High red blood cell count and high hemoglobin Lowish T numbers

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have consistently had high red blood cell count and hemoglobin. What makes it worse, is my total testosterone is only in the 400 range. How do I fix this issue? It's very concerning and I'm tired of having my test levels low.I have recently had deviated septum surgery and am still recovering. The last time I had a blood test was a month or so before septum surgery, but my breathing issues wasn't as bad when I had the original blood test. I do have mild sleep apnea and sleep with a mouth appliance and for awhile, I was getting very restful sleep before I started having breathing issues(a side from the mild apnea) I am wondering, if my breathing issue have increased my red blood cell count. My red blood cell count is 6.30(4.50-5.90 M/cu mm) and Hemoglobin is 16.6(13.9-16.3 g/dl) and my Mean Corpuscular Volume was flagged low 78.7(80.0-100.0 fL). I also take a proton pump inhibitor for GERD. I don't know if that would affect anything.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please check your ferritin levels along with full iron panel
These levels may be also from dehydration. How much water do you drink in relationship to coffee is first question, I always ask doctor's patient.
If levels were normal on previous test then I would suggest a retest with about 20 oz of WATER not coffee before getting the test done on a fasted state to make sure the proper state of hydration.

GERD is often due to low stomach acid not so much high and shutting down stomach acid invite higher risk of Hyplori, candida and other pathogenic bacteria. Correcting a person GI mucosa barrier and inner terrain, has reduced GERD with in matter of a week who have been suffering for several years.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please check your ferritin levels along with full iron panel
These levels may be also from dehydration. How much water do you drink in relationship to coffee is first question, I always ask doctor's patient.
If levels were normal on previous test then I would suggest a retest with about 20 oz of WATER not coffee before getting the test done on a fasted state to make sure the proper state of hydration.

GERD is often due to low stomach acid not so much high and shutting down stomach acid invite higher risk of Hyplori, candida and other pathogenic bacteria. Correcting a person GI mucosa barrier and inner terrain, has reduced GERD with in matter of a week who have been suffering for several years.
Well, it was high last test as well but not as high. That being stated, I didn't fast on this most recent test because I needed blood work in before my surgery and my grandmom had to drive me. I don't have a car and she didn't have any other days free, so I wound up going pretty much right after I had breakfast and coffee.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
sleep apnea increase hemotocrit.....