Testosterone levels

amdd1124

Awards
I've been seeing an Endo lately to try and move my test levels up, he is a good doctor but a little old school. My overall numbers are:

Total test - 281 ng/dl
Free test - 73.3 pg/ml

The free test looks pretty normal, and the total is on the lower side but clinically normal according to him. My question is...is there a big difference between total test of 280 and a total test of say 800? Or free test of 73 vs. 150?

He's not willing to go the TRT route so I'm trying to figure out if I should try an anti-aging clinic or if it wouldn't be worth the time and money since my levels are normal.

Thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been seeing an Endo lately to try and move my test levels up, he is a good doctor but a little old school. My overall numbers are:

Total test - 281 ng/dl
Free test - 73.3 pg/ml

The free test looks pretty normal, and the total is on the lower side but clinically normal according to him. My question is...is there a big difference between total test of 280 and a total test of say 800? Or free test of 73 vs. 150?

He's not willing to go the TRT route so I'm trying to figure out if I should try an anti-aging clinic or if it wouldn't be worth the time and money since my levels are normal.

Thanks
What are the reference ranges for your levels?

amdd1124

Awards
Hi sammpedd88 - here are the ranges:

Total test: 250 - 1100 ng/dl
Free test: 35 - 155 pg/ml

Initial Total test back in September was 186 ng/dl but it was taken in the afternoon so my endo wanted another test, which came back at 281.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you asked about taking clomid to attempt to restart you natural production? May be a good starting point

amdd1124

Awards
No I haven't but I will bring it up the next time I meet with him. Thanks.