prostate health supps

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what are you guys taking so you are not in the bathroom every ten minutes?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check with your physician if it's due to BPH or oder conditions. In the meanwhile pumpkin seed/seed oil. saw palmetto might help.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
If your going that often then it's either due to a supplement your taking or something medical, always best to see a Doc. I've never noticed much of nothing from Prostate supps.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not really going every ten minutes..but going alot more than normal since i been on trt

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Stop caffeine if you are consuming it

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
take in about 300mg of caffeine daily...but never had a prob with it.....guess ill start getting rid of it

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
And how long you been doing that amount of caffeine? I recieved a case of stage 4 prostate cancer metastasizing to the bone. First words of my mouth "doez he drink more then 3 cups of coffee". Their response was 5-6 cups for past 30 years. Point being if you are consuming caffeine as you are and having a job expose to petroleum or exhaust fumes this stresses the cyp1b1 gene expression which can incresse risk of BPH then eventually prostate cancer later on down the road from prolong increase of quinolenoic acid. These fitnesd women pounding caffeine pills and coffee are potentially putting themselves at a higher estrogen related issues earlier in life. Mark my words I am seeing now a lot with women with breast cancer at age of 30-35 and prostate issue in younger men..

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And how long you been doing that amount of caffeine? I recieved a case of stage 4 prostate cancer metastasizing to the bone. First words of my mouth "doez he drink more then 3 cups of coffee". Their response was 5-6 cups for past 30 years. Point being if you are consuming caffeine as you are and having a job expose to petroleum or exhaust fumes this stresses the cyp1b1 gene expression which can incresse risk of BPH then eventually prostate cancer later on down the road from prolong increase of quinolenoic acid. These fitnesd women pounding caffeine pills and coffee are potentially putting themselves at a higher estrogen related issues earlier in life. Mark my words I am seeing now a lot with women with breast cancer at age of 30-35 and prostate issue in younger men..

I just read this. But maybe you were only refering to association of coffee and petroleum/exhaust fumes.

A meta-analysis of 6 cohort and 5 case-control studies found no influence of coffee consumption on the risk of developing prostate cancer29. Coffee consumption cumulated over the entire lifespan, age of onset and duration had no effect on the incidence of prostate cancer.
However, a recent meta-analysis found that coffee drinkers had a 21% lower risk of developing prostate cancer than non-coffee drinkers (relative risk 0.79)7.
A prospective analysis of 47,911 men in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study, 5,035 of which had prostate cancer, observed a strong inverse association between coffee consumption and risk of advanced prostate cancer. Men who consumed six or more cups of coffee per day had a 60% lower risk of lethal and advanced prostate cancer than non-drinkers. The association appeared to be related to the non-caffeine components of coffee, as the association with lethal cancer was similar for regular and decaffeinated coffee30.

7Yu X, et al (2011). Coffee consumption and risk of cancers: a meta-analysis of cohort studies. BMC Cancer, published online ahead of print. DOI:10.1186/1471-2407-11-96.

29Park CH, et al. Coffee consumption and risk of prostate cancer: a meta-analysis of epidemiological studies. BJU Int. 2010;106:762-9.
30Wilson KM, et al (2011). Coffee consumption and prostate cancer risk and progression in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study. J Natl Cancer Inst; 103(11):876-84.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Drink your coffee man, be careful what "medical", " non medical" advice you listen to and don't on here. I need a cup of strong coffee right now.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lycopene is supposed to help a bunch with prostate.

I don't like nettle root or anything that effects DHT/hormones. I like my DHT on the high range, plus it's been shown that E2 plays a large factor on the prostate (when DHT is high).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Not talking about 1-2 cups per day. I am talking about fitness nuts who drink coffe and then pound preworkout drinks or take eca stack 2-3 times per day. Combine caffeine consumption along with toulene and xylene exposures when living in a place like Los Angeles chances will increase risk. Yes there are studies and data to validate this..

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm....i have ~2 cups a day in the morning on NON work days (5 days a week) along with 100-150 mg of caffeine via a pre workout those days. On work days I typically have ~8 cups of coffee but no other caffeine. Work days I am on Houston and exposed to diesel exhaust as a part of my work....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
about five years been taking in that much caffeine

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking triple that amount of caffeine since college and have always lived in big cities. Toronto, NYC. Cancer is determined first and foremost through genetics.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are multiple mechanism which can trigger genetic expression lifestyles and environmental are just 2 of them. Then book mark this and come back in 10-15 years to revisit. I have seen over 1500 genetic reports from dr patients ailing from CFS, Lyme, FM, cancer, autism and just about any many others. They all comment "If they only knew..." Genes do not work as stand alones they work in synergy with many to potentiate an function

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
^ excellent point.

You often hear "oh it's just genetic..." when referring to different types of cancer. Not that simple.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Its the factors which trigger those genes is the problem.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its the factors which trigger those genes is the problem.
This is true, but the majority of the population don't have these genes. If cancer exists in your family, then yes, be concerned with these factors, otherwise it's just living in fear.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Actually more then you think have them they just arent expressing, but we are seeing how the environment, mindset and lifestyle are changing this in many cases.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where do the statistics come from though? Not that I don't believe you, just curious.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Comes from clients family history cross referencing with their genetic snps which are supported by the studies I already cited.
Ask the right questions you get the proper answer. When a practitioner can provide accurate family history as well unknown medical issues from just looking at genetic snps then you have a good understanding on how to properly interpret them. Genetic snps are not supposed to be used to promote specific supplements like "plug and chug" programs are promoting, but rather are used to explain family history and how you may have arrived in your current health issues. I have pulled information, and caught people off guard to where it brought tears to their eyes when they have been carrying history which may be used against them medically. This is why I have begun working with Psychiatric MDs in well respected institutions to educate them on how to possible determine what may be a better selection of the classification of medicine based upon genetic expression. The information si supported by cited medical studies. This is now taking a subjective science nto an actually science with phenomenal results with less side effects. By knowing the action of the gene along with the expression and action of the drug makes it a winning combination.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Came here get info about prostate supps, left disappointed...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Beta sterol and netle work great for prostate. Eat plenty of fresh pumpkin seeds.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's a question for the board.... When looking for prostate supps, what exactly do people look for? What sort of actions on the prostate?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what the case and symptoms presented as well as to the reason why its occurring in the first place. Estrogen of dht and their effects on the receptors of the prostate as well as the gland it self. In a few cases where we knew there was an infection, but doctor could not been point it. As they treated the underlying infections of bartonella their prostate issues resolved. People do not understand the prostate is a breeding and holding tank for pathogens

dazy75

Awards
This one works, did antibiotics but only quercetin bromelein helped mee , try google:
quercetin bromelain prostatitis

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
Anabolics 8
Shiznown Supplements 5
Supplements 10
bean5er Supplements 19