TRT recommendations

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by drewfuss View Post
    I've been on 200mg for 4 weeks and it's been a noticeable difference over the 190.
    Dialed in TRT protocol is a good thing. Looking forward to seeing your bloodwork.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

2. UGH, forgot to post this last week.

We didn't do blood work. I may go to private labs and order some after payday next week. Are there any discount codes or anyplace else to order bloodwork? And what would you recommend to get?
    •   

3. Female hormone panel. $65 and google for discount code.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

4. These are my blood test results. E2 is 73.9. He's got me starting Adex start 1mg 3 days after my weekly injection, only one day per week.
    •   

5. Any thoughts on that dosage and frequency?

6. Quote Originally Posted by drewfuss View Post
    Any thoughts on that dosage and frequency?
    Didn't mean to "thank" your post....

As far as your E2, it is high and taking 1mg prob won't hurt for the first few weeks. The hard part is the fact the E2 is so individualized. I pin 50 mgs of test every 3.5 days. I take .25 mgs of arimidex on the injection days. That keeps my E2 at 21. How often are you having to go for bloodwork?

7. Every 6 months

8. It's 1mg for 4 weeks, then .5mg for 4 weeks

9. I'm also on 220mg test C every Thursday. Just 1 weekly injection.

10. What side effects are you having from the high E2?

11. Moodiness, weak wood, no morning wood. Those are the big ones.

12. Your SHBG is low and that's why your T levels are so low and E2 is spiking. I was up to 300mg weekly just to stay in range. IMHO you should use EOD injections of 60mg to start and split the Arimidex into .25mg EOD dosing as well until you get it down. Because of the low SHBG you will clear E2 faster also. I could swing from 60's to undetectable in one week with overdoing the AI dosing. You could find yourself needing much lower T dosing once you start high frequency dosing.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

13. I'm not self injecting, so more frequent injections are not an option.

14. Quote Originally Posted by drewfuss View Post
    I'm not self injecting, so more frequent injections are not an option.
    That sucks.

15. Any other recommendations on the adex dosing?

16. Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    Your SHBG is low and that's why your T levels are so low and E2 is spiking. I was up to 300mg weekly just to stay in range. IMHO you should use EOD injections of 60mg to start and split the Arimidex into .25mg EOD dosing as well until you get it down. Because of the low SHBG you will clear E2 faster also. I could swing from 60's to undetectable in one week with overdoing the AI dosing. You could find yourself needing much lower T dosing once you start high frequency dosing.
    His SHBG isn't low. It's nearly mid range. Also, doesn't high SHBG cause Free T to drop and not low SHBG?
  17. TRT recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by drewfuss View Post
    Any other recommendations on the adex dosing?
    Take .5 mgs a week instead of 1 mg, then cut back to .25 mgs a week. If you still feel like you E2 is high then bump up the dose slightly. High and low sides for E2 are similar. Ask your dr for more frequent labs. You should be going every 2-3 months for labs until your protocol is dialed in. Have you asked about self injecting? You may need to start looking for another dr.

18. He'll do labs more often, if there's a reason for it, like in this case. I go to Low T Center, who doesn't offer self injection. I've already considered looking for an Endo so I can self inject, but I don't know where to start looking.

19. Quote Originally Posted by sammpedd88 View Post
    His SHBG isn't low. It's nearly mid range. Also, doesn't high SHBG cause Free T to drop and not low SHBG?
    Serum protein isn't the same as SHBG. My serum protein is normal and his SHBG is 9 which is lower than my low SHBG. When someone with lower SHBG or high bioavailable Test injects a large dose once weekly our numbers sky rocket before dropping like a lead balloon due to the faster metabolizing of the hormone. It also causes our E2 conversion to spike rapidly before also dropping quickly due to hormone turnover rates.

His best bet is small, frequent injections like I use.

20. Quote Originally Posted by drewfuss View Post
    Any other recommendations on the adex dosing?
    Start slow. When I was on 200mg/weekly with single injections .5mg dropped my E2 to high 30's and 1mg dropped E2 to 16. It's easier to adjust when you take smaller doses more frequently. I use .25mg EOD to E4D when required.

21. Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    Serum protein isn't the same as SHBG. My serum protein is normal and his SHBG is 9 which is lower than my low SHBG. When someone with lower SHBG or high bioavailable Test injects a large dose once weekly our numbers sky rocket before dropping like a lead balloon due to the faster metabolizing of the hormone. It also causes our E2 conversion to spike rapidly before also dropping quickly due to hormone turnover rates.

His best bet is small, frequent injections like I use.
    Thanks for the info, you taught me something regarding SHBG.

Also, I totally agree with smaller more frequent injections. I've been pinning like that for about 4 years now.

22. I thought I read that 1mg adex drops your E2 by 70% after 1 dose. Wouldn't that put me around the mid 20s? Then the subsequent dose being 1 week later drop it too much?

23. Quote Originally Posted by drewfuss View Post
    I thought I read that 1mg adex drops your E2 by 70% after 1 dose. Wouldn't that put me around the mid 20s? Then the subsequent dose being 1 week later drop it too much?
    The standard "rules" don't apply when dealing with low SHBG levels. You really don't want to overdo the AI.

24. Gotcha. Thanks for all the info and help. I've always questioned everything doctors have told me. I've wanted to help myself make a better informed choice, rather than take their word as the final say.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. recommended regimen for permanent TRT
    By meecho in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 05:13 PM
  2. Opinions and comments on doctors recommended TRT
    By KingMeso in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
  3. Big Cat and his recommended stacks.
    By Yimen E.Cricket in forum Anabolics