Will TRT cause such extreme dysregulation of HPTA that other hormonal systems...

Mward97

Awards
Last word in title is *working*

Such as cortisol, pregnolone, DHEA ...etc...

Also is cabergoline safe to use if prolactin and cortisol are high or will it cause damage to my heart valves?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes prolong stress of constantly high levels over 800-900 will cause HPTA axis to malfunction. This is one of the advantages of having gels as it will help keep HPTA is tact

Mward97

Awards
But will it cause malfunction so extreme you need to permanently take other hormones? Or just are you saying elevated estrogen etc...

Mward97

Awards
And if you are young and otherwise healthy will it be HPTA MALFUNCTION or will it simply be your other hormones adjusting to new hormonal levels

Mward97

Awards
Most people's free testosterone will barely be at top of free test range at 1200ng/dL. I think 900-1000 is probably fine unless your 70

Mward97

Awards
Is 1000-1200ng/dL total test, with DHT at 50-75% normal range, free test at 80-125% normal range, estrogen at 40-60% normal range "proper TRT" if you are under 35 ? Or is that too much even for a young otherwise healthy body?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seems fine to me. What's your weekly dose to get those numbers?

I honestly find that keeping my test around 700 total is the best where it comes to quality of life, sides, etc. But everyone is different.

Mward97

Awards
240mg of cyp puts me right at that range(injected Monday, Thursday--120mg each day). 6.5mg exemestane daily. 250cc HCG 3 times a week.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh I see. Yeah I use half of that typically (no HCG - causes acne for me). I let me total test range from about 5-700, and barely touch an AI, just 12.5mg exemestane once or twice a week.

I used to use more test though, but had more problems/sides when cruising at a high dose (plus I like to cycle from time to time so I like to return to a decent baseline at times too).

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
I've seen TRT lower cortisol in some men, others it does not effect. As far as pregnenolone, LH initiates the production. If you are on TRT, your LH levels are going to be extremely low and the body will not be sufficient at producing preg. Some guys supplement Preg, others do HCG to keep the P450scc open. DHEA is produced by zona reticulata and zona fasciculata of the adrenal cortex so your body will still be pumping out DHEA even on TRT.