TRT Tip: TRT Maintenance

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Have you tried exemestane? Seems to give more steady and stable suppression for most people. Also are you sure that is e2 fluctuation, with blood work to know? I'm almost wonder if it is other things that are presenting as standard high e2 symptoms.
    I've been on TRT for 10 years and do regular blood work. I'm pretty E2 sensitive and can tell when I'm off before having it confirmed with bloodwork. I haven't tried Exemestane though. On just Test I usually have no issues with E2 on my dose. Hcg tends to spike my E2.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicGuru View Post
    How frequently were you dosing your ai?
    I over respond to AI and typically can only take .25mg Arimidex or .625mg Letro without crushing my E2, so weekly. I'm happier letting it run slightly high than low due to the way I feel. On 600mg test .625mg Letro weekly had my E2 at 16. I had many test come back with no detectable E2 while on Letro.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    I've been on TRT for 10 years and do regular blood work. I'm pretty E2 sensitive and can tell when I'm off before having it confirmed with bloodwork. I haven't tried Exemestane though. On just Test I usually have no issues with E2 on my dose. Hcg tends to spike my E2.

I over respond to AI and typically can only take .25mg Arimidex or .625mg Letro without crushing my E2, so weekly. I'm happier letting it run slightly high than low due to the way I feel. On 600mg test .625mg Letro weekly had my E2 at 16. I had many test come back with no detectable E2 while on Letro.
    Ya but week to week fluxes aren't normal. That is what makes think that you may be experiencing bloating from diet or high/low cortisol symptoms.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Ya but week to week fluxes aren't normal. That is what makes think that you may be experiencing bloating from diet or high/low cortisol symptoms.
    I've done weekly testing to confirm. For guys on long term TRT week to week fluctuations can be more common than expected. That's why many strive for a dosing protocol that doesn't require an AI.

*edit, part of my issue is very low SHBG. It causes high free T leading to E2 spikes but I also over respond to AI because of it.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    I've done weekly testing to confirm. For guys on long term TRT week to week fluctuations can be more common than expected. That's why many strive for a dosing protocol that doesn't require an AI.
    Totally agree avoid an ai if possible for sure

5. Good read on how long it takes on TRT to experience improvements:
    http://www.defymedical.com/resources...o-show-effects
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
    •   

6. I just started my protocol.

100mg test cyp twice a week, pin days are Wed and Sat (200mg weekly)
    No DHEA or Pregnenolone (yet)
    No AI (yet)

I love how I feel! It's truly a great feeling and I look forward to getting bloodwork done in a couple months to see where I'm at. I would like to know my e2 levels and dhea-s levels mostly so I know whether I should start supplementing with an AI or DHEA.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    I just started my protocol.

100mg test cyp twice a week, pin days are Wed and Sat (200mg weekly)
    No DHEA or Pregnenolone (yet)
    No AI (yet)

I love how I feel! It's truly a great feeling and I look forward to getting bloodwork done in a couple months to see where I'm at. I would like to know my e2 levels and dhea-s levels mostly so I know whether I should start supplementing with an AI or DHEA.
    How long ago did you start?

8. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicGuru View Post
    How long ago did you start?
    A week ago!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    A week ago!
    Same, I'm about a week and a half in at 150mg per week

10. I'd be very surprised if you were feeling much after only a week on. It's not out of the question, but typically it's 3-4 weeks to see mood and libido improvements begin. It's also somewhat dose dependent as a single high dose will show effects faster. That is why many doctors will load up in the beginning and then taper to the maintenance dose.

Keep tabs on what you think you are feeling now and then reevaluate in 5-6 weeks from now.

11. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I'd be very surprised if you were feeling much after only a week on. It's not out of the question, but typically it's 3-4 weeks to see mood and libido improvements begin. It's also somewhat dose dependent as a single high dose will show effects faster. That is why many doctors will load up in the beginning and then taper to the maintenance dose.

Keep tabs on what you think you are feeling now and then reevaluate in 5-6 weeks from now.
    Yea 1 week is definitely too soon lol

12. anybody use Sub Q dosing instead of IM?

I'm realizing that I don't mind doing Sub Q shots, but IM shots kinda bother me.

13. Quote Originally Posted by CatSnake View Post
    anybody use Sub Q dosing instead of IM?

I'm realizing that I don't mind doing Sub Q shots, but IM shots kinda bother me.
    I'm the other way around; I prefer IM to SubQ

14. Quote Originally Posted by CatSnake View Post
    anybody use Sub Q dosing instead of IM?

I thought with Test you were supposed to do IM shots?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    I thought with Test you were supposed to do IM shots?
    IM is way more common but there are people that prefer SubQ, but it seems to be more common with trt. I have to pin 2ml SubQ every 14 days for my eczema and it's a lot less convenient than IM shots, especially when I'm pushing 2ml through a tiny little needle.

16. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicGuru View Post
    IM is way more common but there are people that prefer SubQ, but it seems to be more common with trt. I have to pin 2ml SubQ every 14 days for my eczema and it's a lot less convenient than IM shots, especially when I'm pushing 2ml through a tiny little needle.
    oh ok. yea i can imagine that being inconvenient.

17. I am 50 y.o. and I am on 0.5 CL of Test Cyp per week. That's it.
    Watching Hematocrit as it was at 50.3 just out of the range recently. Check my heart yearly so far so good but I am concerned a bit.

18. Here is what my endo has prescribed. I've been on the androderm patch 4mg for 2 months. I have a 3 month followup at the end of the month. I feel only marginally better than prior to starting therapy. Its been been a struggle to get to this point for me. It took me 7 months and too many Dr appts to get treatment for all the symptom's I have. Even with recurring total T numbers @205-210 the Dr's have been slow to address my condition. The first endo I met with said that @47 y/o my numbers were low but not concerning. Also said my low SHBG was contributing to my symptoms. Dr's here in Massachusetts that I'm dealing with are horrid.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Sbell71 View Post
    Here is what my endo has prescribed. I've been on the androderm patch 4mg for 2 months. I have a 3 month followup at the end of the month. I feel only marginally better than prior to starting therapy. Its been been a struggle to get to this point for me. It took me 7 months and too many Dr appts to get treatment for all the symptom's I have. Even with recurring total T numbers @205-210 the Dr's have been slow to address my condition. The first endo I met with said that @47 y/o my numbers were low but not concerning. Also said my low SHBG was contributing to my symptoms. Dr's here in Massachusetts that I'm dealing with are horrid.
    Fire your doctor. Go to the FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion and find a doctor. Also visit A4M dot com and look for a doctor in your area. Telemedicine with Entourage Hormones or Defy Medical is worth investigating.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

20. 120-140 mgs weekly

20 mgs most days 10 mgs some days sub-q
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

21. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Fire your doctor. Go to the FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion and find a doctor. Also visit A4M dot com and look for a doctor in your area. Telemedicine with Entourage Hormones or Defy Medical is worth investigating.
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to push for a switch to test cyp on the 25th. In the meantime I'm going to look at Defy. Any idea of the monthly cost? Do they accept insurance from Massachusetts? Sorry I should just go research now. Thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit
    By kenpoengineer in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-02-2017, 07:59 PM
  2. TRT Tip: Hair Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-24-2015, 01:38 AM
  3. TRT Tip: Estrogen Control Alternatives
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 08:16 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 05:24 PM
  5. Any tips for obtaining a Legit TRT script?
    By Jay V 24 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 01:00 PM