Low Total testosterone but normal free testosterone

Montana18745

Awards
I had my testosterone checked and my total test came back at 189 and my free test came back at 54. All my other blood work came back normal for lh fsh prolactin. I don't have it right now but I will get it and post it. My doctor sent me to an endocrinologist and he basically said it is what it is that as long as my free test was normal I don't have a deficiency. I don't use anabolics just pre-workout and protein. Should I get a second opinion? It seems the doctors don't wanna hear anything at all. He also said if your beard is growing your ok. My SHBG did come back at the low range also.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your beard is growing you're OK! Run to another doctor. Look on the E x c E lmale website for a TRT doctor.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hi Montana18745,

You are in need of a better Dr. one that is up on low Testosterone and not an Endo they are not good Dr.'s for low T. Unless your not living in the USA.

If your total T is 189 and your free is 54 this is a % of the total that is unbound. So nothing from nothing is nothing you need a high normal Total T first to show how your Free T looks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Free t is low normal
i would check SHBG as it may be in the 10-15 range indicating insulin resistance or low thyroid function (subclinical) via primary secondary or tertiary

Montana18745

Awards
My SHBG is at 12. But the doctor is saying there is nothing to treat.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Damn I pegged that number of shbg. Drs are going to tell you this, need to rule out what was suggested above ..