High testosterone and low estradiol

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My recent blood panel showed my result from 50mg test cyp twice per week at 1422ng/dL the day of injection, and estradiol at 12pg/dL. I've had a lot of joint pain over the last few months, especially in my legs. What would cause my estradiol to be so low when my testosterone stays between 800 at the lowest and 1500 at the highest? I've had joint pain off and on even before trt, so something keeps my estradiol low but not sure why. I don't take aromatase inhibitors either. When my estradiol is in the 20's and above, I have no joint pain at all.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How about changing to 100 mg per week instead?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try subq injections might raise e2 as there is my aromatase in fat, although I don't think that would make much of a difference. Although it's worth a shot as it also should have more efficient absorption as well

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could also try add some dhea and pregenolone. IMO people on trt should be taking these anyways. I recommend preg at 100mg sublingually and 200mg oral. topical would be better but TD is less likely to go e2 and every topical dhea I know of also has some sort of aromatase inhibitor in it.

Also hcg is an option

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More information is needed. Are you supplementing with anything that has an anti-estrogen effect? Arimidex (Anastrozole), DIM, etc?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What organ removes estradiol? The liver?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What organ removes estradiol? The liver?
Great question. Have you seen a FB page called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion? Great page run by ExcelMale dot com. I'd post your issue with high Testosterone and very low E2 there.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could also try add some dhea and pregenolone. IMO people on trt should be taking these anyways. I recommend preg at 100mg sublingually and 200mg oral. topical would be better but TD is less likely to go e2 and every topical dhea I know of also has some sort of aromatase inhibitor in it.

Also hcg is an option
That dose of pregnenolone would be a bad recommendation. That is a very high dose and should never be started at.

My recent blood panel showed my result from 50mg test cyp twice per week at 1422ng/dL the day of injection, and estradiol at 12pg/dL. I've had a lot of joint pain over the last few months, especially in my legs. What would cause my estradiol to be so low when my testosterone stays between 800 at the lowest and 1500 at the highest? I've had joint pain off and on even before trt, so something keeps my estradiol low but not sure why. I don't take aromatase inhibitors either. When my estradiol is in the 20's and above, I have no joint pain at all.
That is curious to say the least and I would be all over my doc for explanation. If 50mg of test is bringing you that far outside of physiological levels, that is quite peculiar to begin with, but matched with bottom levels of e2 only adds to it. Anyone here is going to be guessing and with that type of discrepancy, it needs a professional.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That dose of pregnenolone would be a bad recommendation. That is a very high dose and should never be started at.

That is curious to say the least and I would be all over my doc for explanation. If 50mg of test is bringing you that far outside of physiological levels, that is quite peculiar to begin with, but matched with bottom levels of e2 only adds to it. Anyone here is going to be guessing and with that type of discrepancy, it needs a professional.
To each there own. That's what alot anti aging docs recommend. What I've used(when I did) and I started there. There are also studies at that dose. Soooo like I said to each there own. With preg I recommend to start there, get sides slowly lower the dose. If you aren't getting sides you can experiment with higher doses and see if you benefit from it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just because I am curious about your approach, why would you not start at a low dose and work your way up until you achieve the desired goal as opposed to starting very high and then working to eliminate sides?

You say to each their own, but no matter how you shake it, that is a very high dose. Most recommendations are to start at 5-10mg and work up. Not 10x that amount.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just because I am curious about your approach, why would you not start at a low dose and work your way up until you achieve the desired goal as opposed to starting very high and then working to eliminate sides?

You say to each their own, but no matter how you shake it, that is a very high dose. Most recommendations are to start at 5-10mg and work up. Not 10x that amount.
Totally get were your coming from. The regular recommend dose is meant for non suppressed individuals and is low to begin with. But my main reason is the studies show good results at 100mg