Prostate urination on trt

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys so after my little hematocrit incident, I have decided to take a step back and really take a look at myself and the side effects of my testosterone therapy that I have been on for the past 3 years(plus my little cycles here and there lol). I'm always getting cbc's and checking my liver and kidneys and usually that checks out okay and also I frequently get lipid panels which are also excellent. Every now and again I get the thyroid checked which also checks out as well. Testosterone levels and estradiol are usually in range and it is at the point now where I can tell if my E2 is getting a little elevated and I also keep an eye on my blood pressure which has not been an issue. One thing I have noticed is that when my estrogen gets high it affects my prostate. One of the ways I can tell that my E2 is getting elevated is that I notice that I start waking up in the night numerous times to piss. When that happens I increase the Arimidex and within a couple days I stop having to get up to piss at night, I mean sometimes I get up to piss once or twice but also I'm drinking a lot of water before bed but when my estrogen was elevated I was literally getting up like three or more times a night to piss and I'm also going to say that I was probably pissing more during the day as well. The problem is that I drink a lot more water than a regular person because I work very strenuously all day but I can still tell when the estrogen is up because I will piss even more. So the one thing I have never got checked is my PSA. I guess I better get that checked out eventually. What is a normal amount of times to piss in a day? How often do you guys piss? I have been awake for 10 hours now and I have pissed seven times so far. As far as liquids go I had a glass of water in the morning a full shaker cup of water and whey protein, a large cup of coffee and then 2 bottles of water so far. I never really thought about prostate stuff so I might as well get educated on it. I'm keeping an eye on everything else I better not neglect my prostate. I need some schooling guys

trn450

trn450

Awards
How much a person urinates during the day really varies. It's not uncommon for a person who keeps well hydrated to go 8-12 times daily. If a person is urinating easily, without hesitation, and it's on the lighter side that many times daily it's not really concerning. If a person is urinating small amounts, with hesitation, and they're not consuming much fluids and the urine is darker or more yellow, then it could be an obstructive process. Generally speaking.

Waking 3-4x/night to urinate is another issue. If you're chugging water and other fluids late into the evening, it's not so surprising. Some people have to stop consuming fluids a couple hours before bed. If a person is concerned for BPH or some other prostatic hyperplastic process, then those are typically progressive and not waxing and waning. But, if you're at all concerned about it just talk to your doc about getting that PSA.