Is it possible to have low T but experience great performances at the gym?

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
I didnt have any bloodwork yet but will do it soon since I have to check my thyroid too.

My question comes from the fact that I've never been the horny type even morning woods were not a given usually.
While my legs are hairy my chest is not at all and my beard doesnt grow in the whole face in fact certain parts have just soft hair like a teen.

I dont really feel the urge for sex not even feel that much of a need to masturbate and most of the time dating is more hassle than pleasure to me even when girls make it easy for me...Im ashamed to say it but when I release it takes me time before restarting again and sometime didnt even manage.

All of these seem like low test symptoms however when it comes of training I've never been stronger than now actually when it comes of bench press, dead lifts and basic movements Im among the strongest in the gym.
I train 4 times a week pull-push routine and hardly experience doms or lack of motivation in the gym, in fact I recently got even more aggressive toward the weights and the planning.
I run the stairs for 6 floors when I come back from the gym yet my breath and heart beat get back to normal in less than a minute.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didnt have any bloodwork yet but will do it soon since I have to check my thyroid too.

My question comes from the fact that I've never been the horny type even morning woods were not a given usually.
While my legs are hairy my chest is not at all and my beard doesnt grow in the whole face in fact certain parts have just soft hair like a teen.

I dont really feel the urge for sex not even feel that much of a need to masturbate and most of the time dating is more hassle than pleasure to me even when girls make it easy for me...Im ashamed to say it but when I release it takes me time before restarting again and sometime didnt even manage.

All of these seem like low test symptoms however when it comes of training I've never been stronger than now actually when it comes of bench press, dead lifts and basic movements Im among the strongest in the gym.
I train 4 times a week pull-push routine and hardly experience doms or lack of motivation in the gym, in fact I recently got even more aggressive toward the weights and the planning.
I run the stairs for 6 floors when I come back from the gym yet my breath and heart beat get back to normal in less than a minute.
My uncle was never a horn dog.
Veiwed sex as a chore.
Very active

Semi professional dirt bike rider semi professional water skier

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He appreciates a good-looking woman notice is a nice body just not real interested in jumping on

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Honestly what's your dealift

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Although blasphemy, I'd say Test levels are a bit over-rated for gym performance. Now, I'm not talking super-physiological doses like the 600mg+ per week like in the Bhasin studies - just normal range levels. I have no idea when I actually dipped into the "20 points away from hypo-gonadal" range, but I couldn't tell by my lifts. I was always progressing with spot on rest, nutrition, and programming. Now that I'm TRT, we'll see if my performance shoots up a lot - if so, I'll come back and add an addendum in a few months :D

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He wrote strongest in his gym.
I literally dying to know what those lifts are.
I'm not saying it isn't true.
I was benching 405lb with test at 302.
I know that it dosnt cause crippling weak Ness in the gym.
Actually me shooting a gram of test a week caused more pain in attempting 1rms than success.
Hella high test intake alone is cool for body building.
But powerlifting...or attempting to achieve a high one rep max just high test levels suck.
Sounds more like a question about sexuality.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Honestly what's your dealift
Im answering to you here instead of quoting all of your posts to keep the page lenght short.
Regarding that uncle you were talking about except for his libido how did he looked like in terms of lean mass and visual masculinity?

Although blasphemy, I'd say Test levels are a bit over-rated for gym performance. Now, I'm not talking super-physiological doses like the 600mg+ per week like in the Bhasin studies - just normal range levels. I have no idea when I actually dipped into the "20 points away from hypo-gonadal" range, but I couldn't tell by my lifts. I was always progressing with spot on rest, nutrition, and programming. Now that I'm TRT, we'll see if my performance shoots up a lot - if so, I'll come back and add an addendum in a few months :D
So you had very low test levels yet did more than good in the gym and kept improving?
Did you already notice any change once you started supplementing with test ?

He wrote strongest in his gym.
I literally dying to know what those lifts are.
I'm not saying it isn't true.
I was benching 405lb with test at 302.
I know that it dosnt cause crippling weak Ness in the gym.
Actually me shooting a gram of test a week caused more pain in attempting 1rms than success.
Hella high test intake alone is cool for body building.
But powerlifting...or attempting to achieve a high one rep max just high test levels suck.
Sounds more like a question about sexuality.
I said Im among the strongest in my gym for who I see in the afternoon/evening time slot.

My main lifts are:
-bench press 110kgs for 4 reps in the last set, got it last week first time. 12-10-8-6-4 growing weights set after set 3 min rest except the last which is 5.
-dead lift 100kgs for 4 reps again 12-10-8-6 growing weights set after set same rest.
-leg press 160kgs 8 reps, 20-16-12-8 same rest protocol
Sometime I fail to complete a set and miss one or 2 reps but more or the less its that.
I understand those number are nothing impressive for most of you guys but in south Europe they are.
Keep in mind I just weight 79kgs and everything is done with either great or acceptable form and speed.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Its been 1 week - I'll tell you in 6 months ?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those lifts are average(not taking anything away from them).
My uncle looks tone.
He also rides a Harley As a main mode of transportation.
He's ridden to Sturgis from California(which is 2,000 miles I think)
When he was offered TRT he turned it down. He is totally satisfied with his ability as a man.
It sounds like you are too.
Are you feeling like your missing something?
Do you want to be bigger and stronger?
Do you want to chase women?

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Its been 1 week - I'll tell you in 6 months ��
ahah ok tought the effect was faster at least as a first strike :D

Those lifts are average(not taking anything away from them).
My uncle looks tone.
He also rides a Harley As a main mode of transportation.
He's ridden to Sturgis from California(which is 2,000 miles I think)
When he was offered TRT he turned it down. He is totally satisfied with his ability as a man.
It sounds like you are too.
Are you feeling like your missing something?
Do you want to be bigger and stronger?
Do you want to chase women?
Those lifts are average for someone training in the states or northern europe I can tell you that in south europe were guys have lighter frame they are not.
Actually I would simply like to be sure Im getting everything life has to offer especially when it comes of appreciating women.
Imagine that you are fine staying home instead of getting a great satistifying job, wouldnt you like to experience that drive and the fulfilment of that?
Not sure if I made my point.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ahah ok tought the effect was faster at least as a first strike :D

Those lifts are average for someone training in the states or northern europe I can tell you that in south europe were guys have lighter frame they are not.
Actually I would simply like to be sure Im getting everything life has to offer especially when it comes of appreciating women.
Imagine that you are fine staying home instead of getting a great satistifying job, wouldnt you like to experience that drive and the fulfilment of that?
Not sure if I made my point.
Your missing out then my friend.
There is a certain primal lusting that I experience when I see a certain women.
It's definitely chemical. The feeling I had when I met my wife was exactly that.
I knew I wanted to run my tounge over every inch of her body. Literally just seeing her smile made me want her like that.
I would say try some test. If done right it is very safe. Just as safe as asprin.
Even better try MENT....that should get the mind think about sex

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In short- yes, you can be strong and active with low test. Test is only part of an equation.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
This person is probably running on adrenaline which he will eventually burn out if not properly evaluate and addressed properly
We also do not know what his potential for recreational drug use may be
Need more history

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
This person is probably running on adrenaline which he will eventually burn out if not properly evaluate and addressed properly
We also do not know what his potential for recreational drug use may be
Need more history
Totally clean in terms of drugs or alchool.
The only thing I run for 6 weeks was an otc compound based on mucunia pruriens and anticortisol naturals.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Sure, just take a look at some gals smashing the iron op

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Could be your other hormones. Its not just Test. DHT, estrogen all of them play a factor. Any 1 out of whack can do it. Go get a test, very cheap and easy

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Yes. My test levels recently came back at 370 ng/dl (low) and I am a 34 y/o who formerly did several cycles of gear a decade and longer ago. Currently in the process of deciding on how to approach treatment.

I am still pretty muscular 6' 210lbs probably 12% bodyfat and am pretty strong in the gym still.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Taking anticortisol is not recommend as most are in a state of adrenal insufficiency to begin. It only makes matters worse ..

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Yes. My test levels recently came back at 370 ng/dl (low) and I am a 34 y/o who formerly did several cycles of gear a decade and longer ago. Currently in the process of deciding on how to approach treatment.

I am still pretty muscular 6' 210lbs probably 12% bodyfat and am pretty strong in the gym still.

370 is not low, its normal/regular level.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
370 is not low, its normal/regular level.
It's low normal. I spoke with a TRT clinic today and the MD's assistant described it as "very low" for a fit 34 year old male. My urologist also diagnosed me with hypogonadism and treated me with clomid when my levels were 390.

390 is the 10th percentile for men in my age group, and around the average level of an 85-100 year old.

Normal-Testosterone-Levels-By-Age.png

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just giving a test result is pointless without reference to the range being used. There are different ranges depending on the lab being used. Some run to 850, some run to 1150, and I have seen one that went to 1320. So 370 would be low normal- normal on one lab and very low on another.

Always post ranges.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, mine lab's range is 280~840

Have u tried 25mg clomid for 3 months every day with 0.5mg anastrozol per week?

Anyway my test is around 350mg also, what really changes your body composition is endogenous test i believe.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Yeah, mine lab's range is 280~840

Have u tried 25mg clomid for 3 months every day with 0.5mg anastrozol per week?

Anyway my test is around 350mg also, what really changes your body composition is endogenous test i believe.
Do you mean free test (endogenous test)?

Yep, I tried clomid 25mg 25 days on 5 days off rx'ed by my urologist and my test levels increased to 1080 ng/dl. So secondary hypogonadism.