Trt question

bobilicious5k

Awards
So after 3 years of trying to find a doctor for trt I finally found a urologist willing to help me. Previously I had about 8 tests done and my total t was between 175 and 290 for all the tests. My free t was in range but at bottom of charts for all tests.
Endos and my pcp didn't want to do anything. This urologist that I found is willing to help me, however he has me on 14 day injections of test cyp. Which I feel good on, but I would like to do weekly and he said no. I'm wondering if I should just do weekly injections without him knowing, and of weeks of bloodwork just do every two weeks? So the results are where he expects. I don't want to go behind his back but I just want the have steady t levels. What do you guys think? Also I can't really find another dr because I've taken off so much time to find this one, I kinda have to chill out for a while.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do weekly subq injections don't worry about blood work the dose the Dr gave won't be high enough(most likely) to cause an issue with blood work even if you do subq weekly injections

But you will have much more stable levels and feel alot better because of it

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take a look at ExcelMale dot com and the Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion FB page. Your protocol is old fashioned.

Sanpedro93

Awards
Dude u cant get on trt at such low levels? Wtf whats their answer for not providing it?? Where do you live and how old are you?

bobilicious5k

Awards
Dude u cant get on trt at such low levels? Wtf whats their answer for not providing it?? Where do you live and how old are you?
My pcp said he isn't knowledgeable in trt and the endos keep saying I don't "look" like a guy with low t and keep asking me if I take steroids. I'm 30 and live in pa

Sanpedro93

Awards
My pcp said he isn't knowledgeable in trt and the endos keep saying I don't "look" like a guy with low t and keep asking me if I take steroids. I'm 30 and live in pa
****ed up mannn... they probably think ur just temporarily suppressed and want to wait it out which can last up to 2 years

bobilicious5k

Awards
Well basically what I'm thinking is.. since the doctor has me on test cyp 200mg every 14 days, that I just do 100 every 7.
Do you guys think that would be ok? I know every 7 days is better than 14 but my concern is going behind the doctors back.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well basically what I'm thinking is.. since the doctor has me on test cyp 200mg every 14 days, that I just do 100 every 7.
Do you guys think that would be ok? I know every 7 days is better than 14 but my concern is going behind the doctors back.
Like I said don't worry about. Your levels will never get high enough to cuase concern at that dose but you will feel better. I also recommend do subq injections

bobilicious5k

Awards
Ok thanks for the info. So what is the benefit to subq... less scar tissue ?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been in IM injections with 100 mgs split in two doses every 3.5 days and I've had very stable levels. It varies from person to person.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been in IM injections with 100 mgs split in two doses every 3.5 days and I've had very stable levels. It varies from person to person.
3.5 is perfect!!! I think thats how it should be prescribed or undeconate 1 once weekly. However if you plan on staying on TRT for life. Subq injections are the best way besides pellets. For reasons I mentioned earlier. Issue is if you want to come off with subq injections it can take an extremely long time to clear your system

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3.5 is perfect!!! I think thats how it should be prescribed or undeconate 1 once weekly. However if you plan on staying on TRT for life. Subq injections are the best way besides pellets. For reasons I mentioned earlier. Issue is if you want to come off with subq injections it can take an extremely long time to clear your system
Why do you think pellets are good? I've been on TRT for going on 5 years. I was on Androgel for about 10 months then switched to IM injections. I've read about guys in here having good results with subq test injections but I would have to totally disagree with pellets. They are too hard to dial in and when they're in, they're in. You have to deal with the sides until your next implant appt.

TRT is for life. No coming off.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you think pellets are good? I've been on TRT for going on 5 years. I was on Androgel for about 10 months then switched to IM injections. I've read about guys in here having good results with subq test injections but I would have to totally disagree with pellets. They are too hard to dial in and when they're in, they're in. You have to deal with the sides until your next implant appt.

TRT is for life. No coming off.
Pellets have shown the highest level of absorption and most stable blood levels in quite a few studies. Also agree TRT should be for life but there as soooo many that come on and off over and over which is dumb

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
I live in PA and I take 200 mgs every Monday

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
rtmilburn

What would be an ideal needle size for subcutaneous TRT injections? Where on the body should these injections be performed? Should the skin be pinched, like with an hCG injection?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
rtmilburn

What would be an ideal needle size for subcutaneous TRT injections? Where on the body should these injections be performed? Should the skin be pinched, like with an hCG injection?
Treat just like hcg needle size as well

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
rtmilburn

Why do subq? Have you even tried IM injections?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ugh have you even read anything I've posted? If you did you would know why
Yes I have. Remember we had a conversation about pellets? IM injections are tried and true. In my reading on this forum, I've found most of the ones that try subq end up going back to IM.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why do subq? Have you even tried IM injections?
From another forum.

Why SubQ Better
1. Going under the skin saves you from approximately 500 potentially damaging intramuscular injections every decade.
2. Injecting your testosterone subcutaneously involves the use of a small gauge needle (25 gauge half-inch, or 26 gauge 3/8 inch if you're very lean), thus making it feasible to give yourself two injections per week, which allows for a more even and natural testosterone profile.
3. Since you're injecting two times a week, the testosterone is more smoothly metabolized and might even bring estrogen levels down.
4. Dr. Crisler believes this method gives you more bang for your testosterone buck. He says that 80 mg of subQ testosterone has the effect of a 100 mg of testosterone administered intramuscularly. (20% more)
5. You can use the same needle to fill your syringe and administer the dose.
6. Since there's no danger of puncturing a vein, there's no need to aspirate when you go subQ.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cons of subq injections:
1) shallow injection can result in welts or lumps of injected oil.
2) some users experience high conversion of the testosterone to Estradiol due to aromatase content in the fat they inject into.

So, best thing, like with most TRT protocols, is to try both and use frequent bloodwork to verify how effective it is.

Side note: please be civil in responses as this is Anabolic Minds and not Anabolic Arguing.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What Kenpoengineer said....

And one more thing to add, you can inject IM with smaller gauge needles. I use 23 gauge 1", draw and pin with the same one. I also rotate injection sites.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Warm the oil, inject slower, and cannot relate to higher estradiol as being any different unless the person has high bf maybe?

One does take an AI anyway if there is a higher conversion.

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing my TRT injections in my butt, rotate every week, since I started.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What Kenpoengineer said....

And one more thing to add, you can inject IM with smaller gauge needles. I use 23 gauge 1", draw and pin with the same one. I also rotate injection sites.
I've moved to 25g 5/8" into the glutes rotating sides E3.5D and sometimes I don't even feel a thing. One trick is to fill your syringe then gently touch the skin where you plan to inject. If you feel pain then there is a nerve bundle there. Simply abort and repeat a quarter inch or so away. When you feel no pain, plunge in and complete the injection.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've moved to 25g 5/8" into the glutes rotating sides E3.5D and sometimes I don't even feel a thing. One trick is to fill your syringe then gently touch the skin where you plan to inject. If you feel pain then there is a nerve bundle there. Simply abort and repeat a quarter inch or so away. When you feel no pain, plunge in and complete the injection.
Do you draw with the 25g also?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established