TRT progress

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
I'm 28, 5' 10" , 230 lb( before i started feeling low t symptoms i was around 200)
Bodyhair mainly on chest , no so much on the arms or legs, facial hair is there not full but not patchy either. Fat used to be well distributed but now is mainly on abdominal area.
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? Used to hurt and with a fever but that went away after the hernia surgery.
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed? Morning wood is not there all the time , maybe once a week. Nocturnal if stimulated yes.
So i started feeling tired and sleepy all day long , hard to gain muscle and lose fat, no desire to do the things i used to love, like soccer, lifting, karate, surfing etc
This all started couple years ago and was gradually getting worse.
So last year had a acl meniscus repair 9 months later removed an inguinal hernia, after that everything got worst.

Looked it up and found about trt and decided to get checked, for my luck my primary care doctor is also an endocrinologist, so he did all the blood work.
1st bw

TEST TOTAL, LC/MS/MS. 323 250-1100 (ng/dL
TEST FREE 38.4 L 46.0-224.0 (pg/mL)
TEST BIOAVAILABLE 79.0 L 110.0-575.0 (ng/dL)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 36 10-50 (nmol/L)
ALBUMIN,SERUM 4.5 3.6-5.1 (g/dL)
FSH 2.0 1.6-8.0 (mIU/mL)
LH 1.8 1.5-9
T3Uptake 35.30 28.00-41.00 (%)
T4 7.58 4.50-11.70 (ug/dL)
FTI 2.68
Tsh 4.07
And dhea s , prolactin, psa, vitamin d, all fine
2nd bw
TEST TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 150 L 250-1100 (ng/dL)
FREE TESTOSTERONE 33.8 L 35.0-155.0 (pg/mL)
After that he put me on Androderm patches ,4mg 1 a day, and scheduled an MRI which came all normal and an follow up appointment for 3 months from now.

After 20 days on Androderm I switched to injection, 100 mg test cyp weekly, because the patches where leaving a big red mark on the spot they were on, and sometimes they fall cuz i do construction work and move a lot during the day.

Did blood test today, when i got home did first injection, painful, 22g 1 1/2 "needle, gonna have another bloodtest in 4 weeks , maybe switch to 25g 1" needles next week.

How long before feel improvements regarding energy and muscle growth?

Thanks in advance for any help and any more info please ask, i have access to all blood work.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
for me i started feeling better after about six weeks....and then atfter 6 months with a consistent dose, and my E2 in check i really felt well

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
no need to harpoon yourself with a 22g needle. You can use a 27g 1/2 inch TB needle and inject in the fat pads above the glutes for a painless injection. You can pull the testosterone with a larger gauge and switch needle heads if you are inpatient or just use the same rig to pull and inject. Is your provider addressing your thyroid? You can start feeling the various beneficial effects of higher testosterone starting at 3 weeks all the way to 6 months or longer.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
He said thyroid was good, but I started taking iodine and selenium on my own

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Being feeling flu like symptoms last couple days, is that normal, will it go away, or is it just a coincidence? First injection was on Saturday btw

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
I have heard flu like symptoms reported by some users just starting TRT. Should go away soon. Your TSH is elevated, try taking an OTC thyroid sup

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
Increase vitamin C , or you can search for a supple the called "Wellness Formula" on Amazon

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Increase vitamin C , or you can search for a supple the called "Wellness Formula" on Amazon
Will look into it , thanks.

"Test flu" symptoms are gone now, and yesterday I actually had some spare energy to do 45 min of karate after a 12 hours shift doing construction work, so i would say is getting better, but before low test i could play soccer or just run for 2 hours after work and still feel ok. Hope to be there again.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
So just got my blood work results which were drawn last Saturday before my first injection.

Total test 208 -------250-1100(ng/dl)
Free test 40.2--------46-224(pg/ml)

Mind you that's after a little over 20 days on Androderm 4mg patch a day.
Gonna have bw done again in 3 weeks, will post them here
Thanks for reading.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Today , second pin of 100mg test cyp, used the 25g 5/8 and didn't feel a thing, pinned on deltoid.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today , second pin of 100mg test cyp, used the 25g 5/8 and didn't feel a thing, pinned on deltoid.
I pin test cyp with a 23 gauge 1" syringe and rotate between quads, delts and glutes. No issues.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Update:
Been feeling better overall, more energy to do things, nothing crazy , but improvement is there.
Feeling a little bloated, noticed little swelling on hands , and a friend from work commented about my face looking rounder.

Maybe high estrogen?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Test and find out ..

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update:
Been feeling better overall, more energy to do things, nothing crazy , but improvement is there.
Feeling a little bloated, noticed little swelling on hands , and a friend from work commented about my face looking rounder.

Maybe high estrogen?
Along with anxiety is the sides I had with high E2 but has the same sides when I was low also. Best to test bro!

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
I have a bw scheduled 3 weeks from now, gotta call my dr office to add the e2 test though.
Would e2 raise that fast, been i am only a little over a month on trt ? And only 2 weeks on injection ( was on Androderm before).

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a bw scheduled 3 weeks from now, gotta call my dr office to add the e2 test though.
Would e2 raise that fast, been i am only a little over a month on trt ? And only 2 weeks on injection ( was on Androderm before).
Yes it can raise that quick if you're E2 sensitive which I've discovered I am. I'm back down to 100 mgs injections and still need an AI.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Yes it can raise that quick if you're E2 sensitive which I've discovered I am. I'm back down to 100 mgs injections and still need an AI.
That's exactly what I take 100mg cyp weekly, but no ai yet, maybe i will need it

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree totally. During 1st month of my TRT at 40 mg E3.5 testosterone cypionate my E2 increased from 26 to 60.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Would my body adapt to the test and stabilize estrogen by itself?

Asking this because the swelling seems to have subsidized by at least 70%, of course thats a wild guess, just from what me and my wife can see and compare.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards

Asking this because the swelling seems to have subsidized by at least 70%, of course thats a wild guess, just from what me and my wife can see and compare.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

No. Your sides may diminish a little, such as the swelling but your E2 is still going to be high. Have you had it tested recently?

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
No. Your sides may diminish a little, such as the swelling but your E2 is still going to be high. Have you had it tested recently?
I have a appointment scheduled for bw in 2 weeks. I already asked my doctor to test for e2

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a appointment scheduled for bw in 2 weeks. I already asked my doctor to test for e2
Good. Sometimes people can get away with not taking an AI and taking things like zinc, DIM and I3C. Those didn't work for me but for others it helps keep there E2 in check.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
I take zinc on a daily basis already, just dont know if I'm taking enough. 50mg.
My staples are zinc, fish oil, selenium, complex B, biotin, garlic and vitamin D.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take zinc on a daily basis already, just dont know if I'm taking enough. 50mg.
My staples are zinc, fish oil, selenium, complex B, biotin, garlic and vitamin D.
You may not be taking enough. I can't recall the exact amount you should take daily, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 50 mgs a day.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
My understanding was there is a risk of zinc toxicity at over 40mg per day, certainly after a few months at that sort of level

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
My understanding was there is a risk of zinc toxicity at over 40mg per day, certainly after a few months at that sort of level
That I didn't know, should I stop the zinc then? Been taking for way more than a few months.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That I didn't know, should I stop the zinc then? Been taking for way more than a few months.
To be honest, before you stop/start taking anything wait to get your labs back. Do you think you'll have an issue in getting an AI prescribed if your E2 shows high (which I'm sure it will be elevated)?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Unless you are suffering from nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or any other gastro issues then I would have thought you would be OK at 50g per day as some of the zinc will be lost through sweat during training (here in the UK they advise max of 25g) - apparently high doses can lead to a deficiency in copper.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless you are suffering from nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or any other gastro issues then I would have thought you would be OK at 50g per day as some of the zinc will be lost through sweat during training (here in the UK they advise max of 25g) - apparently high doses can lead to a deficiency in copper.
High doses can cause deficiencies in a lot of minerals. If you take a good multi vitamin then you should be good.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
To be honest, before you stop/start taking anything wait to get your labs back. Do you think you'll have an issue in getting an AI prescribed if your E2 shows high (which I'm sure it will be elevated)?
Well if its high then i think my doc will prescribe something, he is very open minded and always tries to listen to what I have to say.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
I've noticed that if i take the zinc on an empty stomach then i feel nauseous for about half an hour.

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
High doses can cause deficiencies in a lot of minerals. If you take a good multi vitamin then you should be good.
Which one is a good one, because i buy my vitamins all separate from walmart

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well if its high then i think my doc will prescribe something, he is very open minded and always tries to listen to what I have to say.
That's good. If it's high and you get an AI, start out low with it. I pin my test every 3.5 days and I take .25 mgs of arimidex on injection days. Depending on how high your E2 is, that may be a good starting point with an AI. Just get a good pill cutter and cut them in quarters.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Depends on person, I have some clients suggest at 90 mgs due to a genetic inability to absorb zinc from the GI tract. Every one is different and one needs to know the whole picture as well as the underlying pathology. Their RBC and plasma levels are monitored very tightly with labs

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that if i take the zinc on an empty stomach then i feel nauseous for about half an hour.
Zinc needs to be taken with food since you need proper stomach acid for it to absorb
One of the major reason people are deficeint when they are taking vitamin as they do not know how to properly take it or take it with other minerals which will prevent its absorption

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Zinc needs to be taken with food since you need proper stomach acid for it to absorb
One of the major reason people are deficeint when they are taking vitamin as they do not know how to properly take it or take it with other minerals which will prevent its absorption
Thats what I thought, and I've heard it absorbs better if taken with magnesium? And not to take with milk?

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
That's good. If it's high and you get an AI, start out low with it. I pin my test every 3.5 days and I take .25 mgs of arimidex on injection days. Depending on how high your E2 is, that may be a good starting point with an AI. Just get a good pill cutter and cut them in quarters.
Alright, will wait for the labs and see what's up , then if I need an AI I'll do like you said.
Thanks a lot

coryneto

coryneto

Awards
Alright, will wait for the labs and see what's up , then if I need an AI I'll do like you said.
Thanks a lot

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Actually zinc and magnesium may compete for same transporter protein. I have them taken separately for optimal absorption