Ideal body fat to maximize natural testosterone?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you know read here and there how low BF% results in less stealing of free Test or bioavailable T by estrogen, cortisol, shbg,etc.etc.
What is the ideal bf% or range so when is truly maximizing natural production?

I see 1-5% is essential fat and then there is that 6-13% range for athletes and 14-17% for fitness. The latter numbers seems high as in much fat.
Based on images of similar frame males I am about 12-13%. I think my low was 11% earlier last year. Is there a measurable T-difference between 1% BF?

I was in the Dr. the other day and notice that Novo Nordisk 5lbs of simulated fat and wonder if trimming down 5lbs would make a difference in natural T-levels. I went back to eating bread(Dave's Killer Bread) and notice the abs are not as deeply defined as they used to be.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
I cant answer to your question just joining to learn about it myself.

Can just say that I felt some differences in libido and energy leves according to my bf levels, been around 10% then 15% then 20%+ and back and forth.

I can say that libido and energy levels were much higher at 10%, energy slightly dropped at 15% while libido was fine but at 20%+ both decreased.
However global strenght was higher at higher bf levels probably due to caloric surplus in my diet while bodyweight to strengh ratio was higher at lower bf.

While fat I was able to bench 130% of my bodyweight up to 5 times while full rom pull ups were no more than 8, while I was lean it was the other way around.