TRT and dhea

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
I've been on Testim for awhile now and it's doing well for me. Especially when I train hard. Thinking of adding dhea to the mix for heightened effect. Good idea or bad?

Big_sxc

Awards
Ur on trt. Anything really a good idea. No need for pct. Blast and cruise. Won't lose gains. Just mix match and add stuff as u like brk

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, you may not need DHEA. I'm on TRT now for 6 months and my DHEA level is on the high side. The only way to know is a blood test.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually, you may not need DHEA. I'm on TRT now for 6 months and my DHEA level is on the high side. The only way to know is a blood test.
Agreed. The best thing for you to do is to get your protocol dialed in. Regular blood tests should be done to check T, DHEA, Pregnenolone, Vitamin D, thyroid and CBC. Don't just start adding or taking away be used you want to. Not sure but it may be hard to blast and cruise with a topical than it is injections. Wait to get dialed in if you decide to blast and cruise.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
You'll notice, as many others including myself have experienced while on trt, your DHEA levels will slowly begin to lower. I didn't realize this until I started feeling like crap mentally and physically. Be sure to have your DHEA-S levels checked now, and continue to monitor them over the years. Three years ago I had mine checked, and DHEA-S was below normal, and my endo at the time said this level was absolutely fine. Little did I know he was a total moron, and knew next to nothing about trt. After feeling like sh-t for a couple more years I started adding in a low dose of micronized DHEA, and it made a big difference. My current DHEA-S blood results should be available next week, I'll let you know the difference.

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
You'll notice, as many others including myself have experienced while on trt, your DHEA levels will slowly begin to lower. I didn't realize this until I started feeling like crap mentally and physically. Be sure to have your DHEA-S levels checked now, and continue to monitor them over the years. Three years ago I had mine checked, and DHEA-S was below normal, and my endo at the time said this level was absolutely fine. Little did I know he was a total moron, and knew next to nothing about trt. After feeling like sh-t for a couple more years I started adding in a low dose of micronized DHEA, and it made a big difference. My current DHEA-S blood results should be available next week, I'll let you know the difference.
Thanks, man. Yeah, keep me posted. I haven't had levels checked in awhile. Will do so.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My DHEA-S levels showed up low at 42, guess I need to bump my dosage up