Vitamin d3 experience

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I've been dosing 5000 IU's a day for six weeks. I have to say my bodybuilding and strength endeavors have vastly improved. I'm stronger, leaner, bigger, and am sleeping at night better. However, I have had a heavy increase in anxiety and my libido and morning wood are quite diminished. I recently read that higher doses of magnesium and vitamin K are mandatory when mega dosing d3. I just started taking 1500 mg magnesium a day and am dosing the K per label directions. Anybody experience anything similar?

jaylongjohn

Awards
Vitamin d3, didn't know it gave that much strength gains! Good to hear they finally have a new product out after the pro hormone ban. I'm going to have to cycle this, of course with proper cycle support and a pct and maybe test base. I don't wanna get shutdown like you

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin d3, didn't know it gave that much strength gains! Good to hear they finally have a new product out after the pro hormone ban. I'm going to have to cycle this, of course with proper cycle support and a pct and maybe test base. I don't wanna get shutdown like you
Huh? What are you talking about? D3 is natural. You can get it from various foods and natural sunlight. I'm not shutdown. D3 depletes magnesium stores, which is why people get sides from megadosing. You are clueless on this. Read up before you post something so asinine

jaylongjohn

Awards
D3 is all natty? How's the strength gains? Do you think this will stack well in my next pct after cycle for keeping gains?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I took vitamin D my bench went from 225 to 405 in just 2 weeks!!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
D3 is not a compound to joke about. I definitely would not trust an OTC serm to deal with the sides so be sure to have a good source for pharma grade or just say no to D3.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Also obviously need test base as previously said

jaylongjohn

Awards
toddmuelheim do you think I need letro to handle estro sides or is exemestane enough?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
toddmuelheim do you think I need letro to handle estro sides or is exemestane enough?
This is not some mild PH run brofessor. It's Letro or be prepared to basically turn into a female.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5,000 iu daily here, keeps me from getting cold/flu in this Midwest weather. It's really a great vitamin.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
5,000 iu daily here, keeps me from getting cold/flu in this Midwest weather. It's really a great vitamin.
Do you take extra magnesium in conjunction with D3? I've been getting some sides that I'm hoping will vanish since I started 1500 mg magnesium chelate today.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitamin D completely shut down my testosterone production. .. I had to start trt!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thunder13

Awards
Vidapreta......how much Vitamin dosages,etc ? I was doing BOTH Vitamin D3 and C..mainly for immune boosting, but I was and am aware D is a steroid hormone, not just a vitamin. Thanx
No worries if you follow it up by taking vitamin E, it reverses all the damage from the vitamins D and C

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would not recommend vitamin D unless vitamin d 1,25 and vitamin D 25 OH, RBC magnesium, CMP are completed. As oral vitamin D in specific situations can increase inflammation. There is a new vitamin D called Primal D which is topical which mimics the actions of the vitamin D from the sun not oral. I actually have been recommending many doctors to reconsidering vitamin D supplementation in general. Many of them have stop recommending to their patients

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would not recommend vitamin D unless vitamin d 1,25 and vitamin D 25 OH, RBC magnesium, CMP are completed. As oral vitamin D in specific situations can increase inflammation. There is a new vitamin D called Primal D which is topical which mimics the actions of the vitamin D from the sun not oral. I actually have been recommending many doctors to reconsidering vitamin D supplementation in general. Many of them have stop recommending to their patients
Is this for real? The topical? If you recommend this I'm getting some ASAP

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can you give some examples when Vitamin D can increase Inflammation, having UC this is relevant to me as I supplement with Vitamin D.

Thunder13

Awards
Thanks ALL.. matrix and Mr. TT as well.. yes I aware of this with the inflammation rise possibly occurring. Had bloods drawn 2 days ago @ Quest labs waiting on results It is a Full spectrum panel pretty much.. includes the aforementioned ones I do try to stay around 80 and no higher.. we'll see in how I did soon and will post.. The topical Vitamin D sounds interesting though
Watch the VIDEO, and be careful that you do not push your storage D3 levels above 80 (range 30-100).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF24xmJQK1k

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160567/

I follow a specific guidelines I was taught by a LLMD. I have been using for the past several years and it also was able to help identify hidden lyme in several hundred cases which slipped through traditional doctors. Doctors were looking like I had 2 heads when I first starting mentioning it. Now doctors globally I consult with are now implementing these guidelines into their chronically ill patients and are starting to see the blood work and symptoms start to correspond.

Jsmcougar68

Awards
My vitamin D is so low now that I'm shutdown completely unless I go outside in the sun or take a supplement

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin d may lower as a protective mechanism same as ferritin also suspecting magnesium as well. It may be providing clues to hidden issues which I often see in doctors patients

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Magnesium will fix the anxiety. Happens to me every time I dose vitamin D. 300 mg of chelated mag knocks it right out. Also take k2 with it

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I've read that one should supplement 500 mg of magnesium for every 1000 IU's of d3. So at 5000 IU's, 2500 mg magnesium should be taken. That seems like a ridiculous amount. Plus, you would have to up your calcium since magnesium uses up calcium. You would run into some problems if calcium stores were depleted. Insomnia and irregular heartbeat amongst other things would manifest

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You read wrong..That information is invalid and potentially dangerous
We are already over loaded in calcium and iron intracellular from all the fortified crap put into our food.
Too much magnesium dumps potassium. My fiancee who is a nurse was having abnormal heart patterns. We listen to her heart and I recognized the pattern. She was complaining of shortness of breath , low energy and cloudy thinking for over a week. I walked over to my supplements handed her an electrolyte drink potassium. With in 30 minutes her breathing and energy regulated. Heart patterns returned to normal. Point being too much of one nutrient can offset many others. Please cite your references

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
We are already over loaded in calcium and iron intracellular from all the fortified crap put into our food.
Too much magnesium dumps potassium. My fiancee who is a nurse was having abnormal heart patterns. We listen to her heart and I recognized the pattern. She was complaining of shortness of breath , low energy and cloudy thinking for over a week. I walked over to my supplements handed her an electrolyte drink potassium. With in 30 minutes her breathing and energy regulated. Heart patterns returned to normal. Point being too much of one nutrient can offset many others. Please cite your references
#truth we can set off dangerous cascades by over supplementing...it's a fine line to walk

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
#truth we can set off dangerous cascades by over supplementing...it's a fine line to walk
In reality its a pretty thick line, people are just really prone to taking things to the extreme in just about everything.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
What ratios of vitamin d3 and magnesium do you suggest? I was doing 5000 IU's of d3 for 3 months and I noticed my sleep quality was fantastic. However, I felt low energy during the day and experienced blood pressure spikes and anxiety. I began taking 2500 mg chelated magnesium per day while simultaneously dropping d3 for a few days and was then hit hard with insomnia. The anxiety and BP issues vanished though. I really want to get back on d3 again for the great sleep it gave me

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
General rule of thumb for magnesium is to increase the dose until your stool softens, then dial it back.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You get tested for RBC magnesium.
With challenging cases from doctors I do not play guessing games with people's health as one wrong move could be disastrous.
K2 is also needed for proper assimilation of vitamin D as well as natural sunlight,
Why I am looking to move people to Primal D vitamin D as it should avoid these issues

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
You get tested for RBC magnesium.
With challenging cases from doctors I do not play guessing games with people's health as one wrong move could be disastrous.
K2 is also needed for proper assimilation of vitamin D as well as natural sunlight,
Why I am looking to move people to Primal D vitamin D as it should avoid these issues
I'm going to get my vitamin D level checked. I see two I can purchase: 1,25 dihydroxy and 25-hydroxy. Which checks d3?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Both 25 hydrox is worthless with out 1,25 vitamin D

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tried to find primal D and can't find it in stock

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but if you want accuracy then you need the proper data and evaluations. I have been doing this over a decade. All doctors are recommended these vitamin d tests to be ran on their patients.