend to gain weight easily on my love handles. I tried NA-R-ALA and it did help on that area, as soon as I stopped and started gaining weight there again. I usually do low carb diets, (thought it was suppose to help on insulin resistance).

Before Blook work 1 I was taking ALphamax XT and used EC stack. After I saw my T3 so low.. etc.. I stopped everything and only used T3.

That's when my SHBG increased even more (it was still high before, I guess LOW calories? )

I don't know what to do anymore. If I raise calories I gain weight easily, but if I lower them..I have problems with hormones?

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
What type of symptoms are you having.
I can't even tell.. I'm going to have blood test tomorrow or Wednesday again since it has been almost 3 months since the last one. To see how is everything. I started taking DIM, and Vitamin D3. to lower the SHBG. I even upped my calories to 2300..to see if that helps.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Dim will not lower shbg. Can actually raise it in some cases. We just connected the dots on how the immune system is associated with estrogen pathways in regards to CD8 imbalances leading in th1/ th2 issues. Always have been saying immune system linked to estrogens and inflammation but did not know how till now. Inflammation drive aromatase which come from immune system and mitochondrion dysfunction. Why when immune systems is addressed aromatase activity decreases. Treating the viral and pathogenic load was reducing estradiol in males and female cases..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May I suggest using this app to track these hormone tests:

myBloodTracker
https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

-All tests stored locally on your iPhone/iPad
-Features over 200 blood tests with customizable ranges and units.
-Full male/female hormone panels
-Once you enter the test results, it instantly indicates if you are in or out of range.
-With a touch of the button it graphs all your test results to indicate if you are trending high or low.

It really is your answer to keeping bloodwork organized.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
So what were your symptoms before and after adding T3? Went through the same thing, added T3 which increased Estro which I think lead to gyno. Been off everything now for 6 weeks, was feeling good but noticed easily gaining weight no matter how much exercise or calorie deficit.