Test prop for trt results

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys so I was doing test propionate 25 milligrams subcutaneous daily. The positive was that I was definitely stronger in the gym and my sexual function was much better as opposed to 200 milligrams of cypionate weekly. The bad news is that doing daily subcutaneous shots in the fat of my glutes got extremely irritated and puffy to the point where I thought it was an infection but luckily it was just irritation. I decided to go back to the once weekly cypionate shots mainly because I'm not very sexually active at this time but when the time comes I will know to switch to prop. Now there was one thing I have been thinking, tell me what you guys think about this. The half life of test cypionate is approximately 8 days which means doing a 200 milligram shot once a week is good enough. Well the half life of test propionate is approximately four and a half days, so wouldn't doing 100 milligrams of propionate every 3 days be sufficient? I am willing to do 2 IM shots weekly of propionate if it would make sense. What do you guys think? Comments suggestions opinions? Thank you

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you tried doing two weekly IM injections of test cyp?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeap. I see no difference from doing it like that rather than just 1 200mg shot a week.
Interesting. Most guys on here that pin with test cyp and inject twice a week can tell a big difference than once a week pinning. But people are different.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish prop came at 200mg per ml. If it did id do 100mg every 3 days. I just don't like the idea of giving myself 2 ccs a week. Too much oil

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's interesting that you would not see a major difference in pinning 100mg vs 200mg /week. The primary reason being that you would almost double your test levels (theoretically) for several days, but this would not be a factor after 3-4 days because you would then be injecting your second weekly dose if on 2x weekly and it would even out.

From personal experience, I see pros and cons on both sides of the multiple injections weekly. I don't care for 2x injections because of inconvenience and increased scar tissue build up, but it does stabilize mood and e2. I do like 1x larger injections because there is a definite increase in muscle mass due to being outside of physiological levels for several days and the alpha feel that comes from high test, but it does eventually increase e2 and the energy can be too high for 3-4 days.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Guys are now taking 10 mgs per day of test cyp and doing great on it. We have switched over a couple doctors patients with their permission over to this and they are seeing more consistent results less e2 issues. On does not need prop

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys so I was doing test propionate 25 milligrams subcutaneous daily. The positive was that I was definitely stronger in the gym and my sexual function was much better as opposed to 200 milligrams of cypionate weekly. The bad news is that doing daily subcutaneous shots in the fat of my glutes got extremely irritated and puffy to the point where I thought it was an infection but luckily it was just irritation. I decided to go back to the once weekly cypionate shots mainly because I'm not very sexually active at this time but when the time comes I will know to switch to prop. Now there was one thing I have been thinking, tell me what you guys think about this. The half life of test cypionate is approximately 8 days which means doing a 200 milligram shot once a week is good enough. Well the half life of test propionate is approximately four and a half days, so wouldn't doing 100 milligrams of propionate every 3 days be sufficient? I am willing to do 2 IM shots weekly of propionate if it would make sense. What do you guys think? Comments suggestions opinions? Thank you
Sounds perfectly fine of two prop Shota week.
Also, twice a week cyp has worked for many of us, myself included. All depends on the person. But with an 8 day half life it seems like overkill, even though I've done it myself and liked it.
I think it's good for when your starting, then after 2-4inj your levels should be fine and once a week will keep em there.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it's good for when your starting, then after 2-4inj your levels should be fine and once a week will keep em there.
That's kind of on the philosophy that you can front load test and you can't. Switching back and forth between delivery schedules is a common mistake guys on TRT make. They want to try different things and never give one thing time to work for them. Twice a week injections with test cyp has a better track record for guys on here that's on TRT than pinning once a week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm back to 1x week and feel better than I did at multiple injections. We'll see how labs support this.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's kind of on the philosophy that you can front load test and you can't. Switching back and forth between delivery schedules is a common mistake guys on TRT make. They want to try different things and never give one thing time to work for them. Twice a week injections with test cyp has a better track record for guys on here that's on TRT than pinning once a week.
Actually I'm not a fan of front loading at all, and do believe that it leaves ppl wondering what the hell is going on. However, to get levels up there a bit quicker it Is possible, as there's a spike for 48hr after inj and it's simple math and science. Again, I do NOT like "front loading" and agree with you. Was merely a suggestion if he wanted levels up as quick as possible and then just keep em there.
I personally do my once a wk and works just fine. Btw- thx for the reminder, need to go do mine now.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually I'm not a fan of front loading at all, and do believe that it leaves ppl wondering what the hell is going on. However, to get levels up there a bit quicker it Is possible, as there's a spike for 48hr after inj and it's simple math and science. Again, I do NOT like "front loading" and agree with you. Was merely a suggestion if he wanted levels up as quick as possible and then just keep em there.
I personally do my once a wk and works just fine. Btw- thx for the reminder, need to go do mine now.
For the first time in 3 years I missed an injection and did it the next day. I don't know if it was in my head or what but I didn't feel right for a few days. I'll never miss again!

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prolly in your head, then again I'm not liking missing a day either today! Damn it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've missed the day of plenty of times and I'm of the opinion that's it's in your head. A day isn't going to make that much of a difference.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've missed the day of plenty of times and I'm of the opinion that's it's in your head. A day isn't going to make that much of a difference.
Agreed. I mean it just doesn't make sense science wise.
The only thing that does is the boost in levels 24-48 after pinning. You may just be wanting that initial rise and not having it is messing w your head/schedule. And on trt doses (100-150) it isn't that much of a spike. At 300+ it's noticeable. Other than that, I can't see why it would me a big difference at all.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like prop better because
Less pain. I never even feel injection site pain.
But most important of I want to make a change I can I crease faster. AND decrease faster.
The longer esters is a lot of waiting.