Dhea-s

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the number you guys aim for dhea-s on blood test? I know lef suggest 350-500. I float between 325-350. Wondering if I should try to bring it up.

Esp since one of dheas big metabolites is androsterone and that has been linked to libido more so then test and dht. My drive have been down for some time. So I'm wondering if bringing up my dhea will help.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like being high normal.
I guess what I'm asking is what is that? Like what do you aim for and what is the reference range for the lab you use?

Thanks I'm just trying to get a better idea of this aspect.

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
I run 400-500 natural without supplementing DHEA. I'd say shoot for that range .

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Depends where cortisol levels are as they need to be properly balanced as well as looking down stream at estrogenic metabolites. You need to keep in mind symptoms history and labs when determine YOUR level

vkg1

Awards
I was tested for both DHEA and DHEA-S. Do you guys only get tested for DHEA-S?

The reason I ask is that I was actually at the bottom end of the range on DHEA-S, but above range by a lot on DHEA. Wondering why the hell that would be and if it's common, as well as whether or not it's the case that people just generally only look at DHEA-S and disregard DHEA results.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was tested for both DHEA and DHEA-S. Do you guys only get tested for DHEA-S?

The reason I ask is that I was actually at the bottom end of the range on DHEA-S, but above range by a lot on DHEA. Wondering why the hell that would be and if it's common, as well as whether or not it's the case that people just generally only look at DHEA-S and disregard DHEA results.
Dhea-s is the storage form and usually easier to track trends in. Also more accurate in testing. Not to many people test dhea.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Same thing with Preg-S, aka Pregnenolone sulfate/sulphate, all kinds of funky spellings so you should always look out for the medical terms related to your specific issue/concern. Sometimes the value is a reflection of degradation or metabolic breakdown, and it will also come down to whether its a urine test, salivary test or blood test - of which of course, blood is always the most reliable, helpful, accurate and readily performable, but urine is quick and convenient, however, values come out in different ranges sometimes, or differently depending on lab dilution etc

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When there is an imbalance in Dhea VS Dhea s there may be a transulfurstion problem or genetic expression on SULT2a1

vkg1

Awards
Can you elaborate on what that means and what it suggests I might want to do? Unfortunately, I do not have access to very knowledgeable endos in my areas.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can you elaborate on what that means and what it suggests I might want to do? Unfortunately, I do not have access to very knowledgeable endos in my areas.
Just means you'd take oral or td dhea based on the results but oral works for the majority.

Oral is sulfated in the liver

Td by passes this and spikes free dhea levels higher.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21