Should I expect gains from nebido at therapeutic doses?

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Hey guys, new to the world of aas although I have been training for a few years now.

To cut a long story short, after a decade of treatment resistant depression, I found I had test levels ranging between 8 and 12nmol.

I wanted to know if anyone had been put in testosterone undecanoate and had any good results!???

Thank you all for any input

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
hi ive been on nebido many years.The dose supplied is to mimic that which the body would produce ,Dont expect miracles it will not pack on muscle to the extent of a body builder as they use doses which far exceed that in nebido.It will however be an asset to your training and muscular development .Make sure you have everything in place with regard to nutrition , training and rest to enhance your development .If you are on a 12 week cycle , your t levels will be higher in the first few weeks and taper towards the end .I take advantage of that by increasing the frequency of training ie 5 instead of 4 days and increasing food in particular protein.As the level tapers off you may find your energy levels diminish This usually happens to me after the 7th week of an 11week cycle

Nebido is not ideal and youll probably get told to change to having more frequent doses to something thats more fast acting by others on this forum but in America it seems if you pay medical insurance you can get what you want i may be wrong

.However i assume you are in the UK so basically under the NHS you get whats given because its free.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Yes I am in the UK corsaking. Thanks for the reply. How are u getting on with nebido in general?

I Don't start until this Thursday so I suppose I could go for something like enanthate right off the bat? As you say I have heard similar about levels not staying consistent with less frequent injections.

My diet and training is absolutely In check so I am hopeful that being able to increase testosterone will help greatly.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
you may find initially that you will have periodic checks of your test levels maybe at the beginning a few days after injection and perhaps 6 weeks in and at the end Ideally at the end of the cycle you want your levels above half way but your endo or doc will most likely have the final say.If enanthate is available on nhs ask , i think sustanon 250 is available , injections every 4 weeks but you may find you have to inject yourself with this after being shown.Again its down to your endo .Are you going the 12 weeks before the next ? depending on the level at the end it may be shorter 10 or 11?

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
From what I gather it's every 10 weeks for the nebido. I am not on the NHS yet, I am going private so I think I have a bit more say in what I'm taking. We are trying to convince my doc that 8nmol is worthy of treatment. Guess I'm gonna have to pay top dollar until that day!

Are u on trt with the NHS corsaking?

Again, thanks for the input mate

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
yes im on trt with the NHS .i think nebido costs about £90 per shot or thereabouts.Try to get it via NHS for this reason alone.My levels were 9 and as the lab range at the local hospital was 10-30 , i got treated

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
That's amazing that they agreed to treat you. Brings me some hope. Yeah nebido 95 quid a pop. Gonna be expensive otherwise. What county are u in bro?

thebraingaz

Awards
I've been on nebido for 18 months, you have your first dose, then another 6 weeks later, then every 10 to 12 weeks, I had a blood test 2 months ago just before my next injection all came back fine, everything has levelled out, nebido will only help you gain muscle like somebody with normal test levels

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
the advantage is that you will know your test levels which should be in the mid to high levels whereas the guys training who dont have this treatment and are producing t naturally could have anything from bottom of the range to the top, so you will have some advantage albeit not doses to give you the physique of a body builder none the less it will be advantageous

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
That's amazing that they agreed to treat you. Brings me some hope. Yeah nebido 95 quid a pop. Gonna be expensive otherwise. What county are u in bro?
north yorkshire

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Funnily enough I am from north Yorkshire but have moved to backwards Lincolnshire lol

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Just my doc not entertaining trt... And it's like going back to the 80s

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Started on the nebido yesterday, a little too early to feel anything, feel like I have been kicked by a horse though.

Braingaz, is it as easy as just calling other surgeries and finding out their stance on trt?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Started on the nebido yesterday, a little too early to feel anything, feel like I have been kicked by a horse though.

Braingaz, is it as easy as just calling other surgeries and finding out their stance on trt?[/

did you lay down on your front for the jab ,its the way i have it.the muscle is more relaxed. try it. theres a lot of oil to inject so the nurse should do it slowly.

After youve had it dont go home to sit down , keep moving , go for a walk ,the "stiffness"will ease off.

im afraid this is where you say goodbye to your balls cos they shrink but as i said before there are benefits-to the treatment that is not shrunken balls

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I did lay on my front as it was administered and tried to keep my muscles relaxed. I drove straight home after so ill have a walk next time or something thanks for that.

Had a phenomenal workout today, not sure if it's placebo effect so to speak but enough energy to make it through a few extra sets and reps. Felt great.

Also a general sense of well being that I haven't experienced for some time! Wonderful

thebraingaz

Awards
The feeling will be placebo, it takes about 1 to 2 weeks, you should get the full feeling by your third jab

thebraingaz

Awards
I stand up and lean on an examination table

thebraingaz

Awards
If one doctor won't prescribe trt, there will be another doctor somewhere else that will, you have to keep trying

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I will keep trying until I find one. I'll try standing next time man. I just had a morning meeting at work and couldn't help but notice I was more alert. Really hopeful for when the stuff actually kicks in!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
have you asked your private doc/endo if he works also for the NHS?

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
A quick update, been on the nebido only 18 days but starting to see an improvement in mood. Energy up, work outs are great. Absolutely covered in tiny spots all over my body tho. Does anyone know if they will subside?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
A quick update, been on the nebido only 18 days but starting to see an improvement in mood. Energy up, work outs are great. Absolutely covered in tiny spots all over my body tho. Does anyone know if they will subside?
not suffered with anything like that , so its hard to say.i guess its the equivalent to lads getting acne when theyre going through adolescence due to a surge of test.That i did have but nothing with nebido.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Thanks again corsaking, the spots are even on my hands and fingers.. So weird. I don't wanna even go swimming cos I look like I got chickenpox or summat.

I had done my research beforehand and read that acne could be on the cards, had no idea to what extent

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
What's going on guys? Just got back from my gp I requested that I saw a different doctor this time and it took me all of 5 minutes to get nebido prescribed on the NHS. I am absolutely buzzing with this outcome

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
What's going on guys? Just got back from my gp I requested that I saw a different doctor this time and it took me all of 5 minutes to get nebido prescribed on the NHS. I am absolutely buzzing with this outcome
awesome more money to spend on supplements(joking)

Just out of interest what supps have you taken that youve been satisfied with.Bit of a minefield out there i find.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
That is true. Absolute minefield, in all honesty I just stick to the basics usually. Creatine mono and Protein. Protein is either usn, scimx or any other that is palatable.

I do use dessicated beef liver. Swanson do a decent one. Vitamin d3 is also somewhat beneficial... Last time I did a cut I used some arimistane a pal gave me and that dried me out a bit. Other than that just fish oils and a multivitamin

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
That is true. Absolute minefield, in all honesty I just stick to the basics usually. Creatine mono and Protein. Protein is either usn, scimx or any other that is palatable.

I do use dessicated beef liver. Swanson do a decent one. Vitamin d3 is also somewhat beneficial... Last time I did a cut I used some arimistane a pal gave me and that dried me out a bit. Other than that just fish oils and a multivitamin
How did you get on with the Arimistane? What doseage were you on?
I thought about using it .Only had my E levels measured once and were off scale which was a few days after injection .Even towards the end the level had just got back in range. When my doc refferred it to the endo , all he said it was a natural process of taking testosterone and said not to be measured again.

Thats a while back now so he may have moved on or things may have changed. It seems that very few receiving Nebido on NHS can get an AI.and some self medicate .

The dilema i have , is i dont want to rock the boat , I "enjoy" my Nebido and dont want to loose that. I do take "natural" AI s such as DIM , reservatrol , grape seed extract, not all at once, theres a boat load out there , check ergo-log , even Arimistane is i think a natural product produced in the body,but as yet never ventured.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Got on great with it man. I used a small amount, like 30mg a day for about 5 weeks. I enjoyed some vascularity and hardness, may have had a mild diuretic effect come to think of it.

As for bloods, I go in about 2 weeks for some tests and my nebido booster. I will try to get my private Dr to OK ai's and hcg, clomid all that with my gp just incase I need them down the line. By the looks of it now I have sought another Dr. This shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I too don't want to rock the boat. When bloods are further apart, who knows

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Just been for my second jab. A 6 week booster and from here every 10 weeks. Feeling great. Sides are quite minimal, not much In the way of gains but I do feel fuller and seem to be able to do a he'll of a lot more with my day and in the gym so it is deffo doing its job!

thebraingaz

Awards
The nebido is to bring test levels up into the normal range it's not for body building, your on this for life, this isn't a cycle, you don't come off it, you may need an ai if your oestrogen becomes high, but wait for your blood test results and then speak to your doctor, don't touch any steroids, pro hormones, ai's, sarms or serms or any peds for at least 12 months and talk to your doctor first about them, doctors are quite open minded about them, your body needs to get used to the extra testosterone in it first.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
How did you get on with the Arimistane? What doseage were you on?
I thought about using it .Only had my E levels measured once and were off scale which was a few days after injection .Even towards the end the level had just got back in range. When my doc refferred it to the endo , all he said it was a natural process of taking testosterone and said not to be measured again.

Thats a while back now so he may have moved on or things may have changed. It seems that very few receiving Nebido on NHS can get an AI.and some self medicate .

The dilema i have , is i dont want to rock the boat , I "enjoy" my Nebido and dont want to loose that. I do take "natural" AI s such as DIM , reservatrol , grape seed extract, not all at once, theres a boat load out there , check ergo-log , even Arimistane is i think a natural product produced in the body,but as yet never ventured.
When it comes to an ai I just asked for one and got it on prescription. Anastrazole 1mg. Not touched it as my bloods dictated I didn't need it. I just feel better having this stuff on hand I guess.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
The nebido is to bring test levels up into the normal range it's not for body building, your on this for life, this isn't a cycle, you don't come off it, you may need an ai if your oestrogen becomes high, but wait for your blood test results and then speak to your doctor, don't touch any steroids, pro hormones, ai's, sarms or serms or any peds for at least 12 months and talk to your doctor first about them, doctors are quite open minded about them, your body needs to get used to the extra testosterone in it first.
Hey Braingaz. Thanks for the reply. I am aware that I will be on this for life, I wanted to have clomid and an ai on hand incase I need them (I did obtain both). I travel alot so in these early days, whilst I am unsure what to expect, I feel some peace of mind having such things to hand if I was away from home for 8 weeks and started growing a tit I'd be negged.

So far so good though I am really enjoying it.

As for other compounds, I plan on getting a nice stash of stuff together for when the time comes to hit it. As of yet, just nebido as per my prescription and I will talk to my doc before I do anything.

From purely a point of interest, I am keeping print outs of my bloodwork results and will give it at least a year I would say before I get going on a cycle.

Thanks again mate I appreciate having yours and others input on this.

As a little side note, Test has gone up from 8 to 18nmol after 1 jab. Bloods were 5 weeks after injection.

thebraingaz

Awards
I had bloods done on the day of my jab, 2 minutes before it, everything came back good, test was 18nmol as well, I take an on cycle support without an ai, I'm looking at a possible andro cycle in the next couple of months

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I had bloods done on the day of my jab, 2 minutes before it, everything came back good, test was 18nmol as well, I take an on cycle support without an ai, I'm looking at a possible andro cycle in the next couple of months
That's great that you have 18nmol as well. Feels good to me. I kind of have a cycle support that I take but it's just generic supps I combine on a daily. Vitamin d3, hawthorn extract, fish oils, nac, and a few others. Not sure how effective it is but no complaints so far.

Forgot to say, I had bloods on day of injection also, I had booked a test in the interim myself just to check my e2 as I was worried it was a little too high. Of course that was the only way to find out for sure. Came back OK. so far not needed an ai either, but I do have em just in case

thebraingaz

Awards
I do a generic support as well, if you start getting emotional, like crying at puppy pictures or films you don't usually cry to, then get your oestrogen checked

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I do a generic support as well, if you start getting emotional, like crying at puppy pictures or films you don't usually cry to, then get your oestrogen checked
For real? Once I cried watching stars in their eyes bro. My wife was like `wtf is wrong with you?`

thebraingaz

Awards
I got that at the start, it dies down, your body is getting used to the extra test, if your still doing it in 12 months, then have a word with your doc

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Yeah it's gone already only lasted like 2 days. Could've written a few songs for drake to use.

All this hormone business is so interesting