Wtf is going on...

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've been on trt for nearly 5 years now, and the past few months I've had no sex drive whatsoever. No morning erections, no drive, no excitement for life, just an overall blah feeling. Recently I noticed my facial hair is thinning, and my strength/stamina is decreasing. I get blood tests soon, something is definitely up though. I know the last time I had a blood panel my free testosterone was well below range, my total testosterone was fine, e2 was fine, hematocrit fine, dhea way below range. I still inject 50mg twice per week, I just don't get it, and none of the endos I've seen get it either. I've tried to raise my free test with herbs, nothing works. Can't really go the illegal route out of fear of jail time. Such an annoying and depressing situation, I've been battling this sh-t for years now.

kaycarter

Awards
Possible late onset diabetic.Do you miss a lot

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I wonder if my low free testosterone due to the fact I've been a bodybuilder for a long time, and I'm just using up the free test quickly? Maybe I need to have free testosterone checked the day after injection when it should be peaked instead of the morning before injection wgen it's low?

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
Get your cortisol levels checked. You may need an adrenal recharge.

kaycarter

Awards
Listen no doubt about your problem **** like this drove me bonkers.I do want you to know that guys like to brag so don't let people's mouth bother you.Understand half the ***** ripping bull**** you here is exactly that....BULL****...For me if I go to far over 1100 testo it will actually make me libido extinct.I found on me for sexual reasons I am better off around 650...700.I am sure this is not your problem but just wanted to tell you and I am sure you know how stories get blown up.I am a fisherman how bout you.Let some go let some stay make up your lies and call it a day.Good luck to you and hope all will be easily taken care of.HAPPY HOLIDAYS

kaycarter

Awards
Guy about cortisol is correct plus some things will actually not only affect estrogen but also PROGESTERONE forgive spelling.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use of Anastrozole can cause this as well.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My test enan expired in 2014, could that be a factor? It's pharma grade, prescription. I didn't think test really lost potency that quickly

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get your cortisol levels checked. You may need an adrenal recharge.
Your body is likely metabolizing test faster if your adrenals are low. I supplement with 25mg of hydrocortisone daily myself (tapered throughout the day) and use TD DHEA + PREG.

Adrenals play a big role

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What is your total test levels, and SHBG?
Last time I was tested my total test was like 550 before injection, haven't had SHBG tested for a while. Do you take hydrocortisone pills or something?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Last time I was tested my total test was like 550 before injection, haven't had SHBG tested for a while. Do you take hydrocortisone pills or something?
Yeah I buy 5mg hydrocortisone pills. I take two in the AM, 1 3 hours later, 1 3 hours after that then 1 pre-workout if I'm training in the evening. I have legitimate adrenal issues though. My DHEAS was waaay below range even before TRT.

Thunder13

Awards
Gutterpump... has the HC 5 mg pills helped you in any or many ways...? If DHEA is low does this usually mean adrenal issues...combined with Adrenal insufficiency symptoms ? Thank you

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump... has the HC 5 mg pills helped you in any or many ways...? If DHEA is low does this usually mean adrenal issues...combined with Adrenal insufficiency symptoms ? Thank you
Low DHEA can be a sign, but it tends to bottom out for those on TRT anyhow. I had mine checked for 2 years prior to starting TRT and my DHEAS was always under the range.

I had many signs of adrenal insufficiency. I'd get REALLY shaky after a workout, or during times of stress (arguments etc), and low energy.

I started with isocort but then put myself on 25mg hydrocortisone daily (tapered dose) and there's been a huge difference. I also stress dose, during illness or times of high stress, and it's helped me tremendously with dealing with stress, and energy levels.

Thunder13

Awards
Alright .thank you sooo much for the info and testimony. Im glad the HC has helped you. My DHEA is also bottom part of "normal range". Plus I also have multiple symptoms of adrenal issues, esp waking in middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep unless Benadryl. Guess adrenalin is releasing when I don't want it or need it to.! Im not on TRT currently..did a brief stint of it..but discontinued after 4-6 weeks. I don't appear to be shut down. Just using natty supps right now .

are they still manufacturing Isocort btw? also can you order the HC online ? I realize it is an RX still.. I believe.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright .thank you sooo much for the info and testimony. Im glad the HC has helped you. My DHEA is also bottom part of "normal range". Plus I also have multiple symptoms of adrenal issues, esp waking in middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep unless Benadryl. Guess adrenalin is releasing when I don't want it or need it to.! Im not on TRT currently..did a brief stint of it..but discontinued after 4-6 weeks. I don't appear to be shut down. Just using natty supps right now .

are they still manufacturing Isocort btw? also can you order the HC online ? I realize it is an RX still.. I believe.

It's very frustrating, Isocort has been discontinued. I am not sure why, but I'm really upset about it. It was my fall back in case I ever ran out of HC and couldn't get more for a couple weeks or so. I order my HC from India (2 week shipping), without a script, and have never had it stopped by customs. Customs has also inspected my parcels from them many times. Not a problem importing small amounts of personal meds. These aren't controlled substances either, so it's very easy to get.

And yes you are very right about adrenaline!! When the body runs out of cortisol, or is low, it produces adrenaline instead.

Have you looked into a product called AdrenoSurge? It's a great natty supp that I take during higher times of stress, alongside my regular HC protocol.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
By supplementing HC one is may be masking something else. Cortisol is being depleted for a reason, by using HC it may make you feel better, but may be creating other issues. I see this all the times in cases. When you address the person unless there is a clinical pituitary issue from proper medical diagnosis HC is not necessary. Even in the more complex cases, I suggest doctors to hold off and use it as last resort if things do not improve in 4-8 weeks. There are better options out there. Self medicating is one of the worse things you can do as it may create a down stream effect on other hormones especially aldosterone, and DHEA. By resetting the natural circaden pattern one can being the adrenal glands back on line very easily with out resorting to HC. When ever there is a case with HC, I try to work with their doctor to get them off as soon as possible by working to address the person not the symptoms.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
By supplementing HC one is may be masking something else. Cortisol is being depleted for a reason, by using HC it may make you feel better, but may be creating other issues. I see this all the times in cases. When you address the person unless there is a clinical pituitary issue from proper medical diagnosis HC is not necessary. Even in the more complex cases, I suggest doctors to hold off and use it as last resort if things do not improve in 4-8 weeks. There are better options out there. Self medicating is one of the worse things you can do as it may create a down stream effect on other hormones especially aldosterone, and DHEA. By resetting the natural circaden pattern one can being the adrenal glands back on line very easily with out resorting to HC. When ever there is a case with HC, I try to work with their doctor to get them off as soon as possible by working to address the person not the symptoms.
My DHEA was already below the bottom of the range before starting HC, it was very very low. I've been on HC for 5-6 years straight now. Do you think it's possible for me to come off now after this time?

FWIW, I have a pituitary microadenoma, and testicular varicocele, and I am on TRT now. But I started treating adrenals before going on TRT.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess The Matrix wants me to pay him for further advice since he's a consultant. I've been fine on 25mg of HC for years. It's only a supplemental dosage, and many MANY people with adrenal issues follow this protocol for adrenal support.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I guess The Matrix wants me to pay him for further advice since he's a consultant. I've been fine on 25mg of HC for years. It's only a supplemental dosage, and many MANY people with adrenal issues follow this protocol for adrenal support.
Can you message me with info? For some reason I can't send messages

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can you message me with info? For some reason I can't send messages
Sure no problem. Is your inbox full? What sort of info are you looking for specifically? Lemme see if I can send you a PM.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lexmuscle has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
howwedo107 Nutrition / Health 4
Cwaynemash Anabolics 23
Supplements 59