Cardarine and mTOR (Muscle Protein Synthesis)

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any conclusive information on whether Cardarine inhibits muscle protein synthesis in any manner? Or in general what effect it has on these pathways.

Reading various articles I have found them to state that it does and doesn't highly conflicting information.

I've been using 20mg a day for the last 2 1/2 months for the endurance, fat loss/nutrient partitioning effects.

Cardarine is a PPAR-D agonist. GW-501516 activates AMP-activated protein kinase and stimulates glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue, and has been demonstrated to reverse metabolic abnormalities in obese men with pre-diabetic metabolic syndrome, most likely by stimulating fatty acid oxidation. When the PPAR-D is activated, it helps develop more slow-twitch muscle fibers and shifts the body's metabolism to burn fat for fuel, rather than sugars or muscle tissue.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome to the world of reasearch! There won't be any definitive answer to your question beyond running the compound yourself and following your own protocol towards your goal and comparing it to a previous trial. Sadly we are all different and there still isn't enough trials to warrant real recommendation. Just my 2cents as it really is interesting.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate your input TheMovement.

It's a good compound and the effects on endurance, fatty acid oxidation and skeletal muscle glucose uptake i'd say are definitively their.

If anyone else has experience with Cardarine and cares to share please post yours.

Hardedge

Awards
AMPk activation from any substance inhibits mTOR, so in that sense it won't help.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
AMPk activation from any substance inhibits mTOR, so in that sense it won't help.
Ah yes. But then the question would be does Cardarine do this to a significant degree? Since their aren't any studies, it's only a logical assumption. I see a lot people running Cardarine with Anabolics and SARMs but not looking into this.

Does Cardarine active AMPK enough to inhibit mTOR to a degree that would prevent muscular hypertrophy or just enough to provide us with it's beneficial effects?

AMPK acts as a metabolic master switch regulating several intracellular systems including the cellular uptake of glucose, the β-oxidation of fatty acids and the biogenesis of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) and mitochondria. Upon activation, AMPK increases cellular energy levels by inhibiting anabolic energy consuming pathways (fatty acid synthesis, protein synthesis, etc.) and stimulating energy producing, catabolic pathways (fatty acid oxidation, glucose transport, etc.).

DozerDean

DozerDean

Awards
I've been using 20mg a day for the last 2 1/2 months for the endurance, fat loss/nutrient partitioning effects. .
I don't want to side track this thread but i was wondering if you are doing any blood work during your cardarine research? If so, were there positive effects on lipids?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to side track this thread but i was wondering if you are doing any blood work during your cardarine research? If so, were there positive effects on lipids?
No sorry. That's not the primary reason why i was using the compound but that is a good idea for future research. Although someone i know had bloodwork done, then started cardarine and two weeks later their HDL tripled. HDL went from 15 to 41 in 2 weeks at ONLY 5mg per day which is a medical breakthrough.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Seriously?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting read. I am running cardarine at the moment. 20mg ED. All I can say is it hasn't been inhibiting strength gains. I am on a cut and still increasing poundages on big lifts (namely squats) by 10lbs a week. Whether or not this will translate to increased muscle mass we'll see. One thing I've noticed with cardarine is its effects on endurance have been noticeable from day one. I jog a consistent route each day and my route includes a steep hill climb towards the end. I have not made much progress in terms of my fitness for a long time rather opting to maintain my present state of cardiovascular health. With cardarine the same hill climb didn't have me out of breath half way up. Basically a feeling of calm rather than having my heart thump out of my chest as usual and there was no need to catch my breath at the top. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any performance increase in resistance training. I train high volume with brief rest periods (25-30 seconds) so was hopeful to notice some benefits from cardarine as I've read other experiences in which users report decreased rest intervals between sets.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
[/ATTACH]

based off the metabolic processes in the attached pic, I'd assume that a significant increase in mitochondria would severly limit muscle hypertrophy/strength...
Great post CatSnake. This is what ive noticed while using Cardarine inhibition of muscular hypertrophy. It had some cutting effects and the more food I ate my physique didn't change. Stopping Cardarine the hypertrophy started coming right back. In terms of endurance it made my cardio easier but not that much easier. I'm already able to do 90min of moderate to high intensity cardio at once without it so the effects weren't as pronounced.

Although my heart rate was MUCH lower at all times (during cardio especially) using 20mg of Cardarine a day. So you could hit higher intensities (regarding cardio) with a lower heart rate and that will definitely improve your performance output.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Great post CatSnake. This is what ive noticed while using Cardarine inhibition of muscular hypertrophy. It had some cutting effects and the more food I ate my physique didn't change. Stopping Cardarine the hypertrophy started coming right back. In terms of endurance it made my cardio easier but not that much easier. I'm already able to do 90min of moderate to high intensity cardio at once without it so the effects weren't as pronounced.

Although my heart rate was MUCH lower at all times (during cardio especially) using 20mg of Cardarine a day. So you could hit higher intensities (regarding cardio) with a lower heart rate and that will definitely improve your performance output.
I dabbled with Cardarine a couple times when I was training MMA, and found that I actually gassed quicker, but would recover way quicker in between rounds.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I will say that it will make you flat so you might think your getting smaller from it. Cardarine decreases glucose output by the liver (I'm assuming that refers to gluconeogenesis?) and improves insulin sensitivity this is very beneficial for fat loss. But it will shuttle carbs towards muscle vs fat when eating so that's a huge advantage (nutrient partitioner). I used it for 12 weeks at 20mg, stopped for 2 months then went back on now 3 weeks in it feels like it's working better than ever. What I found was it wasn't working when I was using it 12 weeks from maybe 9 weeks in likely from desensitization. I would run it 6-8 weeks then take a month off for optimal results.

edarrin

Awards
Interesting. I have been using it at 20mg/day in the am with intermittent fasting for the AMPK (and associated enzymes) for fat loss and antiaging purposes.

May stop at 8 weeks for a month or so then resume.

Certainly does make me feel flatter but am noticing some fat loss. Thinking of stacking it with SR9009.

Also currently running rad140 and mk677. pleasantly surprised with successful outcome so far