Will 400mg EQ mess with TRT bloods?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. On TRT currently, was thinking about running 16 weeks of EQ at 400mg. I get blood work for TRT every 3 months. Will this effect the results of my TRT bloods? (TT, SHGB, LH, FSH, E2)

Cheers

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
RBC/hematocrit potentially more than anything else. As in, any other hormonal effects could arguably be attributed to the test, but EQ may jack your RBC.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
RBC/hematocrit potentially more than anything else. As in, any other hormonal effects could arguably be attributed to the test, but EQ may jack your RBC.
Will 400mg a week jack it up enough to have to give blood regularly?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will 400mg a week jack it up enough to have to give blood regularly?
400mg isnt a "huge" dose, most guys run 600+. But, its certainly sufficient to exert effect given you run it for long enough (14 weeks or more). Without bloods all we can do is generalise...it will most certainly increase rbc, and will tend to do so increasingly over time.

Most users end up having to donate blood at some stage on-cycle/blast to keep hematocrit under 52.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
400mg isnt a "huge" dose, most guys run 600+. But, its certainly sufficient to exert effect given you run it for long enough (14 weeks or more). Without bloods all we can do is generalise...it will most certainly increase rbc, and will tend to do so increasingly over time.

Most users end up having to donate blood to keep hematocrit under 52.
How often? Was only gonna run 400 for 12-14 weeks along with 150-200mg test E.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How often? Was only gonna run 400 for 12-14 weeks along with 150-200mg test E.
Bro, you have to understand:

I dont know what youre current rbc is

I dont know how your rbc has been trending the last few months, and how long youve been on trt

I cant accurately predict how much your rbc will increase over time

Ideally you will have recent specific numbers indicating your current rbc. I dont know when your next scheduled draw is so you can see any increase.

If you are going into this totally blind, and dont intend getting a cbc at any point in the next few months, Id consider doing a donation some point soon. How that may impact any trt draws you have scheduled...again, this is info I am obviously not privy to.

Afaik, you are only able to do one donation every 3 months? Could be 4...or 6. Sorry, cant remember the specific restrictions.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Bro, you have to understand:

I dont know what youre current rbc is

I dont know how your rbc has been trending the last few months, and how long youve been on trt

I cant accurately predict how much your rbc will increase over time

Ideally you will have recent specific numbers indicating your current rbc. I dont know when your next scheduled draw is so you can see any increase.

If you are going into this totally blind, and dont intend getting a cbc at any point in the next few months, Id consider doing a donation some point soon. How that may impact any trt draws you have scheduled...again, this is info I am obviously not privy to.

Afaik, you are only able to do one donation every 3 months? Could be 4...or 6. Sorry, cant remember the specific restrictions.
Sorry for the ignorance. But I'm reading mixed opinions on high RBC. Some say it's beneficial, some say it's detrimental. Can anyone shine some light?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depends how you define "high" and where you draw the line.

Analogy: E2 is good and healthy. But you want it in an optimal range. If its too low, pushing it up will tend to have benefits. Push it too high, and you strike health issues.

You generally dont want hematocrit going higher than 52%. Im not aware of any instances where readings above that would be considered "good" for healthy people. But of course, like E2, you want your hematocrit in a healthy range.

AAS, and EQ in particular, tends to push hematocrit high, its one of the reasons your doc will be monitoring it during trt.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Depends how you define "high" and where you draw the line.

Analogy: E2 is good and healthy. But you want it in an optimal range. If its too low, pushing it up will tend to have benefits. Push it too high, and you strike health issues.

You generally dont want hematocrit going higher than 52%. Im not aware of any instances where readings above that would be considered "good" for healthy people. But of course, like E2, you want your hematocrit in a healthy range.

AAS, and EQ in particular, tends to push hematocrit too high, its one of the reasons your doc will be monitoring it during trt.
Dang. Such a mild cycle and still feel like if I do it I'm gonna die! Haha. Thanks for the info Nac, you're a knowledgable dude

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dang. Such a mild cycle and still feel like if I do it I'm gonna die! Haha. Thanks for the info Nac, you're a knowledgable dude
Im trying to give you realistic but leaning-towards-worse-case scenarios. Cos, you need to be aware of sh1t if you choose to fly blind.

If you are prepared to be self-enlightened and do the appropriate bloods, you will be significantly reducing any risk.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Im trying to give you realistic, but leaning-towards-worse-case, scenarios. Cos, you need to be aware of sh1t if you choose to fly blind.

If you are prepared to be self-enlightened and do the appropriate bloods, you will be significantly reducing any risk.
I get my bloods done every 3-6 months. I'm pretty new to TRT. Just worried that if there's an issue it won't be caught in time.

I know there are dudes that run way harsher compounds for much longer periods at higher doses and they're all fine. But I guess I'm over cautious maybe

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get my bloods done every 3-6 months. I'm pretty new to TRT. Just worried that if there's an issue it won't be caught in time.

I know there are dudes that run way harsher compounds for much longer periods at higher doses and they're all fine. But I guess I'm over cautious maybe
I recently had a problem with high hematocrit. Here's the deal, everyone's body is different. Last summer I ran 500mg of test with 400eq and got blood work done after it and my hematocrit was totally normal. After that I went back to my trt protocol and after using hcg for 2 months the hcg jacked up my hematocrit to 55%! I got off the hcg and am back on regular test and my hematocrit is normal again. Everyone is different. Everybody's body reacts differently to medications. There's no way to tell. Your best bet is to just donate anyways just in case. Plus you're helping someone in need so just do it and get your free cookie and juice lol

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I recently had a problem with high hematocrit. Here's the deal, everyone's body is different. Last summer I ran 500mg of test with 400eq and got blood work done after it and my hematocrit was totally normal. After that I went back to my trt protocol and after using hcg for 2 months the hcg jacked up my hematocrit to 55%! I got off the hcg and am back on regular test and my hematocrit is normal again. Everyone is different. Everybody's body reacts differently to medications. There's no way to tell. Your best bet is to just donate anyways just in case. Plus you're helping someone in need so just do it and get your free cookie and juice lol
Signed up to donate. Why the HCG? I was planning to just keep my TRT dose the same while running 500mg EQ for 12 weeks. Would HCG be necessary for me? I was planning to just drop the EQ and continue the TRT

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Signed up to donate. Why the HCG? I was planning to just keep my TRT dose the same while running 500mg EQ for 12 weeks. Would HCG be necessary for me? I was planning to just drop the EQ and continue the TRT
Most guys drop HCG while on TRT. One of the most popular reasons is the inability to dial in your E2 levels. Unless you're thinking about having kids, there's no big reason to take HCG.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not entirely without risk especially for those that fail to or cannot readily access blood work. Iron depletion is a risk and can be serious if not monitored even while doing regular blood donation.The symptoms can be pretty uncomfortable and unhealthy.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Most guys drop HCG while on TRT. One of the most popular reasons is the inability to dial in your E2 levels. Unless you're thinking about having kids, there's no big reason to take HCG.
Figured when I'm ready to have kids I'll hop on HCG. But for now I'll stick with test and adex

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not entirely without risk especially for those that fail to or cannot readily access blood work. Iron depletion is a risk and can be serious if not monitored even while doing regular blood donation.The symptoms can be pretty uncomfortable and unhealthy.
This^^^^^. Be careful with "excessive donation" as it can and does crash ferritin and iron levels. It happened to me a year ago and I'm STILL at crashed ferritin levels even with iron supplementation.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think one blood donation ain't gonna kill the guy. For a while I was donating every 3-4 months and I'm fine. I had my ferretin checked and it was on the lower end, but I was donating ALOT. one blood donation ain't gonna mess him up

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think one blood donation ain't gonna kill the guy. For a while I was donating every 3-4 months and I'm fine. I had my ferretin checked and it was on the lower end, but I was donating ALOT. one blood donation ain't gonna mess him up
Not saying that but, in my case, I donated 3 times in 6 months (Red Cross allows whole blood donation every 2 months). It crashed my iron levels to anemia levels. Just be careful with donating too often.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Not saying that but, in my case, I donated 3 times in 6 months (Red Cross allows whole blood donation every 2 months). It crashed my iron levels to anemia levels. Just be careful with donating too often.
Was thinking about doing first donation today (day of cycle start) and then another one about 6-8 weeks in. Is that wise? Or should I hold off till I'm a few weeks in cycle

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Or should I donate before and after I'm finished? Or just once mid cycle. Not sure about best time

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great thread OP for those that are on EQ or are considering using it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or should I donate before and after I'm finished? Or just once mid cycle. Not sure about best time
trying to keep up with facts here because I think I see you running three different threads that contain your RBC concerns.

Do you have RBC data from recent blood work?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
trying to keep up with facts here because I think I see you running three different threads that contain your RBC concerns.

Do you have RBC data from recent blood work?
There's 2 threads you're right. These numbers were taken beginning of December. Started TRT cream in mid December and switched to injections feb 1st. Haven't taken blood or tested since. Next blood test is scheduled for May for TRT.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are great numbers. I would have zero concern running the whole cycle as-is.

Your next TRT blood work will most very likely show an increase in RBC, hemaglobin and hematocrit. May not even be over range but it will be increased. If your TRT doctor spits this increase he may mistake it as a result of the testosterone alone. This may red flag you as this is a real concern for those on legitimate TRT and can make it unmanageable and may result in loss of treatment - blood letting is not ideal and even donation sites ask you if your donating because of such.

If your concerned about long term treatment and don't want to loose it then don't run it. Pre donating will probably tank a few of those values and imho is unadvisable. Postcycle donation can cause you trouble too because you really have no idea how your RBC values are responding to testosterone alone. All androgens increase RBC values and in some people more than others. EQ has propensity to elevate it more but it is dose and duration and person dependent. FWIW EQ is overrated in many aspects. You'd find 400mg of Masteron to be very enjoyable...from what I've read.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Those are great numbers. I would have zero concern running the whole cycle as-is.

Your next TRT blood work will most very likely show an increase in RBC, hemaglobin and hematocrit. May not even be over range but it will be increased. If your TRT doctor spits this increase he may mistake it as a result of the testosterone alone. This may red flag you as this is a real concern for those on legitimate TRT and can make it unmanageable and may result in loss of treatment - blood letting is not ideal and even donation sites ask you if your donating because of such.

If your concerned about long term treatment and don't want to loose it then don't run it. Pre donating will probably tank a few of those values and imho is unadvisable. Postcycle donation can cause you trouble too because you really have no idea how your RBC values are responding to testosterone alone. All androgens increase RBC values and in some people more than others. EQ has propensity to elevate it more but it is dose and duration and person dependent. FWIW EQ is overrated in many aspects. You'd find 400mg of Masteron to be very enjoyable...from what I've read.
I'm upping it to 500. My doctor also asks me what I want to test for. My last blood draw after a month of dermal did not include blood count. I could just technically leave it out until my 6 month testing. She mainly focuses on male and female panels and lipids. I decided to go with EQ because my training is always at max heart rate and is very physically demanding, pretty much on the floor after each workout. I appreciated the endurance aspect And I wanted something fairly mild in nature considering this will be my first run of anything other than test

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yo I looked at your blood work and your hematocrit is pretty low compare to mine. Do your cycle and donate one pint of blood towards the end and you will totally be fine. With the levels you have currently a donation would be definitely unnecessary and maybe even knock your iron too low so give it a little boost with your EQ and then donate a pint at the end of the cycle

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Yo I looked at your blood work and your hematocrit is pretty low compare to mine. Do your cycle and donate one pint of blood towards the end and you will totally be fine. With the levels you have currently a donation would be definitely unnecessary and maybe even knock your iron too low so give it a little boost with your EQ and then donate a pint at the end of the cycle
I think that's the plan now. Thanks a ton fellas

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Guys, for those on EQ worried about RBC and Hematocrit. There are some natural supplements that might be a problem for you.
http://ergo-log.com/rhodiola-compound-boosts-epo-production.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/astragalus-membranaceus-boosts-epo-synthesis.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/beetrootjuice.html

I had been taking a lot of adaptogens including rhodiola for a couple of months before my precycle bloods and hematocrit came back at 50.5%...I am now in the middle of a TD bold cycle and im probably never gonna bump up above 500mg bold/week...idk if the anxiety is related but I already felt some by dosing 100mg in one day.

trn450

trn450

Awards
Increasing testosterone will have a number of negative side effects that come with the muscle-building benefits.

(a) Hematocrit will increase. How much? No idea. People are individuals. Is this bad? If you're doping for a sport and want to carry more oxygen, no. If you want to limit your risk of heart attack or stroke, yes. It's all a matter of perspective. lol
(b) Your estrogen levels will go up. Test -> (Adipose) Aromatase -> Estrogen. More test, more estrogen. Now you'll probably find yourself battling estrogen levels. Maybe your libido will get nailed, etc.
(c) Blood pressure may increase. Fluid retention is common, and depending on what your starting blood pressure is, this can be a definite negative thing.
(d) Roid rage. <-- No, I made that one up. #FakeNews lol. All the studies I reviewed in the past (granted, it's been a while) suggest that psychologically healthy men do not turn into monsters on supra physiologic levels of testosterone. More likely to be a monster if you're hypogonadal and/or have high estrogen.
(e) More, but that's enough for now.