Any good reads on Testosterone?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just so I can be informed.

I read it is highest in the day assuming a good night's sleep. Does that mean our bodies reduce production throughout the day because they are involved in other functions or because the reservoir when we awaken is used throughout the day?

Why is T highest when we awaken? Body at rest? No stress?

What are the different types of T's and what do they mean? I read DHT is considered the King of Testosterone-whatever that means but it is fast dissipating. My DHT is very high and my Dr. said that was great. My free T is mid range. Then there is T3. Is total T by itself important or does it need to be viewed with SHBG, E levels,etc. Are there other Testosterones?

Is working out later in the day, late afternoon to early evening hours, the better option in terms of increasing testosterone as opposed to early a.m workouts?

How much is T increased by squatting, DLs, compounds?

How much of a difference does diet make and what type of dietary intake- animal protein vs. vegetable protein. Where do fats come into the mix? I read cholesterol is good for T-levels.

Well, you see what I am asking.

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
Just so I can be informed.

I read it is highest in the day assuming a good night's sleep. Does that mean our bodies reduce production throughout the day because they are involved in other functions or because the reservoir when we awaken is used throughout the day?

Why is T highest when we awaken? Body at rest? No stress?

What are the different types of T's and what do they mean? I read DHT is considered the King of Testosterone-whatever that means but it is fast dissipating. My DHT is very high and my Dr. said that was great. My free T is mid range. Then there is T3. Is total T by itself important or does it need to be viewed with SHBG, E levels,etc. Are there other Testosterones?

Is working out later in the day, late afternoon to early evening hours, the better option in terms of increasing testosterone as opposed to early a.m workouts?

How much is T increased by squatting, DLs, compounds?

How much of a difference does diet make and what type of dietary intake- animal protein vs. vegetable protein. Where do fats come into the mix? I read cholesterol is good for T-levels.

Well, you see what I am asking.
Nelson Vergel wrote a book on testosterone - it's a really good read!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
Actually, Nelson has authored two outstanding books on testosterone and anabolics; one of which he wrote for an audience living with HIV and how anabolics can not only enhance their quality of life, but really prolong life. I have read that book and will say, as a man who does not have HIV, but a hunger for knowledge pertaining to anabolics, this book is just as informative for those who do not have HIV or any other muscle wasting conditions. Nelson really digs deep and explains how to safely introduce anabolics to your life.