Elevated hematocrit

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys as some of you already know I am on trt. I usually get lazy with it and forget to do my HCG and I decided to be more strict and stay on top of the protocol. Well I ran HCG for a good two months and it jacked up my hematocrit. I went to the Red Cross to donate as usual but because I traveled outside of the country I was unable to donate to them so I ended up calling my trt clinic to get a lab order for a therapeutic blood draw. Right now my hemoglobin is 17.5 which would make my hematocrit like 52 or 53%. I am drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated and will get to a lab hopefully this week. I have been checking my blood pressure and it has been in the normal range. The clinic told me that I'm not in a super dangerous Zone. What do you guys think? Anybody else had a hematocrit this high or higher? I'd like some piece of mind please.

R

Randallk21

Awards
Mine has reached 19.6 while on 150mg test cyp a week and I felt awful. Currently donating twice a month to get down to 16-17. I wouldn't worry about yours at all, yet I also wouldn't let it get out of hand. It would be better to stay on top of it instead of waiting until you're in my shoes lol

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine has reached 19.6 while on 150mg test cyp a week and I felt awful. Currently donating twice a month to get down to 16-17. I wouldn't worry about yours at all, yet I also wouldn't let it get out of hand. It would be better to stay on top of it instead of waiting until you're in my shoes lol
Could you describe how you felt? And thank you very much for your helpful comment

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
High hematocrit on TRT is very common due to the testosterone itself. Go donate double-red if you qualify or simply whole blood.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High hematocrit on TRT is very common due to the testosterone itself. Go donate double-red if you qualify or simply whole blood.
Yeah for sure man. The issue is that I can't go to the red Cross now so I got a script from my doc to get a therapeutic blood draw which means I may need to wait a week until I have the free time as opposed to just walking right into a red Cross. I'm just worried that I'm like a walking time bomb or something. The guy above me said he's been at 19 before and 17.5 isint super bad. I just wanna calm my nerves .

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah for sure man. The issue is that I can't go to the red Cross now so I got a script from my doc to get a therapeutic blood draw which means I may need to wait a week until I have the free time as opposed to just walking right into a red Cross. I'm just worried that I'm like a walking time bomb or something. The guy above me said he's been at 19 before and 17.5 isint super bad. I just wanna calm my nerves .
I think you are just at the border of this being an issue. kisaj is a member here that lives at elevation and I think this is his normal hematocrit level. From ExcelMale here is a table of TRT targets showing hematocrit should be less than equal to 53 %

R

Randallk21

Awards
Could you describe how you felt? And thank you very much for your helpful comment
Felt this constant pressure in my head and face at all times. Thought it was high blood pressure until I checked and my BP was 131 over 77. Kind of makes ya feel bloated and fatigued.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Felt this constant pressure in my head and face at all times. Thought it was high blood pressure until I checked and my BP was 131 over 77. Kind of makes ya feel bloated and fatigued.
OMG! I feel the exact same way! But I been checking my BP and it's in the 130s over 70-80. I been drinking a ton of water to stay hydrated. Ive been reading that staying properly hydrated can lower the blood viscosity. I'm freaking out dude lol I wish I could just walk into a red Cross like I used to. Now I have to wait until I can get to labcorp which is closed today. Anyways, my BP is normal so I assume thats a good sign right?

R

Randallk21

Awards
OMG! I feel the exact same way! But I been checking my BP and it's in the 130s over 70-80. I been drinking a ton of water to stay hydrated. Ive been reading that staying properly hydrated can lower the blood viscosity. I'm freaking out dude lol I wish I could just walk into a red Cross like I used to. Now I have to wait until I can get to labcorp which is closed today. Anyways, my BP is normal so I assume thats a good sign right?
Yea I would just take aspirin a few times a day along with what you're doing and you should be ok. A nurse said it's not dangerous until 19. Right now you're just barely tip-toe'ing into the warning area I guess lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recommend this app to track your bloodwork:

myBloodTracker
https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

-All tests stored locally on your iPhone/iPad
-Features over 200 blood tests with customizable ranges and units.
-Full male/female hormone panels
-Once you enter the test results, it instantly indicates if you are in or out of range.
-With a touch of the button it graphs all your test results to indicate if you are trending high or low.

It really is your answer to keeping bloodwork organized.