What can I expect physically? (pictures included)

LeonLeon83

Awards
I know have made several threads recently! But it's because I am excited, and I don't know where else to ask these questions. Ever since I found out I have low T I've read about the topic non stop. I started a half dosis treatment 4 days ago. I already feel sexual desire in a way I've never felt before. And I've for the first time in my adult life not felt tired all day. It's pretty remarkable. And I am currently only on half dosis Testim 50mg. I will eventually be on 1 full dosis.

I know it looks like I don't work out at all. My body is ugly. But I've actually lifted weights for 7 years. I exercise 4-5 times a week. I run marathons (did my last one 3 months ago). And I watch everything I eat. I eat clean 95% of the time.

My question is if people think I will see improvements physically? I will continue to train 4-5 times a week (running mixed with weight lifting). I have no desire to be totally ripped, or big as a house. I would just like a body where I am not ashamed to take my shirt off at the beach. I've had breast tissue removed surgically once, and I know I will have to get it done again at some point. My estrogene levels are normal according to my doctor.

I have NEVER used anything. I swear. This is an issue I've had since puberty. I am 32 years old now and it is nuts it took so long for me to go to the doctor. I had just learned to live with it.

12032290_10156094078235383_819860286_n.jpg

12041852_10156094078315383_664768566_n.jpg

12042051_10156094078455383_1422144389_n.jpg

12049019_10156094078040383_436133287_n.jpg

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
It depends on your diet. I found that efforts to lose fat were more productive since i didn't lose muscle as easily.

LeonLeon83

Awards
I am very focused on eating healthy. Been eating healthy for years but nothing I've done has changed my body much, which is why I am curious if T will help me physically. Every male in my family have thick strong facial hair growth. I almost only got a face full of those soft hairs teens get. I am also curious if those hairs will get beard like thick on T, like how the rest of my family has it

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
OP...I would have suggest that you first get a full hormone panel... (LH, FSH, DHT,E2, FT, TT, SHBG, DHEAs, etc.)

Has Klinefelter Syndrome been considered?

LeonLeon83

Awards
Hey. I looked up Klinefelter Syndrome. I can relate to many of the symptoms, except my estrogene level is completely normal according to my doctor, and my genialts are fully developed. I have most likely had low T my entire adulthood and I've only been on T for 5 days thus far. I feel MUCH less tires and I feel more sexual desire. But obviously physical changes would not have occured in just 5 days.

But thanks for the response. I had not heard about klinefelters syndrome before.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
If your diet is healthy and correcy calories for your activities then i would think there is more going on. I have had low test for at least ten years and body composition was better than yours once i did correct diet. Since starting trt it has improved more quickly.

LeonLeon83

Awards
If your diet is healthy and correcy calories for your activities then i would think there is more going on. I have had low test for at least ten years and body composition was better than yours once i did correct diet. Since starting trt it has improved more quickly.
But have you had a normal amount of T at any time previously? Because I am (as are my doctors) very confident that I have always had low T. So perhaps the years where you had normal levels of T you were able to develop the body better and therefore the 10 years with low t you body didn't deteriorate to a point where it is the same as someone who has never had normal levels? I can imagine especially going through puberty with low T has an affect on how your body looks afterwards.

Also what were your levels at when you started TRT?

LeonLeon83

Awards
I just really am curious how this TRT will affect my body. I hope it will make my body react better to my training. I run a lot. I do marathons. I mean I do all I can do physically and diet wise. Unless I straight up start starving myself which I am not going to do.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
But have you had a normal amount of T at any time previously? Because I am (as are my doctors) very confident that I have always had low T. So perhaps the years where you had normal levels of T you were able to develop the body better and therefore the 10 years with low t you body didn't deteriorate to a point where it is the same as someone who has never had normal levels? I can imagine especially going through puberty with low T has an affect on how your body looks afterwards.

Also what were your levels at when you started TRT?

I have no idea what my testosterone levels were before i realized i had numerous symptoms of low test, i took it for granted that being weak and soft was normal. When I finally started exploring testosterone I was initially tested at 318 total test in my mid 30s. That was when i started working out to try and improve my health. The years prior to that I did not exercise, i had a bad diet and shoe to live an unhealthy life. I NEVER had a muscular good looking physique. Once i started eating a lot better, exercising i made significant changes over 6 years with low test levels, what spurred me to get real medical help was seeing a person with high levels make as many changes in one year as I had in 3.

I was able to bench press 300 lbs, squat 400 and deadlift 475 with test levels of 300. Since I have started therapy i have gotten to 331 bench, 425 squat, and 551 dead.

I do not believe low test is the only reason that your body looks as it does. Proper diet, decent exercise and treatable levels of low test can still produce improvements. There may be more going on OR your diet etc is not nearly as good as you think.

MBZ

Awards
As stated there could be more going on medically, but it would help also if you could clarify what you mean by a good diet. Eating clean is one thing, but eating for your ideal body composition can be an entirely different ball game than simply eating "clean".

What is your tdee and how many total calories are you consuming? How many grams of protein, carbs and fats per day do you consume? Have you tried significantly lower carbs to test if you may be more sensitive to them?

Lots of possibilities and the more information you provide, the more everyone can help.

As far as your original question, IF your diet and routine are in check, trt can certainly make it easier to accomplish your goals. That has been my experience any how.

LeonLeon83

Awards
I have no idea what my testosterone levels were before i realized i had numerous symptoms of low test, i took it for granted that being weak and soft was normal. When I finally started exploring testosterone I was initially tested at 318 total test in my mid 30s. That was when i started working out to try and improve my health. The years prior to that I did not exercise, i had a bad diet and shoe to live an unhealthy life. I NEVER had a muscular good looking physique. Once i started eating a lot better, exercising i made significant changes over 6 years with low test levels, what spurred me to get real medical help was seeing a person with high levels make as many changes in one year as I had in 3.

I was able to bench press 300 lbs, squat 400 and deadlift 475 with test levels of 300. Since I have started therapy i have gotten to 331 bench, 425 squat, and 551 dead.

I do not believe low test is the only reason that your body looks as it does. Proper diet, decent exercise and treatable levels of low test can still produce improvements. There may be more going on OR your diet etc is not nearly as good as you think.
With all due respect I know that my diet is good. I have extensive knowledge accumulated over the years about diet. So I guess something more than lack of testosterone going on then. We will see where this T treatment will take me. 5 days in I've felt things I've never felt in my life before. I always thought it was normal to be completely exhausted all day long. 5 days in and the exhaustion is gone and it has steadily become better and better for each day. I've never felt biological attraction to girls, only intellectual attraction. After just 2 days in I felt a biological magnetic attraction to girls I met. It is quite extraordinary having these feelings when I have not felt them before.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
It's remarkable to see physical responses to testosterone in two days. It took me 6 months of injections to achieve normal levels.

Your physique does not appear to be responding to your efforts. It looks a lot like a friend i have who eats fast food and has never exercised. As much as i have learned about eating correctly in the past 9 years i know i have a lot to learn....

LeonLeon83

Awards
As stated there could be more going on medically, but it would help also if you could clarify what you mean by a good diet. Eating clean is one thing, but eating for your ideal body composition can be an entirely different ball game than simply eating "clean".

What is your tdee and how many total calories are you consuming? How many grams of protein, carbs and fats per day do you consume? Have you tried significantly lower carbs to test if you may be more sensitive to them?

Lots of possibilities and the more information you provide, the more everyone can help.

As far as your original question, IF your diet and routine are in check, trt can certainly make it easier to accomplish your goals. That has been my experience any how.
I cut out corn and starches a few years ago so I basically only get carbs through fruit I eat. And yes it changed quite a bit and was a good move. As far as how many grams of protein, then yes I am probably not as strict as I could be. I do not weigh my food. But a meal for me would be a lot of dark green food. Spinach, broccoli, kale along with other veggies. For protein I usually eat some ham or some chicken/turkey with about 100-110 kalorier pr 100 gram. I add acidity to my food to keep it interesting to eat in the shape of pickels or something sour like that. Typically 20 calories pr 100 gram. I never put dressing, or anything like that on. I always eat enough to not be hungry, but I seldom overeat. If I have to starve myself I rather just live with my body. I have no interest in taking it to that point. I have BTW lost 25 kilos years ago after I changed my diet.

When I train for a marathon I usually end up weighting 3-4 kilos less than I do on those pictures. But in the months up to the race I typically run between 10 and 15 kms 5 days a week. So that burns quite a lot of calories. However no matter how much weight I lose. I still have fat on my chest and on my belly

MBZ

Awards
I would be willing to bet if you made just a couple changes to your diet that you would start seeing the results that you are looking for. I don't mean starving your self either, quite the opposite.

Download an app like myfitnesspal or some food tracker and log what you eat for a couple of days. In the mean time, do a little research and learn what tdee is and how to find your maintenance.

Read about macronutrient ratios here in the nutrition section. Once you know your maintenance, eat just below it but with good healthy food in the proper macronutrient ratios. You will be amazed at not only the results you finally start to see, but also how much food it can feel like when you are eating that way.

Also, last thing I would like to say is that there is a huge difference between losing weight and burning fat.

Keep researching and good luck my friend!

LeonLeon83

Awards
It's remarkable to see physical responses to testosterone in two days. It took me 6 months of injections to achieve normal levels.

Your physique does not appear to be responding to your efforts. It looks a lot like a friend i have who eats fast food and has never exercised. As much as i have learned about eating correctly in the past 9 years i know i have a lot to learn....
I get a sense that you just don't buy my story. And that's fine. I know how I eat and how I exercise. I eat fast food maybe once a month at most. Almost all my meals are very clean. And exercise is a big part of my life. Your reaction is what have been some of the most depressing for me when it comes to people I meet. I constantly have to prove myself because my body looks like that of someone that eats junkfood and doesn't work out. It is tough putting a lot of work in and then people discrediting you because of how you look.

I was very surprised about the quick affect as well. I am fully aware that it might be placebo. I actually decided to google it. And I found studies confirming what I had felt. Several studies said that patients felt a sexual response first and that most felt the most drastic change of sexual desire within the first 7 days of treatment. Which correlated with what I have felt. Most patients have a response to the treatment within the first 2 weeks. Again.. I am a man of science and I am aware that this could either just be a dopamin kick or placebo.

LeonLeon83

Awards
I would be willing to bet if you made just a couple changes to your diet that you would start seeing the results that you are looking for. I don't mean starving your self either, quite the opposite.

Download an app like myfitnesspal or some food tracker and log what you eat for a couple of days. In the mean time, do a little research and learn what tdee is and how to find your maintenance.

Read about macronutrient ratios here in the nutrition section. Once you know your maintenance, eat just below it but with good healthy food in the proper macronutrient ratios. You will be amazed at not only the results you finally start to see, but also how much food it can feel like when you are eating that way.

Also, last thing I would like to say is that there is a huge difference between losing weight and burning fat.

Keep researching and good luck my friend!
Thanks. Yeah I have been trying to solve this riddle for 20 years. I have made changes and changes again and again when it comes to diet and training with mediocre success. I thought I had found the solution to the riddle when I saw my test results from the doctor.

So of course it is demotivating to hear the responses that T probably only plays a very minor role physically. But reality is reality. So I just have to deal with it.

MBZ

Awards
Unfortunately, due to personal genetics, some people simply have to work harder to achieve their physique goals. You seem to be one of those people.

What that means is that simply eating clean may not be enough. Some people can get away with that and look good. Others, myself included, have to put much thought and consideration towards diet. I weigh my food, I eat what my body NEEDS to fuel the stress I put it through and growth or fat loss that I desire. I want it bad enough, so to me it is worth the extra work I must do to achieve it. It may not be worth it to you.

But there is a huge difference between eating clean and eating for your goals. There's just no way around that brother. No need to get mad at the cards you've been dealt. Just decide whether you want it bad enough. If the extra effort that you will have to put into this to achieve your goals are worth it to you.

If you do want it, there are plenty of very helpful people on this site who can help you learn what you need to accomplish your goals.

LeonLeon83

Awards
Unfortunately, due to personal genetics, some people simply have to work harder to achieve their physique goals. You seem to be one of those people.

What that means is that simply eating clean may not be enough. Some people can get away with that and look good. Others, myself included, have to put much thought and consideration towards diet. I weigh my food, I eat what my body NEEDS to fuel the stress I put it through and growth or fat loss that I desire. I want it bad enough, so to me it is worth the extra work I must do to achieve it. It may not be worth it to you.

But there is a huge difference between eating clean and eating for your goals. There's just no way around that brother. No need to get mad at the cards you've been dealt. Just decide whether you want it bad enough. If the extra effort that you will have to put into this to achieve your goals are worth it to you.

If you do want it, there are plenty of very helpful people on this site who can help you learn what you need to accomplish your goals.
Yeah you are right. I appreciate the advice. I am not mad at the cards I have been delt, as most of the cards are rather good. The body card is just the exception hehe. I am going to try and work out and eat the way I do currently and see if the T will make a difference. And if 6 months down the line there has been no difference. I either have to just live with it, or try and do as you do and weigh and calculate the food very strictly. I have a couple of half marathons and a full marathon lined up, so I will try and move my focus away from my body and just focus on getting in the best shape for those runs.

For me the body part is by far the least important part of the T treatment for me. The mental aspect is the reason I went to the doctor. The constant exhaustion, the lack of sexual desire, the brain fog ect.

rphash49

Awards
I hate to repeat what has already been said but low T is not your only problem if you train hard 4+ times a week and your diet is on point. If you are not counting calories I encourage you to give it a try. You may be the exception but in my experience when someone says they eat right but can't lose weight it's because the diet is not strict enough with too many cheat meals, snacks etc. Fyi - I have low t issues, I'm older than you and I have a 6 pack. Not trying to brag just saying low T is not your only problem. If your diet and training are on point my statement is the same. Low t is not your only problem. I didnt read everything above but have you checked your thyroid? Get a full blood test. Good luck bro.

j4ever41

Awards
figure out your maintenance calories and buy yourself a scale, then formulate yourself a daily meal plan to meet your goals.

LeonLeon83

Awards
trt improve.png

I have noticed a big chance in my physic in just a couple of weeks though. I will say I have increased my cardio too. I run 12 km every day at the moment. However I find it difficult to believe that TRT has not played a role in it, since I have never experienced progress like this in such a short amount of time.

Before I was constantly tired all day. Even a train ride for 25 minutes would mean I had to lay down and rest a little bit afterwards. Everything exhausted me. Every workout was pure hell. Now I feel like I have plenty of energy most of the day. So it has probably allowed me to work out harder as well.