On HRT - high test -looking for supplement advise - should I have an anti E around?

chlorella

Awards
On Axiron - 12 hrs after application, my test was 1250 so I think it's much higher after I apply it.

Should I have an anti E on hand or give one a try?

I'm also interested in playing around with supplements again.
What's good to try while on HRT?
I've used a small amount of viron and DTHC for a few days and it seems like these kind of supplements are very effective now.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I would blood test my E2 and FT first. (maybe add SHBG, DHT, DHEAs)
Have you read about supplementing DHEA and Preg while on TRT?

chlorella

Awards
No - I haven't read about DHEA and Preg while on TRT.
I've gotten a little bigger and harder but I'm thinking there must be something more.
I havn't had my e2, FT and others tested yet.
Doc is ordering T only and I kind of don't want to say much more B/C I'm just thankful he's willing to keep my T levels high.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No - I haven't read about DHEA and Preg while on TRT.
I've gotten a little bigger and harder but I'm thinking there must be something more.
I havn't had my e2, FT and others tested yet.
Doc is ordering T only and I kind of don't want to say much more B/C I'm just thankful he's willing to keep my T levels high.
Higher T levels doesn't mean better. You need to get blood work done to have your E2 checked. It could easily go up with your T levels that high. High T levels over extended periods can cause a multitude of health problems.

chlorella

Awards
latest labs flagged as low --- ~250--- not sure what to think...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Axiron has piss poor delivery and need to try a different gel or get one compounded 5-10% of people do not absorb gels..

chlorella

Awards
Thanks for the response --- does it make any sense though that I'd be at 1250 -flagged as high- then 6m later flagged as low at ~250???
This time, I did take a shower 2 hrs after my pm dose but that should have been fine according to their info. A few months ago, I really felt like it was a little too high - but lately it feels like it's low.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would go back to the doctor and discuss with them. If there is such a difference you should have it looked into.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the response --- does it make any sense though that I'd be at 1250 -flagged as high- then 6m later flagged as low at ~250???
This time, I did take a shower 2 hrs after my pm dose but that should have been fine according to their info. A few months ago, I really felt like it was a little too high - but lately it feels like it's low.
Your body may not be absorbing the gel anymore. Injections are the best delivery method.

chlorella

Awards
Thanks for the replies - I'm just trying to get an understanding of what happened before my next appt.

That_TRT_Guy

That_TRT_Guy

Awards
Axiron has piss poor delivery and need to try a different gel or get one compounded 5-10% of people do not absorb gels..
as Matrix said: Gels are a gamble.

Regardless: i think it is good to have a pharma AI on hand in case anything serious arises, and you are unable to get blood work in a timely manner

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
Topicals peak within 2-3 hours after application, your labs don't make a lot of sense so I would look it into it further with your provider. I like to add probiotics, multi, creatine, joint health/inflammation, Tribulus, fish oils, DIM, Calcium d-glucarate to my protocol. I wouldn't run an AI unless I was symptomatic.