Bloodwork showing low free t, dhea, e2

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've been in TRT for years at 50mg test twice per week, and my recent blood work shows my free testosterone low at 6.8, total testosterone normal at 601, DHEA-S low at 42, and estradiol at 13. No wonder I've been having such bad joint pain recently. I am going to increase my dose of DHEA to 25mg/day, and change my injection schedule to 100mg once per week instead of 50mg twice per week and see if that might help increase free testosterone. Anything else I can do to increase free testosterone? I injected 100mg Monday and felt great, way different, much stronger sex drive for sure. A few days later and I'm still feeling fine.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're not using an AI right? If so, I believe switching to aromasin can increase free T (by the sounds of it, you don't need an AI though). Proviron and masteron will definitely increase free T by reducing SHBG, but that's an out of the box solution.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
You're not using an AI right? If so, I believe switching to aromasin can increase free T (by the sounds of it, you don't need an AI though). Proviron and masteron will definitely increase free T by reducing SHBG, but that's an out of the box solution.
I don't use an AI, my e2 levels used to hover around 25-33, not sure why they're that low now. I was feeling like an 80 yr old for a few months though, popping and cracking everywhere I went. It was embarrassing haha

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
SHBG levels?
My endo didn't check SHBG, I do have some DHT gel though that I don't use. I wonder if that would help lower SHBG if in fact it is elevated?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My endo didn't check SHBG, I do have some DHT gel though that I don't use. I wonder if that would help lower SHBG if in fact it is elevated?
My understanding is that SHBG is strictly a factor of your body's genetics and nothing can be taken to change the level. Experienced guys, is this true?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, it isn't true. In fact, you could go to the lab 3 different times of the year and have different levels, like I have. It fluctuates along with all other hormones.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, it isn't true. In fact, you could go to the lab 3 different times of the year and have different levels, like I have. It fluctuates along with all other hormones.
Are there any supplements that can be taken to change the level? In OP's case can it be lowered to then result in higher free testosterone?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thyroid hormones will increase SHBG. Something to watch for synthroid/T3/T4 users.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My joints are feeling much better now that my e2 is higher, but that anxiety that comes along with higher e2 is maddening! Causes me a lot of damn social issues, I feel like I'm gonna jump outta my skin with anxiety about 3 days after injection.. Sucks

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How often do you pin again? You were switched to once a week? Might need to dose an AI when you pin if you aren't already. You could try a low dose just on day of pinning

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
How often do you pin again? You were switched to once a week? Might need to dose an AI when you pin if you aren't already. You could try a low dose just on day of pinning
50mg twice per week had my e2 too low, so I started doing 100mg once per week, and so far it has helped. I might just need a few weeks to adjust. My total test was fine, just low e2, low free test, and low DHEA-S

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think you're right. See how it goes for a bit. Wait a few weeks and see if your doc can give you new bloodwork too.