TRT and Libido

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys I been on trt for almost 2 years now. Test at 200mg per week (100mg every 3 and a half days) and hcg 2 months on and one month off at 1000iu weekly and arimidex at .5 mg eod. My total test is around 1000 give or take a couple hundred. E2 is in the 20-30 range usually. And shbg in the high teens. My libido was awesome in the beginning and now is very dull. Also my lh and fsh is 0 obviously. My prolactin last time was checked was 9.7
I started taking vitamins like E and b6 to try to lower prolactin because I heard that can increase libido. What else can I do to increase libido on trt? Should I drop my test dose for a bit and run some clomid to get some lh going again? Maybe some tribulus or dhea? What can help me get more horny lol. I know there are alot of options for me to explore, but what works good for you guys? As far as workouts and energy and all that stuff I'm doing great. Looking good and feeling good. I just wish I was more horny. Please help guys.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Plenty of libido supplements,

But has your endo dead-ended you on this? No suggestions or trying things out?

My endo worked with me about 6-8 months and libido was slow to return but it definitely did

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah bro my endo sucks. I learned about trt on my own. I started the therapy paying outta pocket, switched to an endo who only prescribes test without hcg or adex. I get my hcg and adex through another clinic. She wanted me on 100mg per week which would have me low as ****. She seems to think that a test level over 800 will cause polycythemia and liver failure lol. You guys outta know libido is tricky as hell. So I'm looking for different things that people have tried.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It's hard to find a good endo, truly, Mine had me on transdermals, Androgel, it was a very long bounce back but libido is fully firing.

I never had to try injections, but there is zero ups/downs on this route compared to what I hear of injections

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Maybe try adding DHEA and pregnenolone after getting your levels tested first. Might wanna stop the arimidex for a little while to see how that makes you feel. I've had libido issues ever since I started trt. Actually the first month was good, then downhill from there.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm. I'm going in for bloodwork next week. If my prolactin is higher, I'm gonna assume that is possibly the issue. I know my test and e2 is in a good place. If prolactin isn't the issue, I'm thinking of lowering my test dose to 100mg once per week while I run clomid at 50mg a day to get some stimulation and see if that helps. Other than that I was wondering if natural test boosters that make you horny would help with libido but I wasn't sure if it doesn't work if ur already on TRT

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Hmm. I'm going in for bloodwork next week. If my prolactin is higher, I'm gonna assume that is possibly the issue. I know my test and e2 is in a good place. If prolactin isn't the issue, I'm thinking of lowering my test dose to 100mg once per week while I run clomid at 50mg a day to get some stimulation and see if that helps. Other than that I was wondering if natural test boosters that make you horny would help with libido but I wasn't sure if it doesn't work if ur already on TRT
Try 50mg twice per week. And I'm not sure if clomid will work if you're on TRT. Only if you're coming off

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yes I have read up on caber. I don't wanna use it unless my prolactin really is outta whack. Plus I heard caber is also bad for your heart.
I used prescription caber to lower prolactin before I started trt. Made me feel awesome actually, and from what I've read you have to take a lot to run into heart valve issues.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used prescription caber to lower prolactin before I started trt. Made me feel awesome actually, and from what I've read you have to take a lot to run into heart valve issues.
Could you specify how high your prolactin was, and how much caber lowered it? And also, what dose did you do?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Could you specify how high your prolactin was, and how much caber lowered it? And also, what dose did you do?
I can't remember the number, it was around 80 I think. The caber was .5 mg twice per week. Was on it for a month or two

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
You asked for supplements. I strongly suggest Diesel Test Pro Cycle or Diesel Test Hardcore. If I knew his username, I would tag him. He would probably recommend you stack it with another of his sups. I'm thinking Raw Test.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Yes I have read up on caber. I don't wanna use it unless my prolactin really is outta whack. Plus I heard caber is also bad for your heart.
Cabergoline is very effective; the most effective bar none for lowering Prolactin level. It's effects on the heart including valvulopathy and myocyte / atrial function alterations are due to it's actions at the 5-HT (Serotonin) level...because cabergoline directly activates the 2B-receptor ; it is thus associated with heart valve issues and such.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21518772
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23606928
http://www.eje-online.org/content/159/4/363.full

You can use pramipexole or requip to avoid these issues as neither of these drugs have serotonin-receptor-affinity.

In regards to your libido , OP, you can use a *MILD* glutamatergic agent such as Cnidium Monnieri extract...it's possible that your issue is not related to hormones and may, actually, be involved with the neuro-endocrine pathways such as dopamine, glutamate etc...dopamine is responsible for inhibiting prolactin release so you may want to try something like mucuna pruriens extract etc

http://area1255.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-answer-to-your-questions-why.html

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got my blood work back. So very interesting.
Total test 925
Free test 919
Shbg 26
PROLACTIN 6!!!
ESTRADIOL 5!!!!!

I'm beginning to think I been going too hard on the anastrozole.
Current regiment is 200mg cyp every week. (100mg every 3 and a half days)
.5 mg anastrozole every other day
And I just added 250iu hcg Mon through Friday, but I wasn't using the hcg yet when i got the blood taken. I think I am gonna cut the anastrozole in half and do .25mg every other day and let me estradiol build back up. That's probably my issue. What do you guys think?

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Just got my blood work back. So very interesting.
Total test 925
Free test 919
Shbg 26
PROLACTIN 6!!!
ESTRADIOL 5!!!!!

I'm beginning to think I been going too hard on the anastrozole.
Current regiment is 200mg cyp every week. (100mg every 3 and a half days)
.5 mg anastrozole every other day
And I just added 250iu hcg Mon through Friday, but I wasn't using the hcg yet when i got the blood taken. I think I am gonna cut the anastrozole in half and do .25mg every other day and let me estradiol build back up. That's probably my issue. What do you guys think?
Standard ng/dl Vol test? not E2 sebsut?
It could be estradiol for sure.
Especially given the remarkable change in Prolactin from last post to Now.