Old beat up guy looking to lose some fat

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hello all... looking for some advice, as far as using testosterone to help shed some fat.

Background:

a couple years ago I had some injures that kept me out of the gym, and I let my diet go, and I gained a ton of fat (235-290) in around a year. When I got back in the gym, I got my testosteorne levels checked, and saw that I was low (285, in range 348-1197). since I couldn't get any docs to treat me, I used ZMA and clomid (and some a-dex, 'til I crashed my E2) and got my testosterone back up to around 750-800, and have kept it there for over a year.

however, I had hoped to lose a lot more fat, but only dropped 15 lbs, and that was a serious struggle. I've since read several articles that showed how effective testosterone was at helping with fat loss, and thought that it might be an option for me, at least until I get my weight closer to my goal.

additionally, I developed some thyroid problems in Iraq (about a decade ago), and that makes things a lot harder to lose fat as well...

I've been looking at doing 2 different cycles (and by cycle, I mean more of an "enhanced TRT," as the dose isn't that high).

Cycle 1:
Testosterone-250-300 mg/wk,
Cytomel-25-75 mcg/day

or cycle 2:
Testosterone-250-300 mg/wk,
deca/NPP-100 mg/wk

cycle 1 is obviously more for the fat loss, but cycle 2 is more to allow me to train more and the deca is to pamper my beat up joints.

any advice by members that have done this, or something similar?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, forgot to mention: 40 yo, lifting for close to 25 years, dabbled with various androgens and supplements for 15 years, but have been off androgens for 5 years or so.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry, I don't have any advice to your problem but you Might get better response if you posted this in Anabolics...